Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:51 AM   #201
Joker_in_the_Pack

She lives in Jordan, so either Judaism or Islam. I don't know about Islam but I'm pretty sure neither religion allows you to get tattoos. Judaism for sure does not allow it, strictly speaking.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #202
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
What religion is that?
Islam, and no Joker, the are no jews here...

Islam forbids anything that causes harm to human body, coming from believing that god is the one created them, and we must take care of them, so that we can be able to function better... Tattoos do damage to muscle tissue so it's forbidden, smoking, drinking... It's all a no no...
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #203
honeythorn

Tattoos don't go deep enough to penetrate muscle tissue. So that's wrong right there. There is a slight bruising sensation for a couple of days afterwards from the needle hitting your skin at high speed, but that is no different to any other bruise.

The old fashioned style of single needle puncture tattooing ( which is still practiced in some parts of the world ) using a single needle and something to hit it with ( often a piece of wood ) may be the sort you are referring to ( or the Koran, whichever ) . Since it is being done by hand and not a machine, there is no way to gauge how deep the needle is going, since no one can hit the top of the needle with the exact same pressure every single time. So in that respect, some very slight muscle damage may occur. That type of tattooing would certainly have been around at the time the Koran was written, but equipment has obviously changed so to be honest the rule is outdated. No disrespect.

With modern tattoo guns it won't happen, since you can set the needle depth and speed. The outline goes a little deeper than the colour, but it doesn't even get close to the muscle.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #204
Geoluhread

That's the first time i hear of this xD... But it's forbidden... 100%... And not only the person who gets one is damned, But the person who does it as well...

It has also other reasons for being forbidden But i can't phrase them in english xD

Something with changing the way god created you *also like plucking your eyebrows, it changes the natural shape that they are created*
Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #205
honeythorn

Fair enough. Ink is also poisonous to the skin to some degree, which I'm pretty sure would be considered harm by those rules . And red tattoo ink contains mercury. It's the colour most people tend to react to , me included. I can no longer have tattoos with red in them.

You aren't allowed to pluck your eyebrows? Really? I didn't know that. Are you allowed to shave your legs and so on?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #206
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Islam, and no Joker, the are no jews here...
There are five million people in Jordan, I bet I could find one.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:06 PM   #207
PortraitOfSanity

I didn't want to start a new thread for my story, so I'm gonna post it in the closest match.

Today the 16 year old girl across the street came running over to me while I was out having a smoke. I work part time in a piercing studio, and do most of my piercings myself, and I've given her advice and equipment before. About a month ago she came to me asking how she should position her septum piercing, she was planning on doing it with a safety pin, and when asked how she was going to disinfect it, she kinda looked at me all funny. So I gave her a couple sterilized needles, a pair of forceps and a bottle of Bactine and told her how not to make her nose look like an eggplant in a week (the only reason I didn't do it myself is that her parents are your typical suburban business class, and since I'm not a licensed piercer, I don't even want to know what kind of trouble I would have been in if they found out).

So anyway, back to today. Her and her friend were piercing her friend's tongue, and she comes to me because blood's spurting out of the center of the needle. So of course I knew what they had done, but I go over to check, and sure enough, they had hit her artery. I have the girl whose house it is call 911, tell her I'm not involved at all (this is suburbia remember), get a couple towels from the kitchen and tell resident girl to hold them on her friend's tongue as hard as she can until the ambulance arrives.

The kid ended up alright, they had to tie off her artery though, and the parents are, as far as I can guess, shitting bricks right now.

Let this be a lesson for you kids, you see those big blue things on the bottom of your tongue? Those are ARTERIES, not BLOOD VESSELS. One will stop bleeding on its own, can you guess which one? Here's a hint: it's not big and blue.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #208
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
I didn't want to start a new thread for my story, so I'm gonna post it in the closest match.

Today the 16 year old girl across the street came running over to me while I was out having a smoke. I work part time in a piercing studio, and do most of my piercings myself, and I've given her advice and equipment before. About a month ago she came to me asking how she should position her septum piercing, she was planning on doing it with a safety pin, and when asked how she was going to disinfect it, she kinda looked at me all funny. So I gave her a couple sterilized needles, a pair of forceps and a bottle of Bactine and told her how not to make her nose look like an eggplant in a week (the only reason I didn't do it myself is that her parents are your typical suburban business class, and since I'm not a licensed piercer, I don't even want to know what kind of trouble I would have been in if they found out).

So anyway, back to today. Her and her friend were piercing her friend's tongue, and she comes to me because blood's spurting out of the center of the needle. So of course I knew what they had done, but I go over to check, and sure enough, they had hit her artery. I have the girl whose house it is call 911, tell her I'm not involved at all (this is suburbia remember), get a couple towels from the kitchen and tell resident girl to hold them on her friend's tongue as hard as she can until the ambulance arrives.

The kid ended up alright, they had to tie off her artery though, and the parents are, as far as I can guess, shitting bricks right now.

Let this be a lesson for you kids, you see those big blue things on the bottom of your tongue? Those are ARTERIES, not BLOOD VESSELS. One will stop bleeding on its own, can you guess which one? Here's a hint: it's not big and blue.
To the girls: Ten fucking points.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #209
PortraitOfSanity

Makes you wonder if these kids are even taught basic biology in school.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #210
VelvetPill22

Quote:

OH MY GOD. That seriously made me cringe and made me never want to get my tongue pierced ever. I have goosebumps.
VelvetPill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:41 AM   #211
meezerosity

*twitches and huggles my APP certified piercer with over 20 years of experience and Anatometal jewelry*
meezerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #212
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
You aren't allowed to pluck your eyebrows? Really? I didn't know that. Are you allowed to shave your legs and so on?
Plucking your eyebrows is changing the way that they naturally look, which means change the way you look, since the face isn't something a girl must cover... I've heard, haven't looked through it, only heard, that it makes you wrinkle faster... I don't know... I like my eyebrows, never thought of changing anything about them... But, in extreme cases, in which a girl's eyebrows are very thick, she is allowed to enhance them, But not too much plucking... And between the eyebrows is allowed , more of better if you do so, so a girl wont end up with one eyebrow...

When it comes to body hair and so, it's considered to be higene *screwed the spilling of that one*... And it's better if a person removed body hair... I mean, talk logic... If you don't... You'll stink...!!

@Joker: 6 millions, and if they are here... Very very very rare... Living secretly most probably
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-20-2008, 01:27 AM   #213
Joker_in_the_Pack

Well duh, I wasn't expecting a Jewish district. I'm playing probability saying there is a chance that there's 1/6,000,000 though since it's Jordan maybe not >_> it's not outside the realm of possibility.

And if it's changing God's work that's the issue, I guess you're predestined to live in tents. Growing plants changes the way the planet looks, so does building cities, how's that any different? It's changing God's work, isn't it?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:27 AM   #214
Geoluhread

This isn't the thread to discuss such topic, but i'll answer your question hoping that you'll leave it at this point here

God created humans superior to all other creations on this earth, giving them the mind and logic thinking and all... So all this what's on earth, it's made for humans to take benefit of it (also take care of it so it'll stay through out time, or atleast human lifetime)
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-20-2008, 10:04 AM   #215
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

That's her belief and i respect it, you should too. And it's very reasonable too. I have to ask you (geo) though, I saw in the turkish series Noor (Gumus in turkish), Mouhanad has a tattoo... And in Turkey, 99% of the population is muslim... So is there an Islam denomination that allows tattoos or is he one of the 1%?
Wingweaver_The_Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:53 PM   #216
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
This isn't the thread to discuss such topic, but i'll answer your question hoping that you'll leave it at this point here

God created humans superior to all other creations on this earth, giving them the mind and logic thinking and all... So all this what's on earth, it's made for humans to take benefit of it (also take care of it so it'll stay through out time, or atleast human lifetime)
I wasn't attacking your beliefs, just questioning them. I don't know too much about Islam and dislike not knowing things.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #217
crucifix

got my lip pierced in sunday. I have wanted it for so long.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:18 AM   #218
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingweaver_The_Vampire
That's her belief and i respect it, you should too. And it's very reasonable too. I have to ask you (geo) though, I saw in the turkish series Noor (Gumus in turkish), Mouhanad has a tattoo... And in Turkey, 99% of the population is muslim... So is there an Islam denomination that allows tattoos or is he one of the 1%?
Err! I hate that series!!
If religion says something doesn't mean that everyone will follow... If you watch more of it you'll notice that they drink too...

@joker, curiousity i understand... It's the way you said it that felt like attacking... Anyway, it's all good!!
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-22-2008, 08:22 PM   #219
3lackrose

Quote:

So anyway, back to today. Her and her friend were piercing her friend's tongue, and she comes to me because blood's spurting out of the center of the needle. So of course I knew what they had done, but I go over to check, and sure enough, they had hit her artery.
Yyykess! =(
3lackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #220
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingweaver_The_Vampire
This is the most patronizing thing I've read in a long time, congratulations.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #221
roserougesang

I have a tattoo placement question:

At some point I want to get a tattoo of a cat paw print, but i'm not sure where to place it to bring out it's full niceness. I'm also planning to get 's-shape violin holes' tattooed on my back and I don't want the placement of the cat print to clash with that.

Any ideas for where to place this cat print?
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #222
Evening Falls Around Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
Nose piercing stings a little, but it's not bad at all compared to getting the cartilage in your ears pierced (mine hurt like a BITCH for about two weeks and I couldn't sleep on that side for three!).
I had the cartilage in both ears done at the same time... It hurt to even lay down.
Right now I have three in each lobe and one in each cartilage. I'm going to get my bottom lip and each lobe and cartilage done once more.
Side note: each pair of piercings has a different gauge in them.
Evening Falls Around Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:23 AM   #223
LilMizNitemare

Can someone answer a question for me?
I plan on getting a tattoo on my stomach, just above my hip, but I'm ticklish there. My boyfriend's sister got one near her elbow and she's ticklish there so she laughed as she was tattooed and it came out funny.
Anyway, I want to know how to keep from laughing while the artist is tattooing me. Is it possible? Or should I just get my tattoo elsewhere?
LilMizNitemare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:39 AM   #224
CandyKorns

I want to get a tattoo on my wrist, lower back and the back of my neck. But I scared I'll regret it. I know I won't if I get one on my wrist, I just haven't figured out what I want.
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:57 AM   #225
Valravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMizNitemare
Can someone answer a question for me?
I plan on getting a tattoo on my stomach, just above my hip, but I'm ticklish there. My boyfriend's sister got one near her elbow and she's ticklish there so she laughed as she was tattooed and it came out funny.
Anyway, I want to know how to keep from laughing while the artist is tattooing me. Is it possible? Or should I just get my tattoo elsewhere?

Well a tattoo is something you will have for the rest of your life, so personally I would do it where i like it the most and if i laugh i guess the guy who is making tha tattoo will have fun :P
Valravn is offline   Reply With Quote