Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Athanos

As Instructed, Hi-yah!!

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
My day job is graphic/video artist working in dvd/film industry. I'm also a passionate writer and illustrator. I've got three books out in ebook through indie networks Amazon and Smashwords. I began illustrating the first in my own style and have been developing that since then. My style has evolved greatly and if I knew then what I know now I'd have shaved my production time by 90%. Let's see hobbies? Watching tv, movies and reading on my iPad or iPhone and promoting my work wherever I can. Here are a few covers:

2. Where are you from?
Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I've lived in Vancouver, Nova Scotia, Canada & Sparta, Athens, Messinia, Greece.

3. Who is your favorite author?
I don't have a single one. Though if hard pressed I would give you a pantheon of them. Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Clive Barker, Frank Miller. Yes most of my faves are comic book writers but there wasn't anything that precluded the graphics.

4. What are your favorite films?
Lots of Ridley Scott, from Bladerunner to Legend, though I do also love Peter Jackson's Rings Trilogy.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I'm not interested in matrimony and neither is my wife.

6. At your funeral?
I'm not interested in dying and my real, full name is Athanasios. Strictly translated is undying or undead.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Fornicating, it might be bad for the person I'm with but who cares I'd be dead: and happy.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I want to be cremated.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Sweats, comfort is key. They'd also be black but the pet hair is too easy to see on black.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
No job and somebody else paying for my livelihood. I also miss the complete freedom to do whatever I want to do with my day.

11. What's your favorite band?
I don't have a specific one, but some of them are: Earlier Rolling Stones, Joy Division, Johnny Cash, earlier Marilyn Manson, most of Billy Joel, some U2, some White Stripes. I could go on and on.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Mostly the arts. I studied Fine Arts, Illustration, Graphic Design, 3D Animation, Video Editing.

13. Why did you join?
My mind is drawn to the dark and macabre. The books I mentioned earlier are essentially me exploring why the Antichrist would want to follow his fate. Who would want to destroy or enslave the world? Not a plug just showing where my mind is at and why I joined this forum.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I am unabashedly male. I love my physical strength, I enjoy peeing standing up and I fart proudly.

Obviously, you are free to share other interesting or pertinant information, but we thought it would be nice to give you some guidelines for the basics.

Welcome, we're looking forward to getting to know you.
Athanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Renegade Angel

Hi! and welcome! I dig your art up there, it looks really really nice. Who are your main influences for your art style?
Renegade Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Athanos

If I had to list them I'd say classical artists like Bouguereau, Caravaggio and Rembrandt. They were very realistic in their renderings doing a lot with light. I would also add pure comic books, Frank Miller, Dave Gibbons, Geoff Darrow.

I saw your post of introduction, did you put up any art yourself?
You mentioned your style as cartoony, you should show some of your stuff or at least link to where it can be seen. Is your avatar an example?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
CIRQUEFREAK91

Greetings friend!
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
Renegade Angel

no, I'm afraid all of my recent art that I had scanned was lost. I have to resort to using a tablet until my computer gets out of the shop. lol no, my avatar is not my art. My friend made it for me from a dressup game. I have some of my sketches lingering around on photobucket. I can post a link to my album on photobucket (because deviantart's mods are rat bastards) if you like. Oh and apologies in advance for the piss poor photo quality I've been using my phone for pics until my computer is fixed.

http://photobucket.com/krongarrsart
Old 06-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
Athanos

Not Bad At All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Angel View Post
no, I'm afraid all of my recent art that I had scanned was lost. I have to resort to using a tablet until my computer gets out of the shop. lol no, my avatar is not my art. My friend made it for me from a dressup game. I have some of my sketches lingering around on photobucket. I can post a link to my album on photobucket (because deviantart's mods are rat bastards) if you like. Oh and apologies in advance for the piss poor photo quality I've been using my phone for pics until my computer is fixed.

http://photobucket.com/krongarrsart
Your work shows promise. I like your attention to detail. Keep at it, nice stuff.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
Versus

Hah. Legend. Tim Curry does an amazing devil.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
Athanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Hah. Legend. Tim Curry does an amazing devil.
Yeah Curry was excellent, I keep hoping for his own movie. The cool thing about it though was that Ridley Scott didn't go for calling him satan or the devil but made all the more creepy and mythological by only calling him Darkness.
Very Joseph Campbell.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
Renegade Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanos View Post
Your work shows promise. I like your attention to detail. Keep at it, nice stuff.
Thanks! I try to keep at it as much as I can.