Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #26
Cyntrox

So you're saying that bisexuality doesn't exist... Unless you're in a relationship with two people? What the fuck? Don't you think someone is capable of loving either gender without doing it simultaneously?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #27
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Maybe he had a bad day like I had that time I insulted you.
Except I have old age as an excuse (curmudgeoness! ).
I don't know. All I know is that even aside from petty insults, his "argument" is just this side of insane.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #28
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
So you're saying that bisexuality doesn't exist... Unless you're in a relationship with two people? What the fuck? Don't you think someone is capable of loving either gender without doing it simultaneously?
Oh, he addressed that all right. He stated that if you're bisexual, it means you're indecisive, and therefore immature.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:49 AM   #29
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickZero
There are plenty of other people who find my posts informative and useful.
Who? Nutters?
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:02 PM   #30
wonderland

Actually, I don't fit into any of those catagories, I just think you're an ass.

And since there are plenty of bisexual people out there, in open relationships with people of both sexes, simultaneously, you're an uninformed ass. Just because it's not a lifestyle you find appealing, doesn't mean you get to sit and pass judgement on it.

But then, since this post seems to be little more than a play for attention and conflict, pointing this out is probably fairly useless.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:11 PM   #31
bleedingheart344

Problem is, you're going out an declaring your hatred on several issues solely based on generalizations. Yeah, you run into a few annoying people with the interest in question, but you go and assume that they all are like that. To me, because of this fact, your argument is pointless. Why not just say, wow, some of these people are annoying, but to go around and say they all are is bloody insane. As for the bisexual issue, same statement that has been said before. There is such thing as being in relationships with both girls and guys.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #32
Lapin

(Looks at Points #2 and #3)
(Shakes head)

I was angry until I read Point #4. Then I started laughing. The words "Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious and Arrogant" were used to describe the people you room with.

I see you all are a perfect match.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #33
JCC

Quote:
1. Emo Kids: What the fuck is up with this influx of Emo bullshit? Everywhere I look it's just filled with moronic little tweeners, pissing and moaning about how society treats them like scum, how their lives are so hard because schools standardize tests, and how their parents don't like them wearing midnight eye shadow. Maybe it's because I had to grow up in a broken home, maybe it's because I actually have a brain, however what the hell are these kids so whiny about? If they actually went out, got jobs, and were productive members of society, instead of little Mallrats who have nothing better to do, than listen to shit music, and sew together scraps of socks to make skin tight pants, they would actually see that the world isn't in black and purple, and they aren't the centre of the universe.
I'm in agreement, yet at the same time, in complete disagreement. I despise the movement itself, but I don't despise the people, because when you look past the movement, you see the person and the personality. It's only the people who have no personality other than the movement that should be disliked.

Quote:
2 and 3. "Gays" and "Bis": Has ANYONE else noticed how common these terms get thrown about nowadays? Now, don't get me wrong, I don't hate gays, I have many gay friends. However... When the fuck did it become so convenient to BE gay? Kudos to those out there who actually are, and are being free to themselves, but to the assholes who are trying to fake it just to get attention, or fit in, please cut it the FUCK out. Thanks to bands like Tatu, and Evanescence, it seems to portray to the kiddies out there, that it will make you popular if you're gay. I honestly HATE these people glorifying it, because not only does it bring in an influx of little retards that pretend, and popular culture the fuck out of it, it screws with the people who genuinely are gay. Now, Bisexual... Why people even get away with calling themselves this is beyond me. You are not "Bi". You are not cool because you're "Bi". You did it once or twice, good job. Get off the wagon. Unless you're morman, and have plenty of partners at once, you won't nor will ever be "Bi". Get over yourself and grow up.
In a time where homosexuality and bisexuality still isn't completely accepted in society, I say that glorifying homosexuality and bisexuality is a good thing. I'm heterosexual, but I'm a huge gay rights supporter, and the sooner that being gay and bisexual becomes more widely accepted is when people can be who they really want to be.

Quote:
5. "Vampires": Let's all get this straight. You're not a fucking vampire. Grow up. You go around getting "donors" and you cut them, to lick up their blood? Not only is this not sanitary, it's not fucking smart either. I see ads for this on other websites I'm on, and it really makes me shake my head. I don't wish death upon people, however, I do with they get what they deserve... and if that involves HIV, more power to them.
That I agree with. An absolutely disgusting and mind-numbingly stupid pastime.

Quote:
6. Druggies: I understand, that people do drugs for whatever reason. I don't. So please keep it out of my face, and quit asking me. I don't care if pot makes you giddy, or sleepy. And honestly, I don't want anyone that I'm with to be smoking pot around anyone else. Anything that leaves you in a compromised state, with impaired thoughts, is not good in my books.
I agree with the having the choice of not being with people doing drugs.

Quote:
7. Anime Fangirls: Stop. Speaking. Japanese. Every second word out of your mouth is a Japanese insert, excerpted from your English to Anime dictionary. You would have exceptional drawing talent, if everything you drew wasn't full of lotus', cute bunny creatures and glazy eyed boys. You never miss a convention, and never fail to spend thousands of dollars on manga, and figurines... so stop fucking asking me for bus fare.
Hai! ^_^

Quote:
8. Bigshots and Knowitalls: I know a few, and I don't claim to know everything myself, the only thing I know is my opinion. Whether you choose to accept that or not that's up to you. However, Mr. Bigshot and Ms. Knowitall, if you would stop talking like you created the EVERYTHING, maybe I'd take you a bit more seriously. Age doesn't translate to wisdom, and just because you're older than me doesn't make you smarter... in fact it's given you plenty of more time to prove just how stupid and ignorant you are. Try learning from others mistakes, before your big head gets you stuck in some powerlines.
Oh snap! A person listing the things that are wrong with society that complains when people think they know what's wrong with society?

[quote]9. Lazy People: see Roommates./quote]

Lazy people: see people on computer. Ie you and me.

Quote:
10. The General Public: A note to every member of the general public: Please, please stop being so fucking stupid.
I stopped reading there. I could tell that the following sentences would be stupid.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #34
thedoll

What about polyamorus relationships? what about group love? are they wrong? are they the only true bisexuals? Several people don't identify as bisexual yet have relationships with men and women simultaneously and love both partners equally.

excuse my grammar all, I'm irritated.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #35
raggedyanne

Quote:
Well I guess it's time I get this put into a thread, before I go ahead and piss all over everyones breakfast cereal of choice.

I've been in a very bad mood as of late, so let's see if this will cool me off a little. Please, feel free to reply to my rant, I would love some commentary.

1. Emo Kids: What the fuck is up with this influx of Emo bullshit? Everywhere I look it's just filled with moronic little tweeners, pissing and moaning about how society treats them like scum, how their lives are so hard because schools standardize tests, and how their parents don't like them wearing midnight eye shadow. Maybe it's because I had to grow up in a broken home, maybe it's because I actually have a brain, however what the hell are these kids so whiny about? If they actually went out, got jobs, and were productive members of society, instead of little Mallrats who have nothing better to do, than listen to shit music, and sew together scraps of socks to make skin tight pants, they would actually see that the world isn't in black and purple, and they aren't the centre of the universe.
I totally agree. I'm also getting sick of everyone calling Goths Emos. C'mon people, know your subcultures!

Quote:
2 and 3. "Gays" and "Bis": Has ANYONE else noticed how common these terms get thrown about nowadays? Now, don't get me wrong, I don't hate gays, I have many gay friends. However... When the fuck did it become so convenient to BE gay? Kudos to those out there who actually are, and are being free to themselves, but to the assholes who are trying to fake it just to get attention, or fit in, please cut it the FUCK out. Thanks to bands like Tatu, and Evanescence, it seems to portray to the kiddies out there, that it will make you popular if you're gay. I honestly HATE these people glorifying it, because not only does it bring in an influx of little retards that pretend, and popular culture the fuck out of it, it screws with the people who genuinely are gay. Now, Bisexual... Why people even get away with calling themselves this is beyond me. You are not "Bi". You are not cool because you're "Bi". You did it once or twice, good job. Get off the wagon. Unless you're morman, and have plenty of partners at once, you won't nor will ever be "Bi". Get over yourself and grow up.
I identify as bisexual. I understand your rant, but please get your facts straight. There's a stereotype for everything and it's not always correct.

Quote:
4. Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious and Arrogant Roomates: Pretty self explanitory.
Lol. My roommate was my sister. You think you know someone until you live with them!

Quote:
5. "Vampires": Let's all get this straight. You're not a fucking vampire. Grow up. You go around getting "donors" and you cut them, to lick up their blood? Not only is this not sanitary, it's not fucking smart either. I see ads for this on other websites I'm on, and it really makes me shake my head. I don't wish death upon people, however, I do with they get what they deserve... and if that involves HIV, more power to them.
True with Humane's comment. It's dangerous and it doesn't make them any cooler.

Quote:
6. Druggies: I understand, that people do drugs for whatever reason. I don't. So please keep it out of my face, and quit asking me. I don't care if pot makes you giddy, or sleepy. And honestly, I don't want anyone that I'm with to be smoking pot around anyone else. Anything that leaves you in a compromised state, with impaired thoughts, is not good in my books.
Druggies are retards. period. It's just a bunch of people who can't deal with reality. Pot hurts everyone around the druggie. Especially their significant other.

