Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #51
JCC

Hey LenorePoe, how many friends do you have?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #52
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I don't even mind that all the time, once these really hot twins came up to me and started talking to me about the Mormon church, then offered their card saying that I can call them and invite them over to my house to talk about Jesus.

I think the Mormons are trying to use sex appeal to gain converts now.
Gee why do I only get the ancient ones who come to my front door...
Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #53
Catch

I agree though. Living in Utah, though they stopped coming over to my home to convert me in recent years. One of the last round had blonde surfer hair and ripped jeans. It was odd. Kind of like, "Date me and joining Mormonism won't be so bad."
Old 07-21-2010, 02:07 AM   #54
LenorePoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
^ Unless you want to lose your job, I'd suggest just being polite about it, and ranting about it in the privacy of your home later.

Also, telling them you're an atheist could just add more fuel to their fire; is that what you -really- want?
I usually just give them a condesending smile and walk away.
or, if they ask me things like "what church do you go to?" I give them a look like they've asked the dumbest question in the world and say "I don't.".
or a customer once mentioned how my name has a christian meaning, to which I responded, "yeah, it's ironic."
LenorePoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:10 AM   #55
JCC

Please teach me to be rebellious and iconoclastic like you.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:29 AM   #56
LenorePoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Please teach me to be rebellious and iconoclastic like you.
its something you're born with, not something that an be taught, lulz
Old 07-21-2010, 02:31 AM   #57
JCC

Yeah, I had suspected that you were just autistic.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:53 AM   #58
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenorePoe View Post
its something you're born with, not something that an be taught, lulz
Maybe it's Maybelline.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:29 AM   #59
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
I agree though. Living in Utah, though they stopped coming over to my home to convert me in recent years. One of the last round had blonde surfer hair and ripped jeans. It was odd. Kind of like, "Date me and joining Mormonism won't be so bad."
Crap!! I'm living on the wrong continent.. where did I put that suitcase???
Old 07-21-2010, 06:02 AM   #60
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows View Post
Maybe it's Maybelline.
*spiits coffee*

Ahahahhahahahahahahahaha!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #61
ape descendant

Quote:
That happens to me while I'm at work.. and its a battle between being polite to the customer, and asserting that I'm an atheist and to fuck off.
I certainly understand the temptation to tell people to fuck off.

Usually, if its some one I never plan on seeing again, I smile and nod, then say nothing.

If its a co-worker asking me if I've found jesus, I explain that the conversation is simply not appropriate for work and that I'm rather uncomfortable having said conversation in the work place.

If they come to my house, I take it on a case by case basis. If they are kind and polite, I return it in kind.. offer food water, a place to get in out of the heat/cold. If they are rude and condescending, I point out the stupidity of what they believe and what they're doing and send them on their way.

Mormons, despite their cultish ways, are easy for me to handle... Jehovah's Witnesses are the ones that give me the heebie geebies...

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #62
Saya

There's this lady at work who asked me what church I belong too, and after I told her I'm Buddhist I quickly realized she knows nothing about Buddhism, and it was seven in the morning and I was too tired to explain.

So later I found out whenever religion is brought up she'll tell other coworkers that I'm a Buddha.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #63
ape descendant

OMFG!! ROFLCAKES!! It reminds me of this time a while ago, when I was still a practicing witch, a customer asked me what my pentacle meant... staring a huge cross in the face, I told her that it meant I was Jewish... figuring that she'd not know the difference between a five and six pointed star and wanting to avoid any sort of controversy at the front desk.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #64
LenorePoe

Quote:
Hey LenorePoe, how many friends do you have?
How does the amount of friends have anything to do with not wanting to be bothered? I didn't know this was a popularity contest. But alas, you're probably still in high school, so its all you know.
Glad to see you need other people to justify your existence and make you feel better about yourself.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #65
LenorePoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
JCC's grandfather was in Treblinka, but you just had to go there, didn't you?
of course I did.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #66
LenorePoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
telling them you're an atheist could just add more fuel to their fire; is that what you -really- want?
hehehe

"I put the fires out."
"You made them worse."
"Worse... or better?"
Old 07-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #67
LenorePoe

Quote:
Yeah, I had suspected that you were just autistic.
Look JCC< I know you've been trying really hard to get my attention throughout this whole thread, but I just don't feel that way about you!
I hardly know who you are, I only noticed you because you kept posting to me. And your username is lame.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #68
JCC

Quote:
How does the amount of friends have anything to do with not wanting to be bothered? I didn't know this was a popularity contest. But alas, you're probably still in high school, so its all you know.
Glad to see you need other people to justify your existence and make you feel better about yourself.
Of course other people justify my existence and make me feel better about myself. Having friends isn't an embarrassing sign of worthlessness, the fact that you clearly have nobody to hang out with because your misheld notions of superiority have destroyed any semblance of social interaction is. In fact, it's probably the case that your 'misanthropy' is rooted in the fact that nobody wants to talk to you, rather than you not wanting to talk to anyone because you are 'misanthropic'. Either way, you're lonely and sad.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #69
LenorePoe

Quote:
Of course other people justify my existence and make me feel better about myself. Having friends isn't an embarrassing sign of worthlessness, the fact that you clearly have nobody to hang out with because your misheld notions of superiority have destroyed any semblance of social interaction is. In fact, it's probably the case that your 'misanthropy' is rooted in the fact that nobody wants to talk to you, rather than you not wanting to talk to anyone because you are 'misanthropic'. Either way, you're lonely and sad.
wow, where are you? did you even read the original post?
Again, unlike you I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. I just want to be left alone, thus the point of this post. Yet you continue to pursue ME, only me.
Another idiot chasing after me, lol
Old 07-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #70
Beneath the Shadows

With a crowbar?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #71
Saya

Quote:
doesn't she act and even look like Unimatrix? I think she has returned.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #72
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
There's this lady at work who asked me what church I belong too, and after I told her I'm Buddhist I quickly realized she knows nothing about Buddhism, and it was seven in the morning and I was too tired to explain.

So later I found out whenever religion is brought up she'll tell other coworkers that I'm a Buddha.
ROFLOL - being Buddha is going to save you a lot of meditation time. (I do follow some of the Buddhist ways, but I don't want to be tied down). The other really cute thing I find is people who declare themselves to be aethiests (spelling?) and celebrate Christmas.

Whenever someone asks me about religion, I say I'm spiritual. no one has pushed the point - and they regretted that conversation by the end of it because I started to share some of my, um, more interesting beliefs.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #73
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
The other really cute thing I find is people who declare themselves to be aethiests (spelling?) and celebrate Christmas.
When I first became a Buddhist I said I wasn't going to celebrate Christmas. Mom got me presents anyway despite it. After a while I just realized that Christmas is secular to me, it gives me an excuse to go home once a year, visit family, shower loved ones with gifts and have a good time. Maybe if I move far away and I can't spend time with family, then I'll stop, but until then, might as well enjoy it!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #74
ssj_goku

Man, today i had this prep kid try to talk ot me in the park and i told him to f- off. i dont mess with spys.
ssj_goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #75
ssj_goku

preps are gaywads totaly.
ssj_goku is offline   Reply With Quote