Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #26
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
Most girls who wear G-strings won't sleep with me.
Sorry to hear that, bro.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #27
Tam Li Hua

I find g-strings more comfortable than thongs, personally, and I'm not exactly petite myself. I think one just has to find some that fit right according to their size and the kind of outfit they are wearing.

I -do- find it tacky if I see a girl with pants so low/underwear so high that it's perfectly viewable by the public, though. :/

Honeythorn: Have you ever considered Cacique? It's where I buy my intimates from, and I've always been satisfied. [I find that I feel better about myself when I'm wearing intimates that both fit -and- are pretty. ^__^ ]
Old 09-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #28
honeythorn

They look like perfectly ordinary knickers to me, thongs included. I just find them uncomfortable no matter where they're from or what they're made of.

I really seriously hope the women modelling those aren't considered to be "large" in any way. Because that would really annoy me.

There are a few pretty things on there though, like that racerback lace babydoll nightdress for example.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:39 AM   #29
Tam Li Hua

Honeythorn: Yeah, I can understand that; it took me a while to get used to them, and even now, I don't wear them very often.

I -love- Cacique! They actually have my bra and panty size in nice, beautiful designs. ^___^ Another place I like is Torrid. [I used to go to the store all the time when I was living in SoCal. ^_^ ]

On that note, I just wanted to tell you that you are beautiful, Honeythorn, and that you've no reason to feel ashamed of your body, at least in my personal opinion.

I think that in the fashion world, those women -would- be considered larger, and since they -are- modeling Lane Bryant clothing, I have to assume they aren't your average, pencil-thin models.

Big =/= Ugly, and I want you to remember that.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #30
honeythorn

Most of those women on the first site can't be more than a UK 16 from what I can see. Most of the ones modelling the knickers don't appear to be more than a 12 - 14. That isn't remotely large.

Sorry but I am ashamed of it. Immensely, ( I've lost 7lbs so far, I have another 98lbs to go ) and whilst those women are facially pretty, I find their bodyshapes to look very ugly.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #31
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Most of those women on the first site can't be more than a UK 16 from what I can see. Most of the ones modelling the knickers don't appear to be more than a 12 - 14. That isn't remotely large.
Not in the real world, no, but in the fashion model world, it would be considered large.

Regardless, the point is that the company makes great looking intimates for larger women. It's the only place I've been able to find my bra size [40 G], and thus far is a great place to shop, imho.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #32
honeythorn

Yes some of the bras were ok. I have a tendency for lace things. I really love lace underwear.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #33
Necrophagist

I really don't like it when people on certain threads for the sole purpose of bashing Uni.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #34
sweetdreamr23

I own a couple. And they're comfortable. I like them better than regular underwear.
sweetdreamr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:16 AM   #35
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
First of all, taking unprovoked shots at Uni like you two just did shows that you want trolls around, or that you have nothing interesting or intelligent to say so you go "OH YEAH REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL HATED THAT GIRL I HATE HER TOO."
Actually, that wasn't a shot a anyone (hence the lack of quotes or names mentioned). Just my personal philosophy on underwear that touches my butthole.

Quote:
Second, g-strings are only unhygienic if you wear them for a prolonged period of time, if they don't fit right, if you don't wipe yourself properly, or you don't bathe often enough.

If you bathe every day, keep yourself very clean, and have a well fitting piece of clothing, there no less hygienic than a thong or other types of underwear.
This is true, but g-strings, like thongs, are unhygienic in comparison to underwear that DOESN'T touch my butthole.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:39 AM   #36
bluey-green-vein

i imagine if you kept your butthole clean enough and washed your gs/thong regulary, bad hygiene wouldnt be that much of a problem
bluey-green-vein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #37
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaffected Shoelaces
This is true, but g-strings, like thongs, are unhygienic in comparison to underwear that DOESN'T touch my butthole.
What disturbs me as far as hygiene is concerned isn't thongs and g-strings alone, but rather thongs and g-strings made out of edible material.

The fiance and I went in Spencer's the other day, and they had some candy ones. While that's all well and good for the...er...front of a lady's nethers, and the middle, I imagine it's not so great for the back, as far as hygiene is concerned.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #38
bluey-green-vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
What disturbs me as far as hygiene is concerned isn't thongs and g-strings alone, but rather thongs and g-strings made out of edible material.

The fiance and I went in Spencer's the other day, and they had some candy ones. While that's all well and good for the...er...front of a lady's nethers, and the middle, I imagine it's not so great for the back, as far as hygiene is concerned.
candy ones... too far
bluey-green-vein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #39
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey-green-vein
candy ones... too far
No kidding.

I guess -someone- is buying them though, because they always have them in stock! lol
Old 09-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #40
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey-green-vein
i imagine if you kept your butthole clean enough and washed your gs/thong regulary, bad hygiene wouldnt be that much of a problem
Already acknowledged.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #41
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaffected Shoelaces
Actually, that wasn't a shot a anyone (hence the lack of quotes or names mentioned). Just my personal philosophy on underwear that touches my butthole.

That part wasn't directed at you.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #42
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Antichrist
I have always wondered why do females were thongs.Not that I'm complaining just wonder why cause they look they they would bug the hell out of ya.
Some girls like to show their thongs off but most of the women I know wear them to avoid panty lines and to avoid bunching under tight clothing. I have a few pairs and while I wear them regularly I never let them show.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #43
Fatbaby

I love g-strings but the rhinestones cut my ass.
Fatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #44
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Some girls like to show their thongs off but most of the women I know wear them to avoid panty lines and to avoid bunching under tight clothing. I have a few pairs and while I wear them regularly I never let them show.
Bunching regular undies in tight pants are so much more uncomfortable than a thong.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #45
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Sorry to hear that, bro.
I've actually only had sex with 1 woman, and I'm engaged to her. So yea. I guess you're right in a way.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #46
Splintered

The G-String makes my hand hurt.

Oh wait, this is fashion, not music.

Carry on.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:32 PM   #47
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
I've actually only had sex with 1 woman, and I'm engaged to her. So yea. I guess you're right in a way.
For real? I'll respect that choice, but I'd never settle down with a single woman for the rest of my life before at least sampling her competition.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #48
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
That part wasn't directed at you.
Oh, my bad.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #49
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
The G-String makes my hand hurt.

Oh wait, this is fashion, not music.

Carry on.
Hahaha, Iīve been waiting for someone to say something along those lines. Music jokes. Canīt help but love them.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #50
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
See, I notice more visible g-string lines than 'normal' panty lines. They're not doing their job right! And nowadays they have seamless underwear made from really smooth fabrics that are even less visible.

But really, people can wear whatever they like as underwear. As long as no one tries to force me to wedge a piece of string down my arse crack I'm happy.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote