Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:54 PM   #101
Bella Sophia

My good news: I've decided that I am an Agnostic!

(for those of you who don't know, I just gave up my Christian beliefs.. what few beliefs I had...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:24 AM   #102
Arashi

I finally started getting serious about belly dancing. Yay.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:45 AM   #103
disorder

I found a nice, intelligent, good looking boy who's actually interested in me! Yay!

Old 06-08-2008, 03:14 AM   #104
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
My good news: I've decided that I am an Agnostic!

(for those of you who don't know, I just gave up my Christian beliefs.. what few beliefs I had...)
Agnosticism is for people who are insecure with their own power to reason the definite existence or non existence of a god.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #105
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
Agnosticism is for people who are insecure with their own power to reason the definite existence or non existence of a god.

No its for people who know we don't know.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:22 AM   #106
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
No its for people who know we don't know.
No, that's humility.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:23 AM   #107
Mir

Yeah, I dislike the certainty religious people/atheists exhibit regarding the existence/inexistence of God.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:25 AM   #108
badteccy

Good News: Hanging out in Philly today with my favorite person, possibly seeing two of my other favorite people, getting waaaaasted and dancing to Phillies best hip-hop DJ's (Diplo!).
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:26 AM   #109
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
No, that's humility.
.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism
Old 06-08-2008, 03:38 AM   #110
bleedingheart344

I just feel that there are certain fields, such as religion, in which certainty is required. Though one could argue that an Agnostic is certain that we can never perceive the idea of a God and the truth of that matter, however, it is still giving up, in a sense. It's limiting your reason. I, for one, believe that reason should be unlimited, as anything can be logically reasoned. Mankind may never know the truth of God, but we can at least make definite decisions based on the evidence we have and reasoning it.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:40 AM   #111
Methadrine

The question is still moot. If there do exist a god... who created him? And who created the thing that created god..?

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:41 AM   #112
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
I just feel that there are certain fields, such as religion, in which certainty is required. Though one could argue that an Agnostic is certain that we can never perceive the idea of a God and the truth of that matter, however, it is still giving up, in a sense. It's limiting your reason. I, for one, believe that reason should be unlimited, as anything can be logically reasoned. Mankind may never know the truth of God, but we can at least make definite decisions based on the evidence we have and reasoning it.

You can't have certainty in things like this. The way I see it is that I don't believe in anything I just lean towards the idea's with more evidence behind them. Its just accepting that human knowledge isn't perfect.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:43 AM   #113
JCC

I am 100% convinced that God is not existing.

However I could still be wrong, and that's what Agnostics try to avoid, being wrong.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:45 AM   #114
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I am 100% convinced that God is not existing.

However I could still be wrong, and that's what Agnostics try to avoid, being wrong.

Saying with certainty that there is no way a god is just as bad as people who are certain one exists.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:47 AM   #115
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
Saying with certainty that there is no way a god is just as bad as people who are certain one exists.
Well, it's not, since to say "There is no God because there is no evidence for the existence of such a God" is better than saying "There is THIS God because despite there being no evidence and thousands upon thousands of other possible deities and there being no reason why this should be the correct one, I believe in it, so it's there."

However it is still a leap of faith in the same as way as religion is.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:49 AM   #116
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Well, it's not, since to say "There is no God because there is no evidence for the existence of such a God" is better than saying "There is THIS God because despite there being no evidence and thousands upon thousands of other possible deities and there being no reason why this should be the correct one, I believe in it, so it's there."

However it is still a leap of faith in the same as way as religion is.
Yep, exactly.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:18 AM   #117
Moni-que

This thread is so not goth.

Where is the thread where we can post about our doom and gloom? haha

and always to the religious discussions, you goths.
Moni-que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:30 AM   #118
Mir

As far as I'm concerned (whatever mood I may be in), I'm convinced that the traditional God (Christian/Muslim/Judaic) does not exist. If I'm wrong, then fuck him anyway.

But I'm not so sure about the idea of an absence of a higher consciousness if you will. Some days, I strive to find this higher level of consciousness, much like Buddhists and the like. On other days, I'm your typical Existentialist. The two lines of thought are to me, not mutually exclusive. I'm sure plenty will disagree.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:54 AM   #119
Chazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Good News: Hanging out in Philly today with my favorite person, possibly seeing two of my other favorite people, getting waaaaasted and dancing to Phillies best hip-hop DJ's (Diplo!).
Cya Fresh Prince.

Have fun before you move to Belaire.
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:34 AM   #120
Corpsey

To Disorder: Fuckin' yay. Good on ya, mate. Hope he doesn't turn out to be half-hearted or a dweeb.

Hope you had fun Bad Teccy.

About God: Tell me how a being with no resporatory sytem developed into one which had one. Same goes on about the circulatory system.

About good times: My show opens tomorrow night! I'm feeling happy and estatic but at the same time nervous as hell. Nevertheless, HAPPY!

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:47 AM   #121
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
To Disorder: Fuckin' yay. Good on ya, mate. Hope he doesn't turn out to be half-hearted or a dweeb.

Hope you had fun Bad Teccy.

About God: Tell me how a being with no resporatory sytem developed into one which had one. Same goes on about the circulatory system.

About good times: My show opens tomorrow night! I'm feeling happy and estatic but at the same time nervous as hell. Nevertheless, HAPPY!

That would be a valid argument if evolution had anything to do with disproving a god.
Are you a ID?
Old 06-09-2008, 03:43 AM   #122
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder
I found a nice, intelligent, good looking boy who's actually interested in me! Yay!

OK, SPILL girl! What is his name? What does he look like? How do you know he is interested in you, did he whisper sweet nothings, buy you flowers, what? What?
Dying to know! What color is is hair, are his eyes? Has he kissed you yet? Held hands? I know you two probably at least hugged ('cause you girl are a well known hugger!).

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:31 AM   #123
L'Oiseau Noir

Today, I'm finally going to start my Silent Hill webmanga, once I've returned home from school. I got a bunch of lovely new stencils of all shapes and line-types, as well as a fresh pack of mechanical pencils, and a new kneaded eraser. And I've got a beautiful little vector program called Inkscape, and an equally beautiful photo manipulation program, GIMP, to help me make it look as awesome as possible.

Now I just need to cease my laziness and download Daemon Tools, so I can procure a "free" copy of Manga Studio. It'd make things uber easier for me.

On another note, the oppressive heat plaguing New Jersey is supposed to dip into the eighties this coming Wednesday. Too bad I have to tough it out a few more days (it's going to be a high of 99 today), though it'll be worth the wait, as a little relief is better than none at all. I just hope it'll rain soon, too.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #124
KontanKarite

Good News: I've lost some weight and gained an appreciation for the outdoors. Not that I needed to lose weight, but dropping from a 32 waist to a 31 waist and putting on muscle to boot doesn't hurt.

Badish kinda news: Had to come back early from the trail due to some responsibilities that needs to be addressed.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #125
korinna5555

I have a 31 inch waist, believe it or not..

Um.. my good news is Justin might be coming up here for vacation!