Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #2001
Saya

I've developed a few other flu symptoms, dad took me to the store today so I could get medicine and he's convinced I have the swine flu -_-* I'm going to wait a day or two though and see if it doesn't get better before I go to the clinic.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #2002
DRM

I forgot to show my father my report card and now he's all bitchy about it.
-.-
I bet I'm going to get yelled at for like fucking ever over it too.
Damnnnnnn!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #2003
Saya

How'd you do on the report card?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #2004
DRM

Eh so-so.
I have a couple bad grades from not doing homework, so he'll most likely get really upset about those.
But I've already started to raise those, which is good.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #2005
Geoluhread

I hope you get better, Saya =)
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #2006
korinna5555

I'm wondering how many more times I'm going to have to tell the dude at the bank I'm not interested in a credit card..
Old 10-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #2007
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
You lucky bastard. You lucky, lucky bastard. I work weekends...
So do I. I work Sunday - Thursday at the hospital and then rotating back-to-back shifts at my night job, so I don't get weekends or Holidays off. