Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-04-2005, 11:16 PM   #76
Scythan

Hmm, I'll try that lemon drink tomorrow, as I happen to have some. No grapefruit, though. Thanks for the ideas.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:19 PM   #77
Sanctus Dei

No matter how far I go or how hard I work... I am never satisfied.
I am overly giving in terms of trust yet am untrustworthy...
I will never be proud of my accomplishments.. I am too quick to act.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:21 PM   #78
rockandrose

Also, keep in mind that consuming lemon juice regularly can cause your skin to be slightly more sensitive to the sun/wind than usual.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:23 PM   #79
TheKorovaMilkbar

Damn it Scythan, I wish you could have been around during a conversation me and my friends recently had. It might have helped change your views on being a nihilist.

And NyQuil, where's the fire? Come on, you can't have torture without fire.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #80
Scythan

rockandrose: That's okay, since I try to avoid going outside as much as possible. I don't like most weather.

Korova: Why? What aspect were you discussing?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:38 PM   #81
TheKorovaMilkbar

The point of life. It really made sense as to why there are some who can see a meaning to life and then there are those who don't. I don't imagine I would be able to look at it the same ever again.

Oh yeah, and rain....Come on, you gotta love rain.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #82
Scythan

I don't suppose you could summarize it? It's fine if you don't want to.

I'm fine with rain... as long as I don't get wet.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:51 PM   #83
TheKorovaMilkbar

I REALLY wish I could share the whole conversation with you, as that made it stronger and way more meaningful, but alas, I wouldn't be able to remember the whole thing.

Basically, it had to do with the view life only has as much meaning as a person puts into it. The point is you start with a blank page, and for your life to have meaning, you must fill this page with experiences. The more experiences and fun you have, the more meaningful your life. If you feel that life is meaningless and don't take chances and experience it to fullest because of said views, then it will remain a pointless life.

That is a basic summary. Sorry it's not very enlightening, I wish I could figure out how to better explain it. Oh, and it is not meant to offend anyone in any way.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:00 AM   #84
Scythan

I don't see why it would offend anyone. Nihilism can be used in many different ways, and a big one is the fact that it helps rid the mind of useless moral quandaries, allowing the person to be him/herself and enjoy life. It seeks to remove useless restrictions imposed by society, in essence truly "freeing" the individual.

Have you gone to the site? It is very well written and enlightening. It takes multiple reads for it to really make sense, though.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:18 AM   #85
TheKorovaMilkbar

People can get offended over the wierdest things, so just making sure.

And I really like that view on morality. It would make people's lives so much simpler and more enjoyable.

No, I was not aware there is a site. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:19 AM   #86
AlKilyu

I have never told anyone that if I were a Jedi, I'd use my powers against evil goats.

AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:23 AM   #87
Scythan

To Korova:

Yeah, it's in the Shill section. Sorry if I sound all preachy, hehe. I just find that directing people to a site about the subject can be much easier than trying to explain it and possibly making mistakes.

It would be great if everyone had that view on morality, but they don't. That makes it hard to change, as you still have to fit in with the established moral guidelines. It's frustrating, so I try not to think about it too much, heh. Good night
Old 12-05-2005, 12:37 AM   #88
TheKorovaMilkbar

You don't sound preachy at all. You argued the point very well.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:22 AM   #89
Auriane

Since I don't know any of you personally anyway, I guess I can just tell you all the things I've kept secret (but wanted to talk about, of course, there are some things I won't even spill over the internet).

*I am fascinated by blood. Sometimes I cut myself (on places where no one will notice) so I can see and taste it. I've also traced all the major lines on my left hand with a knife and had adrenaline rushes for weeks after just by looking at the scars (they're healed now).
*I cheat on my boyfriend. I don't just have sex with everyone, but I make out with most people that are up to it. The boyfriend is completely oblivious, even though I've repeatedly told him that I'm not monogamous.
*More on the boyfriend. I can't imagine ever breaking up with him (we've been together for almost three years) without feeling physical and mental pain, but sometimes I catch myself wishing he would die in an accident. I don't want to hurt either him or me by ending the relationship, but I don't think I can ever be happy with being in a relationship with anyone, I'm much too individualistic for that.

Er.. I'll just stop now. It's bad enough already. I'm just never able to talk about these things to anyone, and it tends to weigh heavy on me sometimes.
Auriane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:36 AM   #90
edible_eye

come to america. i'll make out with you for a while. i've got some time to kill.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:42 AM   #91
Auriane

America is very far, and I have exams to take. Maybe later.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:46 AM   #92
rockandrose

Auriane, you shouldn't even feel guilty for feeling that way. It's natural.

It means you're human.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:52 AM   #93
dreamforthedead

There is a ghost-type-thing that has followed me around since I was born. The majority of my family has seen it and my mum is quite sure its my dead older bro (he died as a baby 10-or-so years before I was born) anyway. I call it Mikey, it makes me feel safe and gives me something to blame strange things on. I called it Mikey because I think it looks like Mikey Way (the bassist from My Chemical Romance)... but thats just me I suppose. I've never told anybody that in my life so feel special
lets me live my life like this..."
'Honey, this mirror isn't big enough for the two of us'
dreamforthedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:51 AM   #94
LightPollution07

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXambivalenceXx
I have to add... Over the past year, I've had a battle with insecurities about weight, and I've gone through bouts of bulimia, anorexia, and all, but I was never strong enough to keep it up.

I can't live by a set diet, or lack there of.
I know what you mean. I hate how everyone makes it feel like you have to be insecure. If I was the only person in the world I wouldnt have to worry about anything.

Im kind of rambling here. I've been anerexic for a year now, and it just all seems so wrong, and yet I love it. I dont know. its not that I hate the way I am. its that I hate the way people think I am
LightPollution07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:31 AM   #95
sensuous0mar

I'm epileptic and was put on a medication that stopped my seizures but made me gain 70 lbs....i was already overweight (although still gorgeous and in my opinion, had a little extra in all the right places)

now I feel like the most disgusting person on earth. It's harder for me to do the things I used to do like go running on the treadmill or play ddr....or softball in the summer. I also like to swim, but I get short of breath. I tried really hard to lose the weight but the drug effects your metabolism and your appetite. I was always hungry and always tired. What made it all that much worse was that I couldn't do anything about it. I was helplessly getting bigger and bigger. I got really scared and the doctors finally took me off of that medication. They put me on one that has been known to make people lose weight. I don't want to be rail thin.....I just want to be pleasantly plump like I was before. Curvy in the right places, just a little extra. Able to be athletic again...not ginormously huge. I have a wedding to stand up for in June and I'll never find a bride's maid's dress looking like this.

Okay. That's all.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #96
NyQuil of Doom

Yes Korova, fire is often involved as well. That, or red-hot pokers... again, generally in rather sensitive parts of the anatomy.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #97
Metatron

Haha I'm a DDR junkie! As for another thing not many people know about me...I have synesthesia.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:28 PM   #98
LightPollution07

something about me that I havnt told anyone else....
hmm....
When Im really lonely, I listen to anything thats familiar. Little kids songs even, like "Jesus loves me" and "If your happy and you know it" it soothes me
LightPollution07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:43 PM   #99
Auriane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
Auriane, you shouldn't even feel guilty for feeling that way. It's natural.

It means you're human.
Thanks It's nice to know some of the things you feel guilty of are natural. I guess we should all talk about this more often, we'd have much less frustrations that way.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:19 PM   #100
joyslayer

I suppose we would, wouldn't we?

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
joyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote