Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
KontanKarite

On being MALE and the male form

Actually, this really has nothing to do much in means of having a male role, the hang ups with women and gay men, or anything of that nature.

I was actually wondering, from a total aesthetic point of view, what females and gay/bisexual males like in their male partner physique wise.

I think we've covered that it's not okay to be fat if you can help it.

But what do you find as a good looking male body? Is it really what the media represents as the very very low BF% and huge muscles? Or is there more to it than that?

For me, when it comes to females, when the body is too "perfect", I lose all interest. If a face is too beautiful, I can still lose all interest. But, I could be a special case. I am normally not sexually interested by any measure for any gender.

So what do you guys think is more or less the ideal male body?
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
KontanKarite

Think so? Essentially, I think those ideals are nice, but as for me, I strive for a thinner frame for my own figure.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #3
Vako

This is about purely physical aspects, not considering character, spirit, or mental qualities.

Symmetry, and the first thing I look at is the face. That is the first aspect I notice. Then I consider the rest of the body. It does not matter if he is overweight or not. It only matters if he is content with himself. If he is, then I find that attractive. We all love in-shape and muscle of course, but I would not reject him because he is heavy.

Next thing I consider is hygiene. How well does he take care of himself? That says alot about his own self esteem, self worth, and dignity.

The most important physical quality I notice is his passion and ability for preservation of his chosen appearance, and ability to allow it to adapt and evolve... which is related to character, spirit, and mental qualities.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
KontanKarite

Vako, we tend to share the same train of thought. I can ever really think of just one guy I know whos looks were less than stellar, but I wanted to ravage him only for the sake that he had a nice jaw line and his personality quirked my interest.

Me, personally, I don't mind a whole weight issue so much, but I do appreciate a lighter frame or medium build.

There was this one guy I ran into once who was very androginys. Oh my...
Old 03-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
Paigeybobert

I find men with a gut sexy (not too big of a gut).
Paigeybobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
mooncradle

I like skinny boys. Preferably with no body hair.
Ick, hair.
mooncradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #7
mooncradle

Head hair is good though.
mooncradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #8
Zenit

Hm...Totally based on apperance, I go for thin guys...freakishly thin almost, with nicely toned muscles. I'm kinda athletic, and I would never date a guy that looks weaker than me...

And long hair. Must-have.

"Nutrizone can kiss my pale, decayed ass"
-Draconysius
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #9
KontanKarite

So you would say a runner/dancer build is more to your liking?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
Kraven de Sade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Spright
The ideal body is any that is crafted by the Greeks.
Tiny penises are ideal? Then why aren't there more happy men out there?

Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #11
Delicate_Torture

First for a disclaimer... I'm a lesbian, and when I'm not 'functionally lesbionic' as a friend once put it, it is for very specific Dominance/submission play which implies a certain type of male, although not really a specific body type.

I do have to admit to watching the Dresden Dolls Paradise DVD and finding myself rather physically attracted to Brian Viglione... which is a very strange thing for me. I don't really think that it is just his physical shape and look, though... I think that it has mostly to do with the level of passion and energy that he is playing with.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:09 PM   #12
mrs.wes straker

Strong, but contently chubby is superb. A little fat on the stomach, for example is so cute! Hollywood's version of ideal is too perfect. Not real.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #13
Lucretia_my_Reflection

beautiful eyes is a good start they gottsta be cuddly and deathhawks help to. perfect men are boring BRING on the kawerks
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #14
Drake Dun

I tell you what. This forum kicks ass for learning vocabulary. what do "deathhawk" and "kawerk" mean? And while we're at it, what's a "chad"?

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #15
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
I tell you what. This forum kicks ass for learning vocabulary. what do "deathhawk" and "kawerk" mean? And while we're at it, what's a "chad"?

Drake
correct me if i'm wrong lucretia i had 2 have a guess:
deathhawk---one of those really crazy mohawks w/ the sides shaved completely bald???
kawerks-quirks???
Old 03-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #16
raggedyanne

Hmm. I'm a short, chubby, curvy girl; so I don't really care about weight; no guys really hit on me at all except for the abusive freaks, so yah. I like guys who are slighly muscular, more toned and lean. Guys with either shaggy/ longish hair or mohawks I find extremely sexy. He doesn't have to have washboard abs as long as he makes me laugh and can talk about books, music, politics, etc. and actually know what he's talking about.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #17
KontanKarite

So essentially, it's like it is for males checking out females? Essentially, a somewhat thinnish or healthy build? They don't really have to be super muscular ?

I was always wondering this kind of thing. Sadly, I think it's kind of like trying to get someone to explain to a blind person what a color is.

So, are you guys saying it's impossible for you to just be strictly attracted to an aesthetic? If you see just a picture of a very well built guy and you have no basis on personality or anything, what goes through your head?

As for me, when I do see a somewhat decent looking build for a guy, I kinda think about how nice it would be to feel only a few aspects of that body. Almost like trying to touch an art piece when you know you shouldn't.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #18
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
So essentially, it's like it is for males checking out females? Essentially, a somewhat thinnish or healthy build? They don't really have to be super muscular ?

I was always wondering this kind of thing. Sadly, I think it's kind of like trying to get someone to explain to a blind person what a color is.

So, are you guys saying it's impossible for you to just be strictly attracted to an aesthetic? If you see just a picture of a very well built guy and you have no basis on personality or anything, what goes through your head?

As for me, when I do see a somewhat decent looking build for a guy, I kinda think about how nice it would be to feel only a few aspects of that body. Almost like trying to touch an art piece when you know you shouldn't.
Men in magazines (or pictures of guys like that) do nothing 4 me. I usually assume male models are exceedingly vain, and that in itself makes me gag. . No offense to any goth body builders that may be reading (J/K), but loads of muscles turn me off.

Personality is very important, and I'm not just saying that not to sound shallow. I could not see myself being attracted to someone's image by itself. If a guy is halfway decent but smart, funny, polite, etc that makes him gorgeous.

Healthy is good, but there are lots of ways you can look and be healthy!

I talk to other women about this type of thing alot, and loads of girls love cuddly, smart, funny guys. But a lot like the muscly types too. It must just be a matter of personal taste.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #19
KontanKarite

Mrs. Wes, you're right. I find lots of guys attractive, but I can't quite understand why sometimes.

The oddest attraction I had ever heard was this girl who said she REALLY liked the pot bellied hairy as a bear men.

And it got me thinking. Was it an environmental response for her? Was she taught that that kind of man was the most ideal?

It's funny how our attractions can be molded by society and environment more than our own natural ideas. I think in some way, we lose ourselves in the social structures a bit. Though this could just be the anarchist coming out of me.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:34 PM   #20
mrs.wes straker

What really puzzles me is how people have a string of exes that all look like they could be related. How can you only find one type attractive? How boring.

Society certainly hasn't been able to help me form my ideas on what's attractive. Most people tell me I have odd taste.

Do you find yourself being attracted to people you never thought you would be?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:43 PM   #21
nightmare syndrome

guys.
i think every girl has something different they're attracted to...

but personally.
tall skinny guys.
ridiculously pale guys with long dark hair with sections tastefully bleached out.
large eyes with nice eyelashes. straight noses.
no facial hair. piercings. tatoos get me on.
straight hair. i hate curly hair.
defined bones everywhere.
ribs. hip bones, collar bones, jaws. HUGE turn on.
i like lightly defined abs. a cute belly button. a pretty face.
long fingers. and finger nails. nice teeth and naturally sharp canines.

i ask for so much...but i usually get what i want.
nightmare syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #22
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.wes straker
What really puzzles me is how people have a string of exes that all look like they could be related. How can you only find one type attractive? How boring.

Society certainly hasn't been able to help me form my ideas on what's attractive. Most people tell me I have odd taste.

Do you find yourself being attracted to people you never thought you would be?

Normally, I understand why I'm attracted to someone. But it's so bloody rare. It really is very very very rare for me to find someone attractive. It's not that I'm snobby, it's just that it has a mind of its own. I think I'm more apt to not being physically attracted to someone than to simply be comfortable with them. If I'm comfortable with them, then I want to do things with them. I did find a blond guy irresistable. Which is odd because normally, I shy away from blonds in the most hardcore of ways. But, there was just something about him and his "eurotrash-glam" ways...
Old 03-08-2007, 01:01 AM   #23
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun

Drake

kawek: when someone has something weird about them that makes them cute ^^

deathhawk: sorta like this persons hair [i love you hair man]
https://www.gothic.net/boards/member.php?u=6625
but normaly a little bit longer

chad: meaning unknown please ask again later

and enough with the under fed men
you know what else is hot BIG green or blue eyes ^^
Old 03-08-2007, 03:23 AM   #24
Lucretia_my_Reflection

OoOOOOOOOOOO i just had a really bad dumb moment i misspelled quirks [thank you for the corrections]
Old 03-08-2007, 04:57 AM   #25
MollyMac

Naked men look silly. Nothing personal, but the jingly bits seem inconvenient.