Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:22 AM   #1
13th Floor Productions

Gothic Holiday Greeting Cards!

Can't find any cards that reflect who you are at Hallmark or the 50% Off store? Of course you can't! Their cards are generic and usually suck. However, we have a solution for you.
Our debut Holiday '08 line is out now! They feature custom gothic, Edward Gorey-inspired artwork by Jesse Larson and are priced very competitively with the junk in the stores.
You can find them at Amalthea's Attic, a great gothic and alternative website. Look for 13th Floor Productions to see our line.
13th Floor Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:56 AM   #2
Maggoty Anne

You plagiarise my favourite independant clothing gallery!http://www.amaltheasattic.com/catalo...roducts_id=362
http://www.amaltheasattic.com/catalo...roducts_id=365
http://www.amaltheasattic.com/catalo...roducts_id=431
http://www.amaltheasattic.com/catalo...roducts_id=425
http://www.amaltheasattic.com/catalo...roducts_id=432
http://www.amaltheasattic.com/catalo...roducts_id=365

I'm going to report this to the makers ofGravestone Artwear, the REAL creators of those shirts. Please don't buy anything from this company, everyone!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
13th Floor Productions

I have no idea what you're talking about. We're 13th Floor Productions and we make greeting cards, not t-shirts. Amalthea's Attic sells t-shirts from Gravestone Artwear products, with the company's permission.
The links you provided are for their t-shirts, not our cards. Our art is custom work from an artist. If you look at our cards, it's obvious that we didn't steal their images.
We're trying to provide the gothic community with products that reflect their style and that they can enjoy so please don't spread misinformation about us.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
amaltheasattic

Hi there. I run the Attic. While I appreciate your posting links to my shop, I don't appreciate you saying that we support any kind of plagiarism.
Yes, we carry shirts from Gravestone Artwear, and are proud to do so. We also credit them in the manufacturers list. However, the poster was referring to a new line of greeting cards that we're carrying by 13th Floor Productions. These cards are in the style of Edward Gorey and are original illustrations by Jesse Larson. They bear little to no resemblance to the tee shirts to which you're referring.
You're more than welcome to continue posting links to our shop, but please, don't trash our hard working artists, or our shop. We don't appreciate it, and were you one of the independent artists that we support, or one of the shops we distribute for, including your beloved Gravestone Artwear, we're sure you wouldn't appreciate that either.
-Amalthea
amaltheasattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggoty Anne
Where the hell are you getting the idea that they are plagiarizing anything? The website that you gave for the creators of the shirts clearly shows retailers can order from them and so it would be expected that others would be selling those shirts. You really should be more careful about spouting false accusations like that, some companies are willing to sue people who falsely accuse them of plagiarism.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
13th Floor Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Where the hell are you getting the idea that they are plagiarizing anything? The website that you gave for the creators of the shirts clearly shows retailers can order from them and so it would be expected that others would be selling those shirts. You really should be more careful about spouting false accusations like that, some companies are willing to sue people who falsely accuse them of plagiarism.
Thank you so much for your support! I'm running a tiny, tiny little company here and I greatly appreciate any support that I can get. In tough times like this, help is awesome!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
Solumina

Not a problem, you were in the right and didn't deserve the attack
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #8
13th Floor Productions

Get our cards for less on the Amalthea's Attic website!
For one week only! From now until Friday the 12th, customers within the US get FREE SHIPPING on their orders of $60 or more! Just enter code SNEAKYFREE at checkout! You can STILL use the 20% off coupon as well! Just enter this code after you've redeemed our HOLIDAY SHOPPER code. You'll get the free shipping deal as well as 20% off! The free shipping offer is good to all US customers, and the 20% off coupon is good worldwide!
They've added some new goodies to the site this week, including my cards, so take advantage before they're gone!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #9
jack_the_knife

Fuck your cards, I'll make my own...
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
13th Floor Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
Fuck your cards, I'll make my own...
While I don't advocate the misuse of my cards, I guess if you buy them you can use them however you want. However, just be warned that the edges can be sharp, no matter how much lube you use, so if you really want to copulate with them, be careful.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #11
Darcnyss

Personally, I would love to get some of those greeting cards, but the festive season has already annihilated my bank account due to the gifts I had to buy everyone.

I really like what I've seen so far.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #12
13th Floor Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcnyss
Personally, I would love to get some of those greeting cards, but the festive season has already annihilated my bank account due to the gifts I had to buy everyone.

I really like what I've seen so far.
Thank you! I really appreciate that. Sorry to hear about your bank account; the holiday season is quite the hungry money-eater, isn't it.
I'm doing cards for Valentine's Day also, I'll post more info here, so watch Amalthea's Attic for those. Hopefully your bank account has crawled back out of the dark pit of poverty by then.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #13
Darcnyss

I'll be sure to set some money aside for a gothic valentine card. I'm sure my girlfriend will get a kick out of it!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #14
13th Floor Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcnyss
I'll be sure to set some money aside for a gothic valentine card. I'm sure my girlfriend will get a kick out of it!
I hope she will and I hope she gives you your desired sex, food and cigarettes! Maybe even money!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:23 AM   #15
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor Productions
While I don't advocate the misuse of my cards, I guess if you buy them you can use them however you want. However, just be warned that the edges can be sharp, no matter how much lube you use, so if you really want to copulate with them, be careful.
I should have seen that one coming...
I'm still going to make my own...
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #16
13th Floor Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
I should have seen that one coming...
I'm still going to make my own...
OK, you understand why I had to respond. Listen, let's call a truce now, I can forgive you. I can also offer you an olive branch: I'm always looking for new artists to work with so if you're good with the visual arts, maybe we can work together. It's for pay, btw.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:42 PM   #17
13th Floor Productions

Rumor has it that you can still get your cards in time for the big holiday! From what I hear, you can order by the 21st with regular shipping and 22nd with express (in the US only) and get them in time. However, this is the holiday season so don't wait until the last minute!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #18
13th Floor Productions

*BUMP*
Because someone posted a stupid "OMG, BF problems!!" post in Shill. Mainly because she used "text speak" and that irritates the Hell out of me.