Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
Hennius

Im Welcome

Hi all..
im here looking for gothic minds.... people that dont take the word heavy very lightly *cough*... a quick bio bout me..
Ive long black hair
Dark brown eyes
I enjoy haning out with the others..
my main priorities are looking as depressed as i can without letting sum1 come up 2 me and say *quote=r u ok?*
id like to get to know sum of u lot and talk about what ever the fk u want.
Hennius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
Screamed Silent Insanity

Location: On the line between acceptance of reality and denial of what my life has become.
Hello.
I am new as well.
I also want to talk to the people
on this site.
Welcome.
Screamed Silent Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
Lady Victoria Pareesis

One thing you want to do is watching carefully your spelling.
No Net speak here.
And please, do answer this form (click here), it will give us a better idea of your personnality.

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
Hennius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Victoria Pareesis
One thing you want to do is watching carefully your spelling.
No Net speak here.
And please, do answer this form (click here), it will give us a better idea of your personnality.
Ok then ill just have to get used to using this type of stuff like before but since these slang forums.... They do tend to change the way you type even after typing like this for like umm.. 3-4 years *lol*
Hennius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
the_ink_bleeds_faster

You should use English. Net Speak is not appreciated. But other then that, welcome to the site!
Old 07-12-2006, 05:54 AM   #6
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennius
my main priorities are looking as depressed as i can without letting sum1 come up 2 me and say *quote=r u ok?*
I do hope you're being sarcastic. Why the hell would you want to pretend to be depressed? Oh, yeah... I know why.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:40 AM   #7
cradle

Quote:
:sigh: Unless you have something to be depressed about, like uhhhh...your girlfriend breaks up with you or someone close to you dies or something like that, you really shouldn't go around acting like it.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #8
Draconysius

If they ask, just tell 'em "I'm not okay! I promise!" That'll get you ten gazillion goth points!
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #9
BADSEED

Hey cradle you forgot "we'll bath tonite" at the end of your Misfits signature that verse is so incomplete without that last line.
BADSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:38 PM   #10
cradle

oops, thanks for tellin me that...
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:27 AM   #11
Falken

Quote:
Excuse me for the rant, it's been a month since I last posted in an intro thread I believe...

WTF do you want to look depressed for? To score goth points? Really... you can be goth without being f***ing depressed all the time. I offer as an example, Robert Smith, who does write some damn depressing songs, but a portion of The Cure's stuff is light, melodic and a bit merry at times (The Lovecats, Close to Me, Let's Go to Bed, Friday I'm in Love and Why Can't I Be You?, being some examples).

So, whatever the hell gave you the impression that you have to look depressed to be a goth, go smack that person or delete the site from your bookmarks in your web browser...
'cause Robert Smith is one of the gothiest people in the world and never looks depressed all the time because he knows he'd be a pretentious twat if he did.
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:32 AM   #12
angel011

Why would anyone want to look depressed? It's not cool or goth, it's just boring.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:18 AM   #13
Falken

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel011
Why would anyone want to look depressed? It's not cool or goth, it's just boring.
Exactly, wtf?

I think the correct term though for someone who does would be 'poseur'

Main Entry: po·seur
Pronunciation: pO-'z&r
Function: noun
Etymology: French
Date: 1872
: a person who pretends to be what he or she is not : an affected or insincere person
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote