Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-15-2009, 01:01 AM   #101
Still Jack

It'd be funny if the same laws applied to furries as they did to animals. Deer season *Kawumph*. ( That was the sound of a UniMog hitting a deer at 100kmh )
Old 12-15-2009, 01:03 AM   #102
Anarasha

Oh yeah, that would be awesome :D
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #103
Despanan

Oh, and for the record:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf View Post
james, most people who have heard of furries have just heard of certain sexual aspects from the minority. most people think of furries as people who dress up in suits for screwing. They don't understand fursuiting, or that it doesn't have to be a sexual thing, or that most times it isn't, or even that the great majority of furries aren't fursuiters. Kinda like people automatically assume goths are into heavy bondage :/, except with furries people think that is the main focus. they don't know about anthropomorphic art, or the spirituality some associate with it, or that it is a way for some people to be more comfortable in their own skin.
We KNOW about all of this. It just makes us hate you wastes of life even more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #104
Mir

Nice package, despo.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #105
Maverick

The only thing I hate more than a furry, is when a furry tries to justify being a furry,
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #106
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Nice package, despo.
I was channeling Bowie.
Quote:
Old 12-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #107
emeraldlonewoulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Oh, and for the record:

We KNOW about all of this. It just makes us hate you wastes of life even more.
Wow. way to dig up a quote from a year and a half ago. A waste of life... and damn, I was even gonna compliment your parody post above. Hell of a stereotype your flashin' there... Anyway, the "fursona" I have is one adopted to explore an idea, and attend a fur con with a friend who IS a furry, and a fursuiter... and just finished a term in the Marine corps two years ago, is happily married and holds a high paying, blue collar manufacturing job... that was my introduction to the fandom.

I didn't know what the hell to expect at that con. But guess what? I had a wonderful time, got to enjoy some amazing art, start a conga line through a hotel lobby (that was hosting a hoity toity military/government function at the time, the hotel didn't consider that one very much before double booking events) and the DJ for both dance nights had the most amazing custom sewn black leather trench anybody here would kill to have, and would not only play goth requests without blinking an eye, but put some into the mix on his own! I got the meet the Cat Man too, talk about one of the kings of body mods... It was a great experience all around.

Open your perceptions just a leeeetle tiny bit before you condemn an aspect of culture. you'll learn more, and collect some great stories.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #108
Despanan

Yeah, my parody post was pretty freaking cool, particularly the hidden message. Thanks.

Honestly you people wouldn't be so universally reviled by anyone and everyone under the sun if you stopped getting so butthurt whenever anyone criticized you. (well, that coupled with a conscious decision not to throw your lifestyle into other people's faces like the Master Chief's nutsack in a HALO tournament)

I'm glad you had fun at the con, I just hope that you can, like, open your perceptions man, enough to realize that people can consider the merits of your "fandom" and still find it thuper lame...and seriously, stop trying to level the "be more open-minded" lajer breem on anyone that thinks you fucking suck. The mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain an idea with out accepting it ie: PLENTY of people are going to consider the "furry position" (ew) and be similarly repulsed. It doesn't mean they aren't open-minded it just means they're different (and probably smarter) than you.

Trust me, I get it. Some of you got your rocks off the first couple of times, by humping a teddy bear. Some of you, really, really (REALLY) like sonic the hedgehog, some of you, have simply never, ever felt like a part of a community before you found furry, and for the first time, in a crowd of aspergers riddled bottom-feeders you were accepted.

Great. The yearning for community is a natural human trait. It's why we go to church. It's why we hit up industrial nights, it's why we do open mics, and far be it from me, to want to take that away from you.

That doesn't mean it isn't massively rude for you to throw your nuts in my face. That doesn't mean you get to "educate" me on your fandom, or sigh at how close-minded I am. That makes you no better than curbside evangelist handing out pamphlets to the sinners.
Quote:
Old 12-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #109
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
The only thing I hate more than a furry, is when a furry tries to justify being a furry,
Hey, let's all do furry jokes now :D

What's worse than a furry on a leash?
2 furries on a leash!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #110
Fyrliin

Hey, I am a Furry at Renaissance fairs! And matter of fact I was on a leash this year!
Fyrliin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #111
Anarasha

What's the difference between a Furry and a rabbit?
A furry will fuck any animal.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #112
Ben Lahnger

How many furry's does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Well, first you have to see how many can fit in there.

*Pah-rum-dum!*

I'm here all week, folks!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #113
james"bloody tears"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf View Post
Wow. way to dig up a quote from a year and a half ago. A waste of life... and damn, I was even gonna compliment your parody post above. Hell of a stereotype your flashin' there... Anyway, the "fursona" I have is one adopted to explore an idea, and attend a fur con with a friend who IS a furry, and a fursuiter... and just finished a term in the Marine corps two years ago, is happily married and holds a high paying, blue collar manufacturing job... that was my introduction to the fandom.

I didn't know what the hell to expect at that con. But guess what? I had a wonderful time, got to enjoy some amazing art, start a conga line through a hotel lobby (that was hosting a hoity toity military/government function at the time, the hotel didn't consider that one very much before double booking events) and the DJ for both dance nights had the most amazing custom sewn black leather trench anybody here would kill to have, and would not only play goth requests without blinking an eye, but put some into the mix on his own! I got the meet the Cat Man too, talk about one of the kings of body mods... It was a great experience all around.

Open your perceptions just a leeeetle tiny bit before you condemn an aspect of culture. you'll learn more, and collect some great stories.
what con did you go to? and im jealous you gotta meet the cat man that guy has some gonads to do that i heard a rumor he was gonna get a tail attached is that true or did you ask?
Fryliin whats your fursona?

love me or hate me i wont change

the eyes are the windows to the soul, are you afraid of what you see?
james"bloody tears" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #114
Anarasha

12/09 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by james"bloody tears" View Post
so as happened the first time i started this thread my words are only half heard i once again take me leave of this place. to those of you who did berate me thank you to any who want a real understanding of this fandom feel free to message me.
Today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by james"bloody tears" View Post
I will just pretend not to be hurt in a question of seeming interrest for something that is unrelated to the latest talk in this fail thread.

Didn't you leave?

How many furries does it take to do a proper job?
Well one can be purr-fect, but as you know, the mooooore the better.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #115
Joker_in_the_Pack

See, it's Christmas time and I work retail. I am constantly exposed to people spending thousands of dollars in pagan decorations to celebrate a holiday of a religion that preaches peace while its followers killed countless pagans, and all to celebrate the birthday of their Lord and Savior, who was born somewhere around March.

After that, furries don't seem so weird.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #116
james"bloody tears"

yes for a bit anashra i did leave but i came back to see if there was any questions for me and instead got something much better in the form of an interesting conversation. and Joker_in_the_Pack that made me laugh thank you.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #117
Anarasha

How can "Furries suck" be interresting for you?`

How many furries does it take to take care of a cat?
Minimum one, but the cat will NEVER be the same again.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #118
james"bloody tears"

the interest was in the two who actually made an effort to be understanding that and despanan has been a great deal of interest he has shown he understands to an extent of furry and has been granted not so nice to the fandom but he has made my eyes open to a bit about what i have done to kinda hurt the fandom which i apologize for throwing this in your faces i realize now this was not the correct thing to do but it has been a great deal of interest to me now.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #119
Solumina

Honestly I wouldn't take issue with furries if you lot weren't so damn pushy about it. I made the mistake of wearing cat ears to Neko Con this year and I took them off within half an hour because I had some many of you damn idiots coming up to me an wanting to talk about my "fursona" and when I said I am not a furry all but one of the fuckers tried to 'educate" me about the community and insisted that I needed to accept who I really am, some of them even ended up yelling in my face about it.

I don't have a problem with someone wanting to dress up as a critter or people who spiritually identify as a critter but those are completely separate communities.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #120
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I made the mistake of wearing cat ears to Neko Con this year ...
Wouldn't have been a mistake in my book. ;-}

Now all I have to do is imagine you in a bunny costume (not the furry kind) and I'm all set! LOL!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #121
vindicatedxjin

I seriously thought that furries only existed on Imvu. I had no idea that people thought they were actual furries. I guess I've been overtly sheltered here in Texas.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #122
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
I guess I've been overtly sheltered here in Texas.
Nah, that doesn't sound likely.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #123
vindicatedxjin

Well I've honestly never ever seen or heard of such a thing.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #124
Solumina

They tend to be incredibly socially awkward and so you wouldn't be likely to see them except at conventions or events where they feel accepted or online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Wouldn't have been a mistake in my book. ;-}
I think that what bothered me the most was the fact that they looked really cute and went with the theme (neko=cat) but it was just ruined by pushy assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Now all I have to do is imagine you in a bunny costume (not the furry kind) and I'm all set! LOL!
Maybe if you're lucky that's what I'll be for Halloween next year!
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #125
james"bloody tears"

im sorry that you got screamed at i admit we can pushy sometimes and id like to apologize for them.