Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
Darkbender423

Darkest Greetings!

Hello, my name is Kevin and I'm 37 years old and I live in Sarasota Florida. I came to the lifestyle in 1981 at the age of 12. I am totally dedicated to the undergound scene. I play guitar, bass, keyboards, programing and vocals and am currently working on putting together my first disc. I have been a tattoo artist for the last 17 years and I also paint. It's good to be a part of this fourm and I hope to get to know some of the people here. I listen to gothic, industral, techno, trance, metal and darkwave. I'm a very open minded person and I'm into all forms of self expression. I study witchcraft, herbalism and I have been a student of various styles of martial arts since the age of 10. I currently practice and teach Shao Lin Long Fist and Tai Chi Chuan and I do yoga on a regular basis. I consider myself to be very spiritual in nature. I am not a judgemental person and I'm open to just about anything. I love clubbing and partying with good friends. I look foreward to communicating with all of you fine people and trading ideas and inspiration.
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
BlackButterfly

Psst... Hey, you... guess what? You gotta fill out the 13 questions!
Go here to retrieve them...
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1644
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:48 PM   #3
unedifying

Ah, he covered most of those questions, anyway.

Welcome, Kevin!

Wow, guitar, bass and keyboards? All my dream insturments! Of course, I also plan to learn drums. So far, I'm taking a guitar and piano class in school. (Piano/keyboard--same idea.)

It's cool to have elder Goths on this site, because my folks are constantly telling me 'oh, it's just a phase!' It's very encouraging to know that in twenty years I'll still be who I am; because I know I will, and because I have also been able to see others do it, too.

I'm Morgan. Miss Morgan McCreepyBitch.
unedifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
BlackButterfly

Yeah, you got a point there... I take it back (unless he wants to, and stuff...)

Hail, O Elder Goth, and welcome. Your presence is honored. Did you bring snacks? ^_^
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
Old 09-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Elder Goth? Aw, he's just a pup! A skinny pup!
Now me, I am almost an elder.

Welcome Darkbender! (somehow, saying "Welcome Kevin" on Gothic.net just doesn't sound sinister...)

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:08 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

He's quite the eldergoth compared to us, foolish youth, the majority of the site. Welcome.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:48 PM   #7
Darkbender423

Thank you all for the warm welcome and I am pleased to be here among you all. My friendship is at your disposal. I only bring snacks for the mind!! My parent used to say that it was a phase as well, for me it is a way of life that I shall carry to my funeral pyre. As for the 13 questions.......

1. I do whatever I feel like doing most of the time, but I do have a main stream job, it is only a way to make money. In my spare time I tattoo and play music.

2. My soul came from a dark place and other than that I've traveled all over the US and currently reside in Florida where the sun melts the leather to flesh. Not the ideal place for us, but the nights are great!

3. I like reading eastern philosophy and mediphysical books, I don't know that I have a favorite author though, I read a lot of different things and I like T.S. Elliot a lot.

4. House of a Thousand Corpses, Texas Chainsaw Massacure, Natural Born Killers, The Gift, Fight Club, Kill Bill, Most Tim Burton, Dracula of course, Dawn of the Dead, etc..

5. I was married on Halloween in a pagan ceremony, outdoors and we had a variety of industral, goth and punk music blasting at the keg party reception.

6. At my funeral I would like the album Path of Sorrow, by Christian Death.

7. I would like to die by spontaneous combustion in a public place that is crowded with people like thousand of people, it would be nice to ruin a sporting event or something like that.

8. I prefer to be burned and have my ashes spread in Garden of the Gods in the mountains of Colorado Springs.

9. Vinal pants and corset with this badass ruffel shirt that I have and boots of course.

10. Not haveing to work, being able to play all day. ( hint: get good skills because it isn't easy out there!)

11. I don't know that I can pick one favorite, but I am a huge Christian Death and Skinny Puppy fan, but there are so many great bands and I love them all.

12. High school and the gutter of life.

13. I joined to meet all you fine people because I assume that most of you are of like mind.

I hope this will suffice for the questions. I'm so glad to meet you all and look foreward to many wonderful discussions in the future.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #8
BlackButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbender423
House of a Thousand Corpses, Texas Chainsaw Massacure, Natural Born Killers, The Gift, Fight Club, Kill Bill, Most Tim Burton, Dracula of course, Dawn of the Dead, etc..
I love you already... although I still have yet to see House of a Thousand Corpses...

c130
Old 09-18-2006, 08:30 PM   #9
Darkbender423

I posted a photo in my profile.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:35 PM   #10
Darkbender423

What's up with this baby goth crap? I'm anything but a baby!!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #11
BlackButterfly

Then get posting! You "advance in the ranks" (so to speak) by posting, and when you get over 100, you'll have the honor of being "Goth as Fuck", at the very least...

Tips: play the games (they're fun, and help to beef up your count) and voice your opinion...

By the way, nice pic. I wish I had good stuff like that around where I live. All the cems around me are booooring...

c130
Old 09-18-2006, 08:41 PM   #12
Darkbender423

Ok I understand now!! Sorry I haven't slept for days and I get a little loopy after awhile. Your prety cool. You should message me sometime!
Old 09-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #13
Darkbender423

What games do you like the most? Which one's are the best to play?
Old 09-20-2006, 05:00 PM   #14
Godslayer Jillian

Oh, she means the games in the General section, byproducts of idleness, like the Word Association Game, the "Or" Game, the Goth Points game, and the once cool now long lost "Yo Momma's So Goth" game.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #15
Darkbender423

Anyone here who goes on myspace should hit me up! My URL is www.myspace.com/Darkbender423kp.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:47 AM   #16
Diana

1) study psychology, play the violin.
2) the united states
3) ? idk
4) Dracula, Elvira's Haunted Woods, Nightmare Before Christmas, ect.
5) Hemoglobin by Beborn Beton; Cruelty and It's A Sin by the Cruxshadows would be nice.
6) Another World (also by Beborn Beton)
7) how does slowely and painfully sound.
8) something fashioned in the late 17th century Italian design
9) don't have one, as long as I can wear my corset, I'm happy.
10) not living with my preppy cousin...she's moving out in a week...yay.
11) Forgiving Iris
12) High School grad, psychology
13) the music
14) female
Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #17
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
oopsee-daisy!

Diana needs to repost in the Intro Board, not on Darkbender's thread...
Go to the Intro Board and click on "new thread".

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #18
ViciouslyBeautiful

Hi Diana, nice meeting you and it's nice of you to introduce yourself, but maybe you should do it in a thread of your own dear. . Just make another thread in the introduction section. .
ViciouslyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #19
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
I´m so surprised with Darkbender =), and I can´t wait to get into a discussion. Christian Death it´s the one of the bests, better than Bauhaus or Andy Sex Gang (in my opinion).
Do you have any pics of your work as a tatooist? I want to see some work!!
Welcome!
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #20
BlackButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
and the once cool now long lost "Yo Momma's So Goth" game.
Wait... there was a game with "yo momma" in it and I WASN'T HERE TO BE IN IT?!?

Curse the heavens!!!!

::goes a-diggin'::

c130