Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:18 AM   #1
Outside_Existance

wierd things you have with makeup

im currious on what wierd things people have done with makeup

im interreted in stories, funny, cool, scary, whatever.
Outside_Existance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:32 AM   #2
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
I have done pretty much anything with make-up.

The best story is probably good only becuase it was in a private school with a uniform and all that.

The director had problems with my looks so I decided to make life easier for him. I came to school with purple tights, mini skirt and all that and........the make up, that did it.
I made my eyes all red on the rims and then darker and also drew these stereotypical "tears" that goths in films like to do.

He was so shocked that he never said anything about my usual "attire" after that...well, after the 3 week detention.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #3
Outside_Existance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Look Behind You
I have done pretty much anything with make-up.

The best story is probably good only becuase it was in a private school with a uniform and all that.

The director had problems with my looks so I decided to make life easier for him. I came to school with purple tights, mini skirt and all that and........the make up, that did it.
I made my eyes all red on the rims and then darker and also drew these stereotypical "tears" that goths in films like to do.

He was so shocked that he never said anything about my usual "attire" after that...well, after the 3 week detention.
thats awesome, i should try that lol
Old 08-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
insertwittyname

yes you should! men are hot in skirts and i've been dying to see you in one for ages. without the jeans underneath!
Old 08-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #5
Outside_Existance

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
yes you should! men are hot in skirts and i've been dying to see you in one for ages. without the jeans underneath!

that requires "persuasion" of course ^.~ (spelling, i know)
Old 08-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
Minyaliel

rofl at DLBY's story ;D

Strangest thing I've done with my make- up is probably the things I do when going to town to play instant performance theatre (that is, you just randomly go to a place and start acting, of course without announcing that's what you're doing so that most people think you're some kind of freak lol). Because of some problems we've had in my country lately with homeless, drugs and prostitution I decided I'd state my opinions on the matter... I think that's the only time I've actually dressed and done my make- up so that I looked like a whore afterward. But people's reactions to the drugged, obviously crazy lady on the corner were memorable, to say the least *grin*. Probably one of my better performances. Acting is fun - and yes, I'm aware of that you'll all think I'm weird after reading this :P
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #7
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
rofl at DLBY's story ;D

Strangest thing I've done with my make- up is probably the things I do when going to town to play instant performance theatre (that is, you just randomly go to a place and start acting, of course without announcing that's what you're doing so that most people think you're some kind of freak lol). Because of some problems we've had in my country lately with homeless, drugs and prostitution I decided I'd state my opinions on the matter... I think that's the only time I've actually dressed and done my make- up so that I looked like a whore afterward. But people's reactions to the drugged, obviously crazy lady on the corner were memorable, to say the least *grin*. Probably one of my better performances. Acting is fun - and yes, I'm aware of that you'll all think I'm weird after reading this :P
Nope, instead I think you are one of the coolest peoples ever. How'd they react?
Old 08-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #8
Outside_Existance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
rofl at DLBY's story ;D

how come we dont have prostitutes? -.-
Old 08-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #9
insertwittyname

as in you don't have prostitutes? becuase your girlfriend will be very mad at you and wish to never speak or talk to you again after the intial rant. and you'd get STD's.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:32 PM   #10
Outside_Existance

good point.... so... how much YOU charging? ^.^
Old 08-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #11
insertwittyname

I'm charging a wedding ring, housing, and 18 years at least before the initial act. After, I'm charing 2 kids at least, at age 28 while with a two-story house and both of us holding steady jobs and college degrees. Handcuffs, whips, and chains are a must.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #12
Outside_Existance

someone overprices...... T.T
Old 08-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #13
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
Nope, instead I think you are one of the coolest peoples ever. How'd they react?
Hihi... thank you *grins*

Well, the more moral people refused to even look at me, some threatened to call the police, but never did (I think). Others seemed very interested, one even asking what I was charging for umm... well, some very kinky things; Parents with kids suddenly changed course as they spotted me, making sure that their offspring shouldn't get too many glimpses of the scene (I don't blame them), and then there was this gang of male teenagers who couldn't take their eyes off my cleavage (roflmao!) and my general physique. Probably the first time someone's ever come close to drooling on my decoletté... Yes, I was very provoking, and seriously, I'd never do such a thing in public as "myself" opposed to just playing a character. In the end, a guard came and asked me to leave. Of course I made a big melodramatic scene out of it, so that people passing by should notice what was going on. Anyway, after a little more howling I went off, in a typical zig- zag "drunk style" looking for the nearest public toilet so that I could wash off the make- up which, by that time, had become quite cakey and sweaty. You have no idea how happy I was to go out in my normal black clothes afterward - I was surprised to see that when I walked past the teens I'd encountered earlier, they didn't recognize me. (A fact I do not regret).

Anyway, aren't we going just a little off- topic..?
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:20 PM   #14
PersephoneX

ha ha ha...we dont have anything quite as interesting here...

at band practice, the guys play shirtless...and our drummer had a tad bit of a heavy night, the previous night...so while he was dozing off, between sets, we hit him with a permanent marker...sadly for him, he stays with his mom and she had to help him wash the enormous dong off his back...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:25 AM   #15
cradle

Hahahahaha
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:00 PM   #16
She_Is_My_Sin

Hmm all the weird stuff I've done with make-up has been for parties & such. I did myself up as a ghost/witch thing for a fancy dress. It took ages to cake my face, neck, chest & back in white face paint & cover it all with white powder. Then I had to draw eyebrows on & use liquid eyeliner to fill them in. The worst was the eye decoration because I had to draw tricky little veins coming off my eyes (if anything went wrong I'd have to take most of it off & re-apply) luckily I'd practised so it was fine.
Needless to say I felt a bit over done when I got to the party.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:15 PM   #17
PersephoneX

i hate it when that happens...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 08-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #18
Jupetta

I've only recently started wearing eyeliner so there isn't really much to come from me... except that the first time that I had worn it it had freaked out all of the Preps in my classes and my Choir Teacher had called me... "daring". :P
Jupetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #19
BlackButterfly

I have always theorized on this technique for eye makeup, but that is the first time I have ever seen it done. At a distance, the effect is incredible!

Her face structure is wider than mine, though--I would have to do eye shape modifications to suit my own face (and characters).
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:39 PM   #20
rawrwithcows

Woah, I really like that.. From a distance, it really does look really cool :O
rawrwithcows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #21
LaBelleDameSansMerci

When I was a young, angsty grade 10 who didn't know any better, I would always draw 3 vertical lines going down to about level with the bottom of my nose.

Occasionally now, when I'm bored or when I feel like it, I do three somewhat-diagonal lines with dots at the end. Prolly about half as long as my grade 10 lines, and with liquid eye-liner. Makes me look more like some sort of weird, depressed harlequin-doll, but with out the white face.

Another thing I've thought of would be to turn my eye into a fish by putting a tail on the outer corner, and fins on the bottom and top, but I haven't done that.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #22
Paigeybobert

I like to get my eyeliner and draw on unibrows and moustaches.
I never use make up for its main purpose.
Paigeybobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #23
PersephoneX

i just use coal for my eyes and white powder for my face.
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 01-17-2007, 09:37 PM   #24
thedoll

i love doing candy cane lips, with liquid eyeliner so it doesnt come off, its a great effect!

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #25
Haunted House

Once in the middle of art class I put SexGang style war-paint on my face with conte crayon. My teacher wasn't too thrilled.