Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:46 PM   #126
devourer

I don't need you to like me, as I said before I'm liked and important to all those that truely matter to me... After all this is the internet and the likely-hood that we will ever meet is very remote (not that you would know even if you did).

And to answer your comment of me being a
Quote:
condenscending ass
I guess you meant " condescending " and if you meant "To descend to the level of one considered inferior or lower oneself." then I didn't as I refused to make an argument based on typing/spelling ability.

However if you meant "To deal with people in a patronizingly superior manner." Sorry but I deal with people the way I feel they act... if you act like an idiot then of course I will sound like I'm being patronizingly superior.
devourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:03 AM   #127
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
I have to agree with devourer. If for no other reason than the fact that he presents valid arguments, while those who disagree with him resort to petty and immature insults. I am a member of vampirefreaks, and yes, there are many idiots on that site, but you cannot judge an entire group by the actions of the few. I believe that is the very definition of prejudice. Besides, I would have to say everyone on this site is unintelligent and childish. If I were to judge you all by the comments of horrorgirl for instance.
*patiently* Right. But as your oh-so-tedious little friends have been informed more than once, few if any people on this site care what you think, as you've completely ignored the posting rules and just decided to do as you damn well please instead. If you can't observe something as basic as the join protocol, what makes you think you can put together an opinion worthy of notice on the part of anyone here?

Sigh...

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #128
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by devourer
I don't need you to like me, as I said before I'm liked and important to all those that truely matter to me... After all this is the internet and the likely-hood that we will ever meet is very remote (not that you would know even if you did).

And to answer your comment of me being a
I guess you meant " condescending " and if you meant "To descend to the level of one considered inferior or lower oneself." then I didn't as I refused to make an argument based on typing/spelling ability.

However if you meant "To deal with people in a patronizingly superior manner." Sorry but I deal with people the way I feel they act... if you act like an idiot then of course I will sound like I'm being patronizingly superior.
Fuck off. Seriously.

Wow....this is the first time I have actually had to tell somebody that on here!

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #129
horrorgirl

Quote:
I have to agree with devourer. If for no other reason than the fact that he presents valid arguments, while those who disagree with him resort to petty and immature insults. I am a member of vampirefreaks, and yes, there are many idiots on that site, but you cannot judge an entire group by the actions of the few. I believe that is the very definition of prejudice. Besides, I would have to say everyone on this site is unintelligent and childish. If I were to judge you all by the comments of horrorgirl for instance.
Oh shut up. Go home, slit your wrists, and then go post about it on that website. I am sure that you will get all the attention you need.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #130
horrorgirl

Quote:
I found this thread by accident. I joined so I could post. I guess you believe your opinion should be valued above all others, because you spend every waking moment posting on this website instead of contributing to society. I really do not care about your protocol. Yes, I generally do what I damn well please. I know none of the people who have previously posted therefore I do not regard any of them as my friends. I have an opinion, I expressed that opinion. I guess it was worthy of notice, because you replied to it. Just because you do not agree with me does not mean my opinion is any less valid than your own.

P.S. Thank you, horrorgirl, for helping to prove my original point. First of all I do not cut myself. Secondly, I do not think of myself as "goth" or "emo". The very fact that you believe I cut myself shows that you believe that the actions of some members of the site dictate my own. I am myself, I fit no profile, and no label can be placed upon me.
Oh....so you are one of those 'Labels suck! I am an individual'. Um...yeah....just like every other person on that site that says exactly the same thing.

Yeah, your opinion matters less. Why? Because we say so. Go and 'contribute' something to society, like your lungs and kidneys. I am sure that there are people more worthy of them than you.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:01 PM   #131
Godslayer Jillian

The cutting yourself was intended as a sardonic comment.
And you cannot enter a site and break its protocol AND bitch about how we insult your site. You're insulting ours.
Besides, when an idiot comes to this site, we scare him off. But everyone can post anywhere on VF.

How can you not know that an unmoderated "sex cult" is wrong?
Don't you realize if it's unmoderated, underage kids can enter and post whatever the shit they want?

And, as for the last thing about "not having any label", you already have a label.
I have officially named everyone that says "I am myself" as a "non-conformist".
Because the "I'm my self, I have no labels, I don't follow any trend" is getting quite trendy.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #132
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
Guys... ever consider that these people, be they members of VF or not, could potentially fit in here? Alex seems quite intelligent. Why the hell aren't we giving them a chance?
In my opinion, they came in here specifically to troll so I am throwing the whole lot of them into the same pile. They are obviously giving each other the link to this topic so that they can all come over here and whine.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #133
Godslayer Jillian

Oh, they will definitely fit here.
The question is, will Alex want to fit here? He said he didn't care about the protocol anyway.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:02 PM   #134
horrorgirl

Quote:
Ok... now to be fair... what the fuck has this site come to anyway... Vampirefreaks is actually looking better and better... Sorry to say it.
EDIT: I read your statement wrong. No sleep.

The reason why this forum goes through periods like this is because of the inability of the administrators(owners) to get off of their asses and do anything.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #135
WolfMoon

Quote:
Guys... ever consider that these people, be they members of VF or not, could potentially fit in here? Alex seems quite intelligent. Why the hell aren't we giving them a chance?
We don't want 'these people' here.

