Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-06-2008, 05:03 AM   #26
viscus

I drink plenty of coffee. Occasionally I'll drink an energy drink if I really need a boost in the middle of the day (of which this country has a rainbow variety of, for all those overworked salarymen).

A few times in college when I had to pull an all-nighter to write a research paper, I would drink 3 or 4 Red Bulls, which would keep me awake but did nothing for my ability to focus or think clearly.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:42 AM   #27
disorder

Rockstar FTW! Those things are liquid happiness.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:02 AM   #28
Metabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
V .
What's a V?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #29
Cicero

V is an energy drink.

I'm not a fan of energy drinks myself, I'd rather stick to coffee since it doesn't make me feel like I'm pumping my body full of something completely unnatural.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #30
Despanan

Energy drinks are pretty much just a trick to get you to buy overpriced, poor-tasting soda with extra calories.

It's the same theory behind energy bars. When I was out on the trail I started out snacking on multiple Cliff bars a day (which I still like) till I realized that $2 and up was way too much to pay, when I'd get the same or more calories and stuff from snickers bars and the like, for less than half the price.

I'll down an energy drink on occasion, if I'm on a long car trip and don't want anymore coffee, but they really don't give me much more energy than a coke or mountain dew.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #31
sweetdreamr23

I like Rockstar.
sweetdreamr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #32
The Antichrist

Have you treid that fruit punch flaver.
The Antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #33
LittleStrangeling

I enjoy Monster, only the original monster though, and only half a can at a time on certain occasions. Like if I score perfect on one of those agonizing biology tests that my teacher gives us. I enjoy things more if I know I did something to deserve them.
LittleStrangeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #34
Saya

I like Amp, when I worked on ten hours night shifts they were the only thing that could keep me coherent while trying to troubleshoot with grumpy/tired Americans
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #35
Joker_in_the_Pack

People used to drinking coffee regularly will not be effected by energy drinks. Try depriving yourself of caffine for about three weeks then have a BFC of monster. You'll fly. Also, those starbucks energydrinks make you jittery as shit.

They're terrible for you. Drank a case of rockstar once on a bet, was wired for days. I won fifty bucks though
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #36
Solumina

Blech I am not a fan of energy drinks and due to the amounts of stimulants that I have been on they don't do shit for me so I don't touch them. Plus they are bad for you, even in moderation they can fuck with your system.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #37
killslowly

Uhm...

I am not a habitual user of energy drinks. I get my fix with caffeine and nicotine. I guess you can call me old fashioned.

But I did go through times when I had to drink them. Specially some pretty boring analytical courses for the military.

Funny story:

We were training for a deployment to Southwest Asia, and I am enjoying a red bull.

This freak of a man comes over to me, and starts to read me the riot act on how bad they are, how they thin the blood, and if you get shot, you will bleed to death much quicker than a non energy drink user.

I almost slapped that man. I told him: "you fucking nitwit. If I get shot enough to be bleeding to death, my blood being to fucking thin is the least of my problems. Give me a tampon, plug the bullet wound and shut the fuck up".

It was an epic moment seeing this guy, who probably told that story to hundreds of soldiers, walk away with some thoughts to ponder.

So kiddies, if you find yourself in a situation where you might bleed from an artery, don't drink energy drinks LOL.

Uncle Jerry.
killslowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #38
Destituxe

SoBe?

I enjoy SoBe.
Destituxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:21 AM   #39
Slap Your Love

I drank 6 monster energy drinks two weekends ago and to say the least it was not good at all. I lost my mind.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #40
Opteron_Man

I'll stick to my coffee, thanks.
Also, I was surprised when rockstar made my piss flourecent yellow.
Yuck! I don't care how much vitamins and ginsing are in energy drinks.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #41
Fatbaby

I don't drink them unless they are organic.
Fatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:03 PM   #42
Heavenly_Goth

Location: No where right now, I attend Job Corps in North Carolina
I love moster and nos.
Heavenly_Goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #43
Joker_in_the_Pack

Nos tastes like pineapple, which is always good.

Starbucks sells an energy drink that comes in a can, tastes like coffee. This thing has about twice the amount of "energy" ingredients per cup than monster. It's fucking POTENT.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #44
The Antichrist

I was at the store yesterday and seen this new one redline.I have heard about it and thought I would try it and see if it is any good.They taste pretty good but they come in a small bottle.It didn't give me no extra energy but I think 2 or 3 will wake my ass up.Look for this stuff.It is hard to find but it is reaally good.
The Antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #45
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I have never tasted an energy drink, though I buy them all the time for my son and daughter. No Fear Gold is their favorite.

EDIT: unless you count Starbucks Grande Cafe Mocha. With whipped cream and nutmeg! Yum-yum.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #46
Corpsey

I'll have a lift plus once or twice every month perhaps but only if I want to feel my cells being forced into action. I also heard an interesting fact about how they obtain Taurine. Apparently Taurine can come from Bull semen. Now, I wonder how they realised that Taurine could help you when procuring it from a Bull...

^_^

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #47
Saya

You gave me a heart attack with that Corpsey! However Red Bull has this section on this website that says "THIS IS SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS, WE DO NOT GET THIS STUFF FROM BULL TESTES"
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #48
Corpsey

Hahahaha I know.

I read a bit into it after posting that and found out they get it mostly from Bile, or something of the sort, and that it's an essential nutrient in our diet. Not quite an amino acid, but close enough. It also is found in seaweed a lot, so there must be a lot of taurine floating around in me right now, for I just had Sushi.

Just something I pondered on.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #49
drewsilla

If I could, I'd replace my blood with Monster. I love it like a fat kid loves cake.

Oh, and you can't beat Redbull and vodka. Now THAT'S an energy drink of kings!!
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #50
twink

I don't hate them, but I don't love them either. Occasionally I'll have one or two Red Bulls mid-morning on Saturday, which is my busiest day of the week at work. Normally, though, I stick with coffee because energy drinks are too sweet.
twink is offline   Reply With Quote