Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #3101
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
I make an obviously hyperbolic joke about the heft of your thighs, and you post 'nuh uh'? .
No. I agreed I actually can do that.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #3102
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
So why haven't you blocked my posts ? Looks like gluttony for punishment to me...

Ah gluttony...all 1200 calories of it...sure.
I figured that telling you that you are being an annoying and overbearing idiot would be enough to get you to stop being an annoying and overbearing idiot; the blame either falls to the naive idealism of youth or the fact that you derive undue pleasure from being belligerently stubborn as though each proclamation of your untenable assery is another small step to victory.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #3103
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
No. I agreed I actually can do that.
I actually starting typing a post about how my 'somehow' implied difficulty where you said easily, but then my jaw slackened and I just stared at that post in all it's awesomely dense, oblivious inanity for a good four minutes. Did the earth finally give way under your impossible girth, sending you plummeting into the molten mantle of the planet? Because that's the only way my point could soar so far over your goddamn head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I figured that telling you that you are being an annoying and overbearing idiot would be enough to get you to stop being an annoying and overbearing idiot; the blame either falls to the naive idealism of youth or the fact that you derive undue pleasure from being belligerently stubborn as though each proclamation of your untenable assery is another small step to victory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpFzk...eature=related
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #3104
honeythorn

Aw, failed again ^_^
Old 02-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #3105
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Aw, failed again ^_^
That's cool, just keep saying 'fail' until you feel better. At least then people might judge you to be a mentally sound, if incompetent, internet troll, rather than the babbling loon that you actually are.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #3106
Ben Lahnger

There's been an influx of new people here lately, and a number of them are not demonstrating much in the way of critical thinking, while they post many air-headed comments and ill-informed opinions all over the place.

In related developments, it's getting harder to dog-paddle fast enough to stay above the fecal level. The sewage has always ebbed and flowed here, and I find myself from time to time measuring how tolerable it is.

There are fewer interesting conversations here of late, and more proselytizing, propagandizing and bull-shitting. Add in the increased level of inanity, and I start to question if it's time for a break from this place for a while again.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:25 AM   #3107
Amunet

Good Morning everyone....

I'm having a very hard time right now. On Saturday I left a very emotionally abusive man that I've been living with for almost a year. I love him, but I am an independent women and I never thought I would be the one in a damaging and unhealthy relationship. I've been struggling with the guilt of leaving him, and his two beautiful children, but I'm tired of sacrificing my self worth so he can show those two boys that it's OK to treat women like that!
In one hand, I feel strong and proud of myself for finally getting up the courage to leave a dangerous situation, but the other side of the scale is worthlessness and self-loathing for not fixing the problem that can't be fixed.

What's worse is that I have spent a good deal of time helping other women who are in abusive (be it physical or emotional or both) relationships, coping and giving them the help they needed to get out, but I found myself in one and I have no idea how I got here.

I'm sorry for ranting my stupid, cliche issues here, but I needed to get it out and that's it.
I hope the damage can be repaired because I don't feel like the vivacious, fun and loving person I used to be. Ugh.
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #3108
Man In Room 5

Wow Amunet, from the way you've talked about guys in the past I figured you were already single. Anyway, don't feel too bad. Guys who do that shit are bad enough but doing it in front of kids only proves he has no intention of breaking the cycle. Your leaving might be the only lesson those kids get regarding women who won't take that shit so maybe they made a note of it.

In other news: since you're free, what are you doing tonight?
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #3109
Stormtrooper of Death

Amunet, good thing you're ok and nothing escalated, we're here for you, you need anything, let me know.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #3110
Amunet

lol thanks SOD and MiR5.... tonight, I am moving into my new place and getting situated. Currently everything I own is stuffed into my jeep.
eh, I guess it will be easier later, I'm just having a hard time not going back to him. I guess that's why these kind of relationships are so hard, they draw you in and it's hard to just go. =/
Old 02-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #3111
honeythorn

I hope it all works out for you Amunet.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #3112
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I've been struggling with the guilt of leaving him, and his two beautiful children, but I'm tired of sacrificing my self worth so he can show those two boys that it's OK to treat women like that!
I am past concerning myself with women who stay in abusive relationships beyond a time when the abuse is self-evident and they are smart enough that they should recognize the need to protect themselves. But this and the subsequent comment did cause me to wonder about those boys. What lesson do you really think they learned?

I suspect that since Daddy has influence and you just walked out, they will see Daddy pick out another girl to abuse and the only lesson learned will be that women are of no intrinsic value and are easily replaced.

Perhaps you left and thought your silence and disappearance would speak to them, but that doesn't say anything. I'm not saying it's necessarily your role to teach them the error of their father's ways ... but I am saying that unless you had a heart-to-heart with them saying "This is why I'm leaving" then you didn't teach them anything.

I have friends who frustrate me when they have a bad experience at a restaurant and tell me all about it. I ask them if they reported it to the restaurant manager (having been a retail manager and knowing that bad behavior can escape your notice if the public doesn't complain about it.) The frustrating part is when they reply, "No, I'm just never going back there again. That'll teach them."

Nope, nobody notices when you silently walk away.

I am glad you left. Expect and insist on better treatment from men going forward.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 02-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #3113
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
I am past concerning myself with women who stay in abusive relationships beyond a time when the abuse is self-evident and they are smart enough that they should recognize the need to protect themselves. But this and the subsequent comment did cause me to wonder about those boys. What lesson do you really think they learned?

I suspect that since Daddy has influence and you just walked out, they will see Daddy pick out another girl to abuse and the only lesson learned will be that women are of no intrinsic value and are easily replaced.

Perhaps you left and thought your silence and disappearance would speak to them, but that doesn't say anything. I'm not saying it's necessarily your role to teach them the error of their father's ways ... but I am saying that unless you had a heart-to-heart with them saying "This is why I'm leaving" then you didn't teach them anything.

I have friends who frustrate me when they have a bad experience at a restaurant and tell me all about it. I ask them if they reported it to the restaurant manager (having been a retail manager and knowing that bad behavior can escape your notice if the public doesn't complain about it.) The frustrating part is when they reply, "No, I'm just never going back there again. That'll teach them."

Nope, nobody notices when you silently walk away.

I am glad you left. Expect and insist on better treatment from men going forward.

It was hard because I really never thought I would be that woman, I always valued my self confidence over the years, and I found myself trapped in something unhealthy. As for the children, they are 4 and 5... They don't understand, and they are only with him every other weekend. I suppose that's better for them, not to be under his influence all the time, but they notice that women have come and gone through his life, and I truly loved them, vice versa. I feel like I abandoned them. I did!
That's the hardest part. They can't understand what Daddy does is wrong, they only know that someone is there, and then someone is gone.

I feel horrible.

But thank you all for your well wishes. I hope I can bounce back soon.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #3114
Pineapple_Juice

I have apparently gotten myself into a really big mess because I've been casually doing these two dudes on the rebound...which I have never done, btw...two dudes in one time period, and I told 'em both it was just like a sex thing but now they're all attached and shit and I have to be the bitch and cut it off and tell 'em to go away.

God, does that make me a whore? It makes me a whore.

I've never been a whore before, that sort of sucks...
Old 02-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #3115
MissCheyenne

I don't personally think it makes you a whore. If you were doing everyone with a dick who came near you then you'd be a whore. It doesn't make you a bitch to break it off with either or both of them if you told them right from the start that it was purely a sex thing. It's their own fault if they got attached to you after you told them how it was. That's my view on it.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #3116
vindicatedxjin

Nope you're not a whore...I hate that feeling though, of having to be mean, it truly hurts they're man feelings, but it's they're fault for getting attached I suppose.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #3117
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
I have apparently gotten myself into a really big mess because I've been casually doing these two dudes on the rebound...which I have never done, btw...two dudes in one time period, and I told 'em both it was just like a sex thing but now they're all attached and shit and I have to be the bitch and cut it off and tell 'em to go away.

Well, you made it clear that it was only fucking, so it's not really your fault or problem.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #3118
Ben Lahnger

Quote:

No, this does not make you a whore. The voice that is saying this in your head is wrong. That voice is millenniums of patriarchal society telling women it is wrong for them to want sexual fulfillment, and that voice is bullshit.

If you were stand-up about it and told the guys up front that it was just recreational sex and you weren't looking for an emotional attachment at this time, then you behaved completely responsibly. Sometimes you can be clear that you don't want an emotional relationship and the other party thinks they are clear that they are not looking for one either, only they get surprised by their own heart. It happens. It's not your fault.

It's understandable that you would feel bad about having to tell them that you have to end the relationship because you don't want to lead them on when there is no romantic future ahead for them. That makes you a decent human being, not a whore.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 02-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #3119
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
No, this does not make you a whore. The voice that is saying this in your head is wrong. That voice is millenniums of patriarchal society telling women it is wrong for them to want sexual fulfillment, and that voice is bullshit.

If you were stand-up about it and told the guys up front that it was just recreational sex and you weren't looking for an emotional attachment at this time, then you behaved completely responsibly. Sometimes you can be clear that you don't want an emotional relationship and the other party thinks they are clear that they are not looking for one either, only they get surprised by their own heart. It happens. It's not your fault.

It's understandable that you would feel bad about having to tell them that you have to end the relationship because you don't want to lead them on when there is no romantic future ahead for them. That makes you a decent human being, not a whore.
Pretty much.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #3120
Anarasha

This new age music PISSES ME OFF.
Usually, I respect hiphop music and all this new pop stuff because fair, they are different from me.
But today at the gym, I was walking for 13 minutes, and for the larger part of that time, this one track was running with a horrible computer made rythm with a guy with what I will refer to as a "black american accent"(not for racist reasons, merely because I do not know the actual term for this) saying "pussy pussy dicky dicky sucky sucky lick it lick it!"
I can not under ANY FUCKING CIRCUMSTANCES relate to this as anything but noise.
Can anyone explain how there is any fucking sense in this? I really cannot see it..
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #3121
Mir

Amunet - I'm glad that you found the strength and courage to leave, and I sincerely hope that you won't run back to him in a moment of weakness. You deserve much, much better.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #3122
Saya

Quote:

You're not a whore and next time you want sex with no strings attached give me a call.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #3123
FlowerGirl

Quote:

No, you do not deserve to be called a whore. Self-inflicted pain is the worst, don't do it Pineapple :}
Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #3124
honeythorn

>.< My nose, chest and throat are so so sore from coughing and blowing my nose . It's not often I'm sick but when I am it likes to go at it with a bloody vengence :_(
Old 02-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #3125
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:

I think you and I are the same person.
But it's like...you told the dudes what was up. If they develop feelings, too fucking bad. You were honest.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote