Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
Ictum

Semi-tight cargo pants? (Uhm)

Heya.

Since I've ruined every single pair of pants I own, and I've had to resort to using jeans (TIGHT jeans, so effing uncomfortable - I have no clue how anyone can wear those), I'm feeling kind of desperate.

The reason why I haven't bought any new pants is rather simple: I'm extremely picky, and I know exactly what I want, and even more so, what I don't want.

So, I'm looking for light-weight (not necessarily though) cargo pants with loads of pockets, and a design that is quite slim.

I've been looking around in my town but I can only find those fancy pants with tons of chains and/or straps and whatnot. I'm looking for something simpler.

Thanks in advance.
Ictum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
MollyMac

You can buy what fits-ish in what you like and then do some DIY magic and add a slimmer shape to the legs. It's easier than you think, especially most cargo pants are made with extra fabric. Just take the measurements from your favorite pairs of pants and let those be your guide.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
deafasadoornail

Since you're a guy, you have the option of shopping in the women's dept. A lot of things are cut tighter for women, and in fact I know some guys who buy womens jeans because they can't get the guy kind to be skinny enough (yeah, I know, ouch but to each their own).

I would think that women's cargo pants in black would work, and they tend to be less elaborate than the guys version.
deafasadoornail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
Ictum

I'll bear the shame and follow your advice .

Should bring a female friend with me so I don't look as suspicious, hah.
Ictum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
deafasadoornail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ictum
I'll bear the shame and follow your advice .

Should bring a female friend with me so I don't look as suspicious, hah.
That might be a good idea. *ponders shopping with male friend for equivalent reasons* Oh wait....if I didn't want to look suspicious, I wouldn't dress this way.

It's easier to do crossgender shopping as a girl, though.
deafasadoornail is offline   Reply With Quote