Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:45 AM   #1
CptSternn

MP3 Software

So most people out there have a favourite application they use to play MP3's. Who out there uses what and why?

Personally, I use Winamp, since it was the first MP3 player out there and I have always stuck with it. I use the MMD3 skin, which is probably the best skin out there I have seen in comparison to most all skins for any player.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:07 AM   #2
Kraven de Sade

On my computer, I use WMP, simply because that's what the comp came with. If I'm walking about, I use Sony discman. (Model D-NE520) The thing kicks so much ass. I get (usually) 30 hours off it, and it only need a single AA battery, so, yeah. I'm happy with it.
Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:36 AM   #3
Cyntrox

I use winamp too... Because I don't see it missing any features that I need when just listening to music.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:24 AM   #4
Firestorm

Kaffeine.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #5
Temptation

I use Nero Showtime. It has support for all the audio formats and video formats, I have come across. Unlike Winamp, which doesn't have that good video playing, it's great with video.
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
Minyaliel

XMMS and amaroK, depending on what exactly I'm doing. XMMS's usually for listening to online radio and audio books, amaroK is usually on when I just feel like having some background noise or a random playlist. Apart from that I do use the last.fm player quite a bit.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #7
IsolatedReptile

I just use iTunes, mostly because I have an iPod and it uses the iTunes specific format.
IsolatedReptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 AM   #8
CptSternn

Neo Showtime is nice looking - its forced upon us who have Nero 7. AS far as the video suport in WinAmp, I do agree their video interface leaves much to be desired, but the support is based on your codecs.

For those who don't use K-Lite Mega Codec pack, I would say you need to get it and install it now.

http://www.codecguide.com

They have all the codecs you will ever need for every format - encoding and decoding - its free and they have the open source versions of quicktime and real player bundled so you can watch those formats in Media Player or any other player you want without having to install their bloated players (respectively) with all that spyware attached.

Also note they have support for all the smaller formats like OGG and even the Flash compression so you can download and view YouTube vids in any player you choose on your desktop.

That being said I LOATH iTunes. Not because the interface isn't nice looking and it doesn't do a decent job BUT because of the same reason I LOATH Real Player and Quicktime Player - they are bloated applications that take up a rake of disk space and have a half dozen sub-apps that run constantly inthe bakcground slowing down everything.

Most people on high-end machines don't notice the prefromance loss unless they benchmark it or try to play high end games, like Doom 3, Quake 4, or Neverwinter Nights 2 to name a few - all of which take HUGE performance hits if you have any of those players installed.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:44 AM   #9
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
I use iTunes, 'cos I'm awesome.