Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: What Do you like to wear?
Chains 29 25.00%
Bondage 18 15.52%
Both 41 35.34%
Neither 28 24.14%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2003, 07:12 PM   #1
Gothic_Minstrel

What do you prefer??

What do you prefer to wear?

Personally i Dont like bondage ... Chains are a favorite of mine, so anytime I can wear them, I do..
Gothic_Minstrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:53 PM   #2
byroniceye

I'm all about the leather pants, myself.
byroniceye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 07:10 AM   #3
LegendGirl

I'm a "black velvet" goth, myself. But chains are nice when I'm in a "stompy" mood.
8)
LegendGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 07:54 AM   #4
MrMaelstrom

Women...Oops, wrong thread.

Bondage is not a type of clothing but a sexual lifestyle.

Sure, quite a few people wear their bondage leather bracelets and dog collars, but would faint at the idea of actually using them.

Basically, I'm fond of leather myself, which is sometimes associated with bondage/S&M, but I just like the clothes.

As for the chains, no matter how wasted I get, I never loose my keys.
As for chains being some sort of handy self-protection, I got my steel-toe Doc Martens and know how to use them.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:15 AM   #5
paperdolls

Ooh, chains !! But .. I love lace.
paperdolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:05 AM   #6
RoseTheConfused

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me!
RoseTheConfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:10 AM   #7
Asurai

I like the leather and black velvet -- not both at the same time, of course, and the latter only every so often.
Asurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:44 AM   #8
Feydreiva_Oxymore

Mmmh, bondage...

I mean the sexual lifestyle of course. I'm a naughty girl and I like to be tied up, and I fantasize about being laced in some tight my lover (don't have one, it's a fantasy, right ?) will be able to put his hands around my waist and make his fingers touch.
I also like the sound of a whip cracking in the air and hitting bare skin, but oh, I can only do it to myself so it's less fun.
Besides, I can't do it at all these days, cause two weeks ago I got drunk on absinthe (oh, how I love this lovely city of mine ! 4 euros a glass in most any bar...Absinthe tastes like pastis, but with a liquorice feel to it that's simply lovely. And besides, it's GREEN) and found out I could walk much more easily in my extreme pencil-thin high heels. So on my way home I stupidly took the stairs in the subway instead of the escalator down...I fell at the bottom of the stairs before I had time to realize I was falling, and gosh, it was so ambarassing my garters were in full display, and some grinning random boy came to hand me back my pretty shoe that had stayed on the stairs a few steps above. I called myself cinderella for a week afterwards while watching my legs and hip-bones turn purple, blue, green, yellow...LOL.
Now I've learned my lesson, won't wear high-heels on friday night !
Feydreiva_Oxymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #9
Hunter

As I've said I'm very fond of Victorian style and Medieval style clothing. Black velvet and lots of ruffles and all that. Oh and SKIRTS on guys!!!!!!!!! they rock!!! my Girlfriend said she'd probly get me one for like christmas!!!
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:27 PM   #10
pitseleh

I'm not a big fan of chains.
I like to sneak up on people, so I prefer twigs and leaves.
And I think the burka should be assimilated into
gothic fashion.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:54 PM   #11
KoRnchick

for me i usually where whatever is clean. whatever is clean is usually is jeans( baggy NEVER EVER tight) as for shirts i usually layer a longsleve with a short sleeve being it is winter here in washington and i usually where converse high tops black. i decorated them myself and my necklace is either spikes or a chain of steel balls. i also just got checkerd shoelaces that also had skulls with them in the thing but sadly the skulls won't fit in my shoe hole things. i'm so in love with my converses. and i always have at the very least on a chain or 2. :twisted: :evil:
KoRnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:51 PM   #12
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
...I think the burka should be assimilated into
gothic fashion.
I agree, burkas look so awesome. I would get one, but I don't want to stir up trouble.
As for the vote, I chose chains. Though I don't wear them too often myself, I love the way they sound.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 11:54 AM   #13
WolfMoon

bondage

I LOVE BONDAGE!!!I love to be tyed up and spanked with whips,chains and paddles.....teehee.Luckily my husband isn't too freaked out by it and will oblige if I am in the mood.I'm a switch so i also like to Dominate cute chix,any volunteers?.And yes,I frequently wear my collar when I'm out and about,I just ignore the looks the vanilla give me.

WHIP ME,BEAT ME,CALL ME EDNA
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:37 PM   #14
mourningmoon

what do I prefer?

definitely chains..I wear EGl mostly and a cute silver chain is always a nice accent for a great outfit
mourningmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 12:50 AM   #15
Daz

mmmmm absinthe... i love this stuff. really am going to have to head over to europe some day to try out the better stuff.

as for the clothing..... i had to put both. i do wear the collars and bracelets, last time i was at the bar i was attached to a leesh and passed around to various people for a few hours. as far as i'm concerned its fun, and rather arrousing :twisted: . chains are just plain entertaining, especailly when you walk down the street, or around the mall lol. dman old people are funny. leather is good but pvc and rubber are awsome, too bad its so damn expensive.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:30 AM   #16
Icegoblin

For me I like to wear leather(hats,jackets, belts, shoes,gloves), when I can afford it that is(rather limited in my selection in this town without a leather shop). Ive never been into bondage gear, its just never felt right for me. And as far as chains go ...I only use them on my trucks tires in winter to get me out of the damn snowbank I just plowed into. But on the whole Im more of a t-shirt and jeans guy or even a nice dark suit now and again.
Icegoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 08:39 AM   #17
Cross

I like velvet and corsets my self, but chains and bondage are ok too. Long black skirts...
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 12:49 AM   #18
Spraeg

Leather............. Leather leather leather and more leather........... hard to believe I was vegetarian for 6 years, huh? I like some bondage clothes, but not all of 'em are as appealing............ chains are somewhat nice, but not alot
Spraeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 08:52 PM   #19
DepressedDillusion

I love chains... They are quiet fun as put before to walk around the mall with and get looks. Also i find girls love chains and most the tiems when i go out i end up hooked on one.
DepressedDillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 10:31 PM   #20
Loroseth

Chains all the way. It's just hard to find good ones.
Loroseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 05:57 PM   #21
DancingWithTheDead

me

Well im a bit of both i ware a chain around my neck with a pentagram on it . and i have a couple pairs of leather pants but i make my own bondage pants pin strip
DancingWithTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 10:13 PM   #22
BloodyIntoxicant

AH! I love both! I'm extremely into S&M, I'm a dominatrix chik, *sigh*. I love whips, chains, bondage, nooses, fire, anything kinky. I usually wear at least 3 chains wherever I go, around my neck, wallet, arms, etc. and dog collars and leather :o yay! Lock me up, heh heh, fun stuff.
-BloodRose -Kinky Irish Chiks are the best-
BloodyIntoxicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:31 PM   #23
WickedLee

I like chains. Not because they look cute or they're fun to be tied up with though. It's the noise they make. I have a weird obsession with the "chink, chink" noise. I like to attach bells and keychains to them so they make noise when I walk. (Unfortunatley, I ran out of room on my chain and had to stick the rest of my keychains on my backpack.) People are always telling me how loud it is, which, to me, is stupid because I already know. :roll:
WickedLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 10:52 PM   #24
Ravena

Re: bondage

[quote="WolfMoon"]I LOVE BONDAGE!!!I love to be tyed up and spanked with whips,chains and paddles.....teehee.Luckily my husband isn't too freaked out by it and will oblige if I am in the mood.I'm a switch so i also like to Dominate cute chix,any volunteers?

*Raises hand*

Ravena
Ravena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:08 AM   #25
Agwani

I would have to say I wear bondage gear. But, that includes corsets and nice, tight boots.

Anything, when you strip out of it after a night at the club, that makes you go "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" is considered 'gear' to me.
Agwani is offline   Reply With Quote