Quote:
7. Anime Fangirls: Stop. Speaking. Japanese. Every second word out of your mouth is a Japanese insert, excerpted from your English to Anime dictionary. You would have exceptional drawing talent, if everything you drew wasn't full of lotus', cute bunny creatures and glazy eyed boys. You never miss a convention, and never fail to spend thousands of dollars on manga, and figurines... so stop fucking asking me for bus fare.
I know a couple of these. But it does vex me when they start speaking Japanese and fawning over girls (or guys) who are drawn so unrealistically.

Quote:
8. Bigshots and Knowitalls: I know a few, and I don't claim to know everything myself, the only thing I know is my opinion. Whether you choose to accept that or not that's up to you. However, Mr. Bigshot and Ms. Knowitall, if you would stop talking like you created the EVERYTHING, maybe I'd take you a bit more seriously. Age doesn't translate to wisdom, and just because you're older than me doesn't make you smarter... in fact it's given you plenty of more time to prove just how stupid and ignorant you are. Try learning from others mistakes, before your big head gets you stuck in some powerlines.

9. Lazy People: see Roommates.
Both good points.

Quote:
10. The General Public: A note to every member of the general public: Please, please stop being so fucking stupid. I know, I may work in public relations and retail, but that does not give you the power to do everything you can to make me work for my paycheck. How would you like me going to your job, and creating as much stress and agony as humanly possible for you? I understand that desk job is so exhausting, and when you come in to get a movie to waste hours of your free time you really should be spending with your attention-starved children, you are so tired that you just think you are the most important person on the face of this earth. I'm sorry to break it to you... There are hundreds upon thousands of people who are just as "stressed" as you. Maybe you should have thought about taking that birth control pill, if your life is so busy that you can't stand the sight of your own kid. But really, I live my own life, with my own stresses. So before you come in and rent that movie you HAVE to see now, because you were too cheap and busy to go see it in theatres with your family, don't make this grueling experience any worse.
Don't even get me started on my rant about the stupidity surround me. People in general are self centered and inconsiderate. The customers have to realize that just because the person is getting minimum wage doesn't mean they're slaves!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #36
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
True bisexuality doesn't exist... Because you can't love both sexes simultaniously... Unless of course it's a threesome, but then again, that's not a relationship.
Actually, it's quite the opposite... bisexuality is all that exists. What makes someone heterosexual or homosexual is determined by how far to either side of the bi-meter they are. But everyone's on the bi-meter.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:02 PM   #37
MaverickZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Actually, it's quite the opposite... bisexuality is all that exists. What makes someone heterosexual or homosexual is determined by how far to either side of the bi-meter they are. But everyone's on the bi-meter.
well, exactly my point right there. a degree left or right makes you either one, correct?
MaverickZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #38
Beneath the Shadows

Um... no. It makes you closer to one, or the other, but never truly one or the other, because they don't exist.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #39
Lapin

Quote:
well, exactly my point right there. a degree left or right makes you either one, correct?
Uh...no. The scale is from 0-6, 0 being completely heterosexual, 6 being completely homosexual, and 3 being evenly bisexual. People tend to score between 1 and 5 on average.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #40
gothicusmaximus

As a college freshman, point six resonates with me.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #41
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
As a college freshman, point six resonates with me.
I score a three on average. I have for the past three years. And I'm also a college freshman.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #42
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
I score a three on average. I have for the past three years. And I'm also a college freshman.
Oh, I didn't mean the Kinsey scale.

I meant MaverickZero's list.

On the Kinsey scale I'm pretty much a zero, maybe a one. I'm not sure, I never took a test..
Old 10-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #43
Lapin

Quote:
Oh, I didn't mean the Kinsey scale.

I meant MaverickZero's list.

On the Kinsey scale I'm pretty much a zero, maybe a one. I'm not sure, I never took a test..
Oh, I'm sorry.

I had to take it several times over the years.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #44
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
Oh, I'm sorry.

I had to take it several times over the years.
Oh, why did you 'have to' take it?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:32 PM   #45
Lapin

Quote:
Oh, why did you 'have to' take it?
The bloody shrink wouldn't shut up until I did. I think I became a test case of some sort to them after a bit.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #46
dark_dragon_of_ice

Didn't a recent study or something mention that most people are slightly bi?
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:15 PM   #47
MaverickZero

Most people are slightly human too
MaverickZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:43 PM   #48
Cyntrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
I identify as bisexual. I understand your rant, but please get your facts straight. There's a stereotype for everything and it's not always correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
I totally agree. I'm also getting sick of everyone calling Goths Emos. C'mon people, know your subcultures!

Druggies are retards. period. It's just a bunch of people who can't deal with reality. Pot hurts everyone around the druggie. Especially their significant other.
Hypocrite!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #49
MotherofMercies

Someone needs a hug.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #50
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Most people are slightly human too
Well it depends how many of non human species you call people.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote