Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
ArchLich

Hi..

Intro eh.. righty then...

Hi. I'm Keith. Been looking for a social place consisting of people I can relate to. This may or may not be that place, I guess I'll have to wait around and see.

I'm a metalhead, although I enjoy all types of rock. My favorite song right now I guess would have to be Deftones - Change, theres a certain columbian goth girl of whom I have quite an alluring picture of which I like to view while listening to that song, it gives me a true feeling of goth, and thats what its all about for me.

I'm an artist, I like fucking around on my guitar, coming up with new riffs. Its more of a hobby than anything else, but I have an open mind, who am I to say it wont take me anywhere. I also do vocals, although I havent written lyrics in years. I mostly enjoy just singing karaoke once in a while, my vocal preference is korn, disturbed, puddle, staind, and anything grunge, although I am told that I am best suited with freaky goth or grunge, I guess thats how my voice is attuned.

I'm also a geek, I love computers and everything about them. My significant other often tells me that she gets jealous of my computer. I often respond with "then you should seriously consider medication". Anyway, I dabble in programming, web design, shit like that. I like gaming, I play WoW, and I love it.

As far as my personality goes, I'm a bit of a smartass, and I have never really given 2 shits about what people think about me or what I say, therefore some people may be offended at times, but in all honesty, I, again, dont care. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. On a lighter note, however, I dont make it a point to be an asshole, I simply have a non-existant tolerance for ignorance. In other words, as long as you're not a total fucking rejected german waterhead, we wont have too many issues.

I am a very intelligent person, and my thinking is often way too complex for most people(in no way am I trying to sound conceded, just being honest). I am often told by my peers that I ramble on about useless logic nobody cares to hear about. However, I enjoy intelligent conversations, most people whom are like me do, so, needless to say, I have very few "friends". There is only one person I have ever spoken to whom truly understand everything my warped mind manifests, I met him in a gaming community for Populous: The Beginning, he goes by the name Plosmephere. He's only 17 years old, however he may very well be the most intelligent person I've ever come into contact with.

I am anally honest(hence my blatant/blount nature). I tell the truth, without sugar coating, no matter what. So if there are any fat/ugly chicks here whom feel like asking someone if this dress makes u look like u have a fat ass, my advise is not to direct that question at me, unless you truly want an honest answer. Needless to say, alot of people think I'm a dickhead because of my blount nature, I have one word for them: Ignorant. It is, in my humble opinion, pure ignorance to resent someone for telling the truth, no matter how much the truth may hurt your feelings, simply because the truth is either a cold hard fact, which you should just accept and move on from, or the truth is a variable which can be altered by you or someone else, which means instead of crying about it, YOU SHOULD CHANGE IT! Please do me a favor and consider this a fair warning to you before you cry about something I said.

So there it is in a nut shell. Hope you enjoyed the read. If you didnt, thats cool too. I look forward to meeting you all.
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:25 AM   #2
Mir

Huh?! I guess not all intelligent people have a decent grasp of vocabulary/grammar.

Hi. I'm an asshole. Welcome.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Huh?! I guess not all intelligent people have a decent grasp of vocabulary/grammar.
If that was directed at me, then I'd like quoted examples of the lackthereof please.

And thanks for the welcome, asshole attribute duly noted.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #4
Mir

Honestly, I don't care enough to. Your post has several such instances, and big words that do not fit within the context of your statement. But, I got what you were saying, so that's good enough for me.

I'm sure someone else may want to do so at some stage.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 AM   #5
Schazmyrrh

Welcome to the boards and we have a standard questionnaire, here.
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:47 AM   #6
ArchLich

I do have a tendancy to associate certain words with meanings not commonly expressed by such as word, just the way my mind works. I often find myself questioning much of the grammatical and lingual structuring of the english language. Many times I find a word's origin to be better suited in the implication of another like, and sometimes even unlike, term. I would provide examples, but I just took sleep aids about an hour ago(I'm an insomniac), so I'm not well equiped for complex thinking at the moment. However, thank you for caring enough to better describe what you meant.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:49 AM   #7
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schazmyrrh View Post
Welcome to the boards and we have a standard questionnaire, here.
Yes I noticed it, and I got the impression that it was created as a guideline for those whom may not know what to say in an intro, so I didnt use it. I can describe myself much better in my own words.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #8
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
(in no way am I trying to sound conceded, just being honest).
Also, I'm curious, what's conceded? Did you mean conceited? I can't make sense of the sentence. I think that's one of the points Mir was trying to bring up from your post.
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 AM   #9
Mir

So, you think that we should do away with something like an apostrophe altogether?

Here is an example. Didn't =/= Didnt.

That was one of the reasons behind my original comment.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:06 AM   #10
ArchLich

lol... wow...

I'm sorry, I didnt realize I was being graded on this. But ok yeah, my bad. However you will be seeing alot more "dont"s and "wouldnt"s, because I'm simply too lazy to give a shit about typing on a forum as if I were writing a term paper.

Thanks for pointing it out though, if I ever major in literature, I'll be sure you hit you up for tutoring.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:11 AM   #11
Godslayer Jillian

'Didnt' is not a word. It's obvious that "didn't =/= didnt" just as much as "jewel =/= smwarfrum"

On the other hand:
"Here is an example." isn't a sentence.
"I don't care enough to." ends with a proposition, which is a big no no.
"But, I got" has an unnecessary comma.

Probably ArchLich made more mistakes than you did - I wouldn't know, I barely skimmed through it. I'm just saying this because of the change from the cool "I understood what you were saying, so that's good enough for me" to an unnecessary post about an apostrophe. Out of all the errors he seems to have made you choose to mention the apostrophe. It baffles me.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:11 AM   #12
Mir

A lot.

Like I said, not all intelligent people have a decent grasp of vocabulary/grammar.

Gsj: Thanks for pointing all that out. I'm not conceded enough to ignore such criticism. I pointed that one (apostrophe) out, because it was the most basic one, and he had me by the balls.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:13 AM   #13
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Thanks for pointing it out though, if I ever major in literature, I'll be sure you hit you up for tutoring.
And that's the biggest amount of condescension in one single post since Tam stopped doing that.
Interestingly, the above sentence is bad English.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:19 AM   #14
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
A lot.

Like I said, not all intelligent people have a decent grasp of vocabulary/grammar.
I'm still waiting on the examples of my horrid vocab/grammer. Just to double check myself I even read my entire post again. Other than punctuation, I am unable to find any errors in it.

Irrelevent still, since grammatical perfection on a forum is something I generally couldnt care less about. The fact that you took time out of your life to make such a point on such a minor flaw is beyond me, one would think you had better things to do. Perhaps you might even go as far as to comment of some of the things I said, to do something unfathomably crazy like, say, get to know me? Absurd, I know.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:22 AM   #15
Mir

Quote:
The fact that you took time out of your life to make such a point on such a minor flaw is beyond me, one would think you had better things to do.
And that's why I said that you had me by the balls.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 AM   #16
Mir

Your current favourite song: Changes.

Mine: Around the fur.

I think I know you well enough.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #17
ArchLich

Well, ifz eye wuz talkkin lyk diz, I may better understand your need to flame someone, because quite frankly I would too. However, my post was composed well enough to be spared the redundancy, and yet the first response I get is about grammer, rather than about the topic. I seriously hope that isnt all this forum has to offer.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:32 AM   #18
Mir

I don't think that was anything even remotely resembling a flame. It was an honest response to your claims of intelligence. You should read the last paragraph in your first post. Everyone is that way around here.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:39 AM   #19
ArchLich

Ok, well there is quite a big difference between being brutally honest, and combing through a topic in search of things to bash someone about. Yes your responses werent extremely rude or anything, but they were in fact unnecessary criticisms. When I post a topic, I generally expect to be discussing that, rather than how much I may need to go back to school.

If you cant find anything better to say about a post like that, then I politely ask you to refrain from responding to my posts.

edit: I'm going to bed now, cant keep my eyes open anymore.

Last edited by ArchLich; 05-07-2009 at 02:41 AM. Reason: going to bed
Old 05-07-2009, 02:58 AM   #20
isobel black

Fuck, you're obnoxious. Somehow almost everything you say irks me.

And, as others have already implied, you sound far from intelligent.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #21
Malice In Wonderland

I'll give you a week.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #22
Apathy's_Child

You know, it's not that I mind pompous self-righteous people on principle - it's just that you're not funny or witty enough to pull it off. Try a sense of humor with that unjustified God complex and we just might get along.

I mean, we probably won't, but it's good sage life advice anyway.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #23
JCC

Quote:
lol... wow...

I'm sorry, I didnt realize I was being graded on this.
You're the one that decided to tell us how intelligent you are. If you didn't expect us to at least give your claim a cursory investigation before conceding your greatness then evidently your claim is further invalidated than it was by saying 'conceded' rather 'conceited', implying that a Deftones song gives a perfect experience of the spirit of goth, saying 'its' rather than 'it's', 'thats' rather than 'that's, 'wont' rather than 'won't', claiming a hatred of ignorance despite being uniformly wrong in your understanding of the goth subculture, talking about how brilliant you are without an ounce of sarcasm but a flood of unintentional irony, saying 'u' instead of 'you', 'advise' instead of 'advice', 'blount' instead of 'blunt', which is an entirely unfathomable error unless it was a typo, 'didnt' instead of 'didn't' and best of all, claiming that denying your opinion is ridiculous since your opinion is strangely truth and therefore incontrivertible only to later imply that the grammatical errors Mir originally implied were "lacking" simply because you willed it before launching into a speech on how you feel that you can manipulate and change the English language as you see fit.

Please stay around, my cyber-dick is on cruise control to smacking you in the mouth.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #24
gothicusmaximus

Fuck you guys. His thinking is just way too complex for you. If you recall, they laughed at Galileo when he told that chick, 'u have a fat ass', but guess what? She did have a fat ass.
ArchLich, don't conceit to these ignorant assholes. I have one word for them: Blount.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #25
ArchLich

Yeah... It is VERY obvious to me now that you people get your jollies by spending hours on a forum searching for anything you can use for making someone feel inferior. Unfortunatly for you, I dont care enough about these forums to stick around to fuel your idiocy. So I'll be PMing a mod today requesting account deletion. Thank you all for enlightening me on what this place has to offer, its very clear to me now.

Ironic, however, that you call yourselves goth, since the goth culture itself generally consists of people whom arent widely accepted by others. Yet you guys seem to have turned this place into a flaming hypocracy, since it seems that you cannot live without trying to make everyone feel inferior to you.

As for the commenting on my intelligence, FYI, being intelligent doesnt make you a perfect speller, that would be called "smart". Intelligence is the measure of capacity your mind has for information, and the speed at which it processes it. It has nothing to do with how much you already know. So unless I had claimed to be a perfect speller, a perfect punctuater, or similiar, then your justification for the flaming I have recieved is invalid. But I'm sure you will come up with another reason for it, since you seem to be unable to live with yourself unless you're attempting to make someone else feel lesser than you.