Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #1
Random

Wink what do you think about the gothic metal bands?

From Tristania album "Weedow's weeds" how is changed the Gothic Metal? Nowadays many gothic metal bands are only a noise!
I like the old stylel!
i suggest to listen this little band band from Italy: www.aevumband.com that's cool!!
http://vibedeck.com/gothicworld/aevum-nova-vita
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
nannierichie

what do you think about the gothic metal bands?

i think it will get more chances when i am joining the band.
nannierichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
Midnite

I think real "true" gothic metal has died out years ago. All this stuff that passes for goth metal today is a joke. Bands just don't make that dark, romantic, medieval sound that was so prevalent on Widow's Weeds anymore. Early Tristania, and early Theatre Of Tragedy pretty much created this little sub-genre of metal. Unfortunately when they started to change their style, not too many other bands picked up the ball. Early Trail Of Tears did a decent enough job though, and the first The Sins Of Thy Beloved album was pretty solid as well. There's a few other excellent bands out there that are more in the doom/goth catagory though, that give off much of those same dark, melancholic feelings as the bands mentioned above. For example, The 3rd & The Mortal. Their first few albums are awesome and worth checking out. The mid-to-late 90's was where it was at when it came to this style of music. Things changed fast after that, and not for the better.
Midnite is offline   Reply With Quote