I almost laughed myself to death over Gheists' 'threat' of legal action should we use the much-beloved(HA!) VF logo! Pathetic that they came here to defend such a place.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #136
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheist

Oh, and by the way, I'd advice you all not to make use of this icon (avatar) I'm using, it is copywrite of vampirefreaks.com. I for one would rather not see our site marred by such childish banter. Also, for two, beings as the symbol is propperty of vampirefreaks.com, using it could be hazardous to both your pocketbook, aswell as your freedom.

Again, thank you all for your time.

*right clicks, saves lame avatar and emails to everyone in my Address Book*

Copyright that!!

Friggin Trog.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:22 AM   #137
Immortal_Death

wow.....what a freak
Old 06-16-2006, 04:30 PM   #138
whispers

what the Hell!!!! Has the few sanity of the world been extinguished all of a sudden?? Ijust got into that web site and its a living nightmare, man talk about ckliches (sorry don´t know how to spell it) and bloody stereotypes. Most of the "goths" there are just juniors who werent spanked enough by their german nana. Blaming everyone of their own pityful existance but themeselves thanks to sites as that is one of the many reasons y this century is so fucked up. Definately that site must go down.
Note: please excuse me if the german nana insulted anyone, that was not the idea..
whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:37 AM   #139
Release_The_Bats

There isn't anything gothic about vampire freaks, and I'm ashamed that I ever signed up.

Sadly, I don't remember my password and username, otherwise I'd delete my account. I'm glad this thread was made, though, because I haven't heard anything about the trouble that that site has had...Now, myspace...different story...
Release_The_Bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #140
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
I just joined vampirefreaks with intention to spam/troll their boards.

too bad I have to wait a couple days to do it...
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #141
bulletsinmyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorgirl
The place makes my skin crawl.
Mine too. Ugh!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:16 AM   #142
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
Yeah...I had fun trolling for about four hours until the place started to give me the creeps. I just got done deleting my account.

Also, I've noticed that participating on vampirefreaks while downloading something slows the motherfucker to a crawl. I'm pretty sure that place may have somewhat fucked up my computer.

funny though...only on VF can a troll get 70+ posts in 4-5 hours without getting banned.

That shit SO wouldn't slide here.
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:06 AM   #143
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Wow, sounds like the people on that site need some help. Yup, I pity them too. *Nods head* yup.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:55 AM   #144
raging_angel

It's really entertaining to read how everyone is saying how VF is so horrible because this crime is associated with it. What y'all fail to realize is that the crime was committed in Canada, not in Jet's server shack.
raging_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #145
Godslayer Jillian

We have had already this discussion. We're not blaming everyone in VF for this crime, but I suppose you have seen enought profiles there to see that many of them are either messed up, or just trying to fit in.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-16-2006, 07:06 AM   #146
BADSEED

It's funny everytime a tragedy like this strikes everyone always has to point the finger at a certain group of people or blame a genre of music or lifestyle. Everyone feels like they must find a logical explaination for why things like this happen. It has nothing to do with a certain type of lifestyle or culture. It simply has to do with a headcase or two that seek young impressionable people to live out their sick twisted fantasies.
It comes down to this, just like some people aren't responsible enough to own guns or pets. Well, some people definately shouldn't be having kids. A lot of these kids who commit these acts don't have any guidance or discipline in there lives (anotherwards parents tha give a shit). Or are abused to the point that they are filled with so much hatred they just snap.
Mix these above examples with a mental disorder and there you have it. I think it is these kids parents responsibility to play a proper parent and be involved enough in their lives to be able to tell when there is something going wrong with them.
BADSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:35 PM   #147
Godslayer Jillian

I mostly agree with you, BADSEED, although I'm not into entirely blaming the parents.
I've never been a big fan of Freud. If the parents are in some part responsible, they're only as responsible as the kids themselves. They just get angry at the simplest things.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 12-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #148
Melvins

<b>We have had already this discussion. We're not blaming everyone in VF for this crime, but I suppose you have seen enought profiles there to see that many of them are either messed up, or just trying to fit in.</b>

Yeah, the profiles are pretty bad. However, there are many areas where that message board where you can find intelligent people. In Random Thoughts (Only place besides Music where I regularly post), you can find quite a few people who aren't idiots. We're like the fucking mallgoth gestapo. However, even in those forums (as in these, I've noticed) there are a lot of idiots.

Also, despite what you may think, VF isn't very tolerant of illegal activities. When alerted, the Admin/Moderators act pretty fast in deleting offensive profiles or threads. As far as policing the profiles, that would be pretty hard, since the site is growing exponentially and has shiteloads of new ones every day.
Melvins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #149
Elliot

The problem with VF is there is no real limitation to who can join. I mean, I've seen Ben Folds worship profiles, and that seems really out of place in a "gothic industiral" forum thing.

But whatever.
Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:43 PM   #150
Pyre

They have no right to limit who joins, just as there are many people on this site who are not to be considered goth but join anyway, and we accept them here.

VF has its pluses, but the community as a whole really weigh it down.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote