Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #26
JuliaGaltic

Hehehe... I'm with EPS. When he comes around asking for it just say his new "girlfriend" came by and took it.

Be evil, it feels good every once in a while
Old 02-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #27
Iriacynthe

I'm not that evil, I'm already amazed that I haven't called him yet to ask if he's all right because I haven't heared from him in two days. I'm so goddamn pathetic.

Besides, all I wanted from him was his love. If he can't give me that, I don't need anything else from him (well, except this one pair of trousers that fitted me too, I looked damn hot in them, but that's one thing he didn't leave here).
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #28
JuliaGaltic

Not pathetic. I was in a emotionally abusive relationship before the one I'm in now (don't know if there is such a thing but that's what it felt like).

We were good friends before though, just not made for eachother in that way. We still talk. I still care for him a great deal. 9 months after the break up he apologized for everything and basically implied that having me back would make his life worth living. I accepted the apology but never would I take him back.

Just remember who you are around him and don't call him. Let him make the first move and apologize at least if he's ever going to. Just make sure you're really over him before you talk to him again.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #29
Iriacynthe

This was never an emotionally abusing relationship, he's just a damn coward that chooses the easy way out, and blames other things for everything. He has a depression, but he will have to change his attitude to get over that. He blames the fact that he doesn't have a job, but when he does, everything will get better. Yeah right.
I know I'm actually stronger than he is, and I feel sorry for him. I've loved him madly for over two years, and I still do, but I can't pull him out of his self-pity, and I won't let him take me down with him.
I hope he changes his view on life, and on himself, because he's a wonderful person, and there are so many good things about him, it would be a shame to waste all that because he doesn't dare to take his life in his own hands, and handle things properly. And I don't only mean breaking up with me in a decent way, although I would certainly have appreciated that very very much, but just everything.

I know I will eventually get over this, after a lot of crying and tearing love-letters apart, but I wonder what he will do. I know it's not my problem anymore, but still, I wonder.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #30
Disfunction

I don't like the idea that people attempt to apply some insidious motivation behind people's actions. He wasn't trying to hurt you, I'm sure of that, because he could have done it much more efficiently had he wanted to. He didn't handle it well, and it seems like he wanted to have his cake and eat it, too... but you've really helped him believe that this is a possibility, it seems.

My history with love is a spotty one. I've had a few relationships, all of which had their own problems ineherent within. When you're 18, two years with someone is a long time. It's hard to just move on after you've had your heart broken, and that's perfectly understandable. Rather recently, there was a girl in my life who raised my spirits and then let me drop into a freefall which left me gasping for breath with a few too many tears running down my face, for my personal taste. She and I had never been in an actual relationship, but we'd exchanged terms of "I love you" which, I personally believe to be a bit more binding than a relationship without. She was free to find someone else, and I was fine with that, but she chose the worst possible moment to drop the news on me, right when my life was starting to close in on me and the stress I felt was almost too much for me to handle. I don't, for one moment, hold against her the fact that she wanted to come clean and tell me that she'd developed feelings for another guy. I don't really hold many things against her, as this is something that must be kept in mind as a possibility, at least subconsciously.

What I do hold against her is the carrot on the stick that she held just out of reach, above and beyond the grasp of even my puckered lips. No. It's wrong for someone to try to keep you enticed when someone else is in their grasp.

I recently allowed myself the opportunity to shed my idealistic perspective regarding love. That is not to say that I no longer believe in love, but I do not believe in it in the same sense that I have in the past. My standards for love have been lowered to reality. I've made no new pursuit of love, I've not followed up nor indulged in any of my crushes, etc. Instead, I've found refuge in friendship.

I've realized that sometimes I would pursue a relationship out of the convenience of having a relationship. Now, I've realized that I need to love myself enough to not wait around for someone who has proven to me, at least once, that the best I can ever hope to be is understudy. You should try to open your eyes and realize that anybody who treats you like that isn't truly in love with you; they are in love with love.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:22 PM   #31
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriacynthe
This was never an emotionally abusing relationship, he's just a damn coward that chooses the easy way out, and blames other things for everything. He has a depression, but he will have to change his attitude to get over that. He blames the fact that he doesn't have a job, but when he does, everything will get better. Yeah right.
I know I'm actually stronger than he is, and I feel sorry for him. I've loved him madly for over two years, and I still do, but I can't pull him out of his self-pity, and I won't let him take me down with him.
I hope he changes his view on life, and on himself, because he's a wonderful person, and there are so many good things about him, it would be a shame to waste all that because he doesn't dare to take his life in his own hands, and handle things properly. And I don't only mean breaking up with me in a decent way, although I would certainly have appreciated that very very much, but just everything.

I know I will eventually get over this, after a lot of crying and tearing love-letters apart, but I wonder what he will do. I know it's not my problem anymore, but still, I wonder.
I just read this, so you can pick out from my post whatever bits do and don't fit, and make something useful out of it if you can.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #32
rockandrose

You learn from your past experiences.

I believe communication between a couple is an important aspect in a strong relationship, if that starts to crumble down, then there's a problem arising.

No matter how weak you become, physcially, mentally or emotionally, you have to pick yourself up and try to rebuild your inner strength again.

Life is full of struggles. This is one of yours. Have faith in yourself, and don't let a male like him, or any male belittle you to a point where you feel like you "need" him to survive.

You're young, and pretty too.

Be strong.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #33
Iriacynthe

Disfunction: Don't worry, I can definately find some useful things in your post. Thank you.

rockandrose: Thank you for the pep-talk and the compliment, you're sweet!
Old 04-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #34
Iriacynthe

Hi,

I just wanted to thank you all. It may sound stupid, after all, this is only internet and I don't know any of you in real life, but you've helped me trough a difficult time and I appreciate that.

I haven't met my ex again, I know he's still together with that girl and it still pisses me off when I think about the way he treated me but I'm getting over that. I gave his guitar to my younger brother who thinks I'm the best sister in the world now, so that's settled too.
I've met a gorgeous guy and although in the beginning I didn't know if it was a good idea to start a new relationship so soon, we've been together for over a month now and every time I see him I fall in love with him even more.
In other words: I'm fine. Very fine.

Again, thank you all, you guys are great.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #35
Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriacynthe
Hi,

I just wanted to thank you all. It may sound stupid, after all, this is only internet and I don't know any of you in real life, but you've helped me trough a difficult time and I appreciate that.

I haven't met my ex again, I know he's still together with that girl and it still pisses me off when I think about the way he treated me but I'm getting over that. I gave his guitar to my younger brother who thinks I'm the best sister in the world now, so that's settled too.
I've met a gorgeous guy and although in the beginning I didn't know if it was a good idea to start a new relationship so soon, we've been together for over a month now and every time I see him I fall in love with him even more.
In other words: I'm fine. Very fine.

Again, thank you all, you guys are great.
DAMNIT >_<
The cavalery is always too late... hm... ah well I'm glad you're fine...

hey, you're from belguim, we are like, neighbours...!
Old 04-14-2006, 04:14 PM   #36
Iriacynthe

Well, almost.

Maar het is wel leuk om eens geheimzinnig te doen en iets te typen wat 99 % van de mensen hier niet verstaan!
Old 04-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #37
Engulfed_in_darkness

Love is a bitch because it controls your crush into messing with you to believe you haqve something and then crushing it within an hour. That is why love is a bitch.
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:56 AM   #38
Blushing Heliophobe

These thoughts are engulfing me in darkness.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #39
Grandieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
These thoughts are engulfing me in darkness.
use more overused metaphores please, I didnt get enough before.
Grandieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:07 PM   #40
Solumina

oh be nice and leave our blushing beauty alone
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:09 PM   #41
marianne faithfull

Love is pain.
marianne faithfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #42
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandieur
use more overused metaphores please, I didnt get enough before.
I do believe she was pokng fun at this n00b:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...2&postcount=40

Note his User I.D.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:42 PM   #43
Colin Ectomy

HAHAHAHAHAHA you all totally got dumped on. That rules. I laugh!!1111!!!

*oh christ i hate me : / *
Colin Ectomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #44
Magpie_Tendencies

I thought he was alright until this post...
Old 05-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #45
Colin Ectomy

I haven't the slightest clue to what you mean, you crazy bird you.
Colin Ectomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:55 PM   #46
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Ectomy
HAHAHAHAHAHA you all totally got dumped on. That rules. I laugh!!1111!!!

*oh christ i hate me : / *
I was reffering to the fact that this post made no sense what so ever.

Maybe it was a joke? Maybe I misunderstood?

If that's the case then I apologise. Try to keep in mind that tone does not carry well over the internet, thus this post seemed rude, irrelevant and troll-like.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:05 PM   #47
Blushing Heliophobe

Ignore.

*slams gavel*
Old 05-03-2006, 11:13 PM   #48
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Being an asshole, trying to provoke a response, spewing racist bullshit, and creating meaningless threads.

What's the verdict?
The asshole part may have been a bad taste joke that was meant to be srugged off. It doesn't make it less rude but it may have just been a mistake on his part.

The racist bullshit was an attempt to make fun of himself. Like when people say 'You're such a wog' in a rude way, or when people say 'I'm such a wog' in a way meaning they fit the stereotype and find it funny. Again, rude but not uncommon.

The threads he has created are: 1 in the wrong section (though it was a review, thus making it a newb mistake) and 1 that wasn't really needed, even if it was in the right section which is again, a common newb mistake.

I'm just suggesting that just because he made a few newb-ish mistakes, he shouldn't be straight out classified as 'Troll'.

Then again, if he keeps it up, maybe he should be.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:18 PM   #49
Magpie_Tendencies

Which is fair enough, with the recent troll influx.

If he turns out to be a troll then I'll admit that you were right all along and I'll take that previous post back, ok?
Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #50
Blushing Heliophobe

What is going on with it? Why can't they be banned?