Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:18 AM   #26
Tam Li Hua

You're really are quite the tightly-wound gentleman, aren't you Jilly?

On the other hand, I -do- agree that entire threads of such things would get mildly irritating after a while..
Old 10-26-2008, 12:43 AM   #27
KontanKarite

Man, I dunno about you guys... but I feel like cybering. Anyone up for a good romp?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:53 AM   #28
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
You're really are quite the tightly-wound gentleman, aren't you Jilly?

*Suspend in shock* ---> 'Jilly'

O_o!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:13 AM   #29
LetheanBlacklight

This thread is more annoying than the actions it slanders.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #30
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
a good romp?
AAAAAAHHH!! *whips off shirt* Just because you used that expression...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #31
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
It's just a way of explaining what you're metaphorically doing. I like them.
Metaphorically? Don't use big words when you don't understand what they mean.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #32
Moonlightballet

I must say that even though I do the asterisk thing myslef from time to time, I understand your frustration.
Moonlightballet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:13 PM   #33
tekajo

GJ, you are always the highlight of my little visits. Some may imagine you at your computer ranting and raving as though you were on Paciones Gone Wild about...does it even have a name? i mean the *thing*?

Whatever.

i know in reality you're wearing yet another smartass grin whilst trying to triple-fist the unsuspecting psyche of GNet.

Thanks.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #34
Apathy's_Child

Another one that pisses me off is "damn you stole my answer!", frequently said when someone makes a LOL-funny retort, or just says something cool.

Translation: you took the thought I lacked the eloquence to make a sentence of, and summed it up, so instead of just agreeing with what was said I'm gonna pretend I was JUST about to hit the post button when you slipped in there and beat me to it. I'm really not dumber than you, just a slightly slower typist.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #35
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
Another one that pisses me off is "damn you stole my answer!", frequently said when someone makes a LOL-funny retort, or just says something cool.

Translation: you took the thought I lacked the eloquence to make a sentence of, and summed it up, so instead of just agreeing with what was said I'm gonna pretend I was JUST about to hit the post button when you slipped in there and beat me to it. I'm really not dumber than you, just a slightly slower typist.
I think it's funny how you completely out rule every other scenario. When I say it, I A) Mean that I was going to say something along the same lines, or possessing the same meaning and/or B) I was reading the thread, had the thought and realized "Hey, someone already said what I was thinking."
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:59 AM   #36
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
I think it's funny how you completely out rule every other scenario. When I say it, I A) Mean that I was going to say something along the same lines, or possessing the same meaning and/or B) I was reading the thread, had the thought and realized "Hey, someone already said what I was thinking."
So agree with them, instead of implying they're thieving from your own reserves of genius.

I get what you're saying, and back when it was only said very occasionally I barely noticed. However, lately, it's been almost as popular as "quoted for truth", and seems to be becoming a stock answer for the unimaginative.

Given your defense of it, it appears that that includes you.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:04 AM   #37
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
So agree with them, instead of implying they're thieving from your own reserves of genius.

I get what you're saying, and back when it was only said very occasionally I barely noticed. However, lately, it's been almost as popular as "quoted for truth", and seems to be becoming a stock answer for the unimaginative.

Given your defense of it, it appears that that includes you.
No it doesn't.

B was a response to this: I was JUST about to hit the post button when you slipped in there and beat me to it. I'm really not dumber than you, just a slightly slower typist.

And once more, I never said I was planning on saying exactly what they said, just that I was thinking about something similar in meaning.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:12 AM   #38
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
I'm really not dumber than you
I think we both know that's an outrageous lie.
Quote:
And once more, I never said I was planning on saying exactly what they said
"You stole my answer" DOES in fact imply this. If you really can't see that then I suggest you go bone up on semantics, THEN use the English language.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:35 AM   #39
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
I think we both know that's an outrageous lie.

"You stole my answer" DOES in fact imply this. If you really can't see that then I suggest you go bone up on semantics, THEN use the English language.
Good thing I don't say "You stole my answer," you nitwit.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #40
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
When I say it,
My alleged "nitwittery" in guessing you do say it is based on the above sentence from you, meaning that it is directly generated by own misinformation received from yourself and is in fact actually YOUR nitwittery. Either you were lying before or you're lying now, but the fact that you're a moron holds true whichever way you slice it - so there's a consistency of sorts there, I suppose, even when you backpedal on your own words in the manner we've just seen.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #41
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
My alleged "nitwittery" in guessing you do say it is based on the above sentence from you, meaning that it is directly generated by own misinformation received from yourself and is in fact actually YOUR nitwittery. Either you were lying before or you're lying now, but the fact that you're a moron holds true whichever way you slice it - so there's a consistency of sorts there, I suppose, even when you backpedal on your own words in the manner we've just seen.
I'm not backpedaling or lying. I didn't read clearly enough. What I usually say and have said is "You beat me." However, that could be taken as the same as "Damn you stole my answer.", hence why I commented in the first place.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:42 AM   #42
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
I'm not backpedaling or lying. I didn't read clearly enough. What I usually say and have said is "You beat me." However, that could be taken as the same as "Damn you stole my answer.", hence why I commented in the first place.
............ You're a dick.

If you have a point, feel free to make it and we'll pick this up, but pointless whittering makes a vein in my temple throb. Since you are without a doubt a maker of the most redundant points EVER, probably best we call a halt until you develop an actual argument.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #43
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
B was a response to this: I was JUST about to hit the post button when you slipped in there and beat me to it. I'm really not dumber than you, just a slightly slower typist.
The fact that it offends you so much when it's such a small detail tells me PoS is right.
And besides; no, you're not a slower typist. If it's just about being a slow typist, that means both you and the other are typing at the same time. You can't see their post yet if they're posting it at the same time you are.
So how can you read it and say "damn, you beat me to it?"
And you still haven't really explained why you have to say "yeah, that was my idea too, I was about to say it" instead of "I agree"

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #44
JCC

Jillian: edit button.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #45
Godslayer Jillian

I'm letting her say that, but I still doubt all those times were a quick edit to erase ALL of your opinion and change it to "lol we thought the same"

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:35 AM   #46
raggedyanne

Point. It's better to say something unique yet similar (I know, oxymoron) rather than sound like a "nitwit". That is now my word of the week. Fear, nitwits, fear.

Sorry, halloween sugar high
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #47
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
The fact that it offends you so much when it's such a small detail tells me PoS is right.
As nice as it is to know that someone shares my annoyance (and pedantry) about this....... you don't even know my goddamn name? Dude, that's cold. I thought what we had was special.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #48
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
And besides; no, you're not a slower typist. If it's just about being a slow typist, that means both you and the other are typing at the same time. You can't see their post yet if they're posting it at the same time you are.
So how can you read it and say "damn, you beat me to it?"
And you still haven't really explained why you have to say "yeah, that was my idea too, I was about to say it" instead of "I agree"
It's Apathy not Portrait of Sanity. Though I get them confused too.
And I'm know I'm not a slower typist, I never said that..
I can say "Damn, you beat me too it." Because it was most likely I was at school when it was posted. So let's say I'm reading over a thread, and I see a post, and mentally comment on it. However, there are most post after wards, and I'll look down and see that someone has already said something similar to what I was thinking. And there isn't a reason 'why' you have to say "yeah, that was my idea too, I was about to say it" instead of "I agree", because there isn't a definite reason for why you have to do anything. It's just another option. However, my point is more about how PoS...Apathy, implies that I'm uncreative by doing so (not to mention I've been saying it more than lately). I can see how '" You stole my line," is uncreative as it is very likely that A) It wasn't your line and B) You're just trying to take credit for a good crack for the sake of popularity, but there's nothing wrong with "You beat me." Because hell, I was at school, or sleeping, so you did.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #49
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
It's Apathy not Portrait of Sanity. Though I get them confused too.
Are you accusing Jillian of stealing your confusion, or just trying to hurt my feelings?

Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #50
Xombie

Haha. So, Mitsy, your first explanation is that you were typing it, had your mouse on the "post" button, and somehow knew to refresh the thread to see that, oh my god, somebody had posted what you were just typing! Your second explanation is that you read it and noticed a few posts down the page the same response that you were going to give and thought "I was going to say that" before you started typing it at all.

CONTRADICTION CONTRADICTION CONTRADICTION.

P.S. I have no idea what this argument is about. I only read that MitsyMayhem provided two fairly different explanations as to why she said "you beat me to it," or whatever these shennanigans are about.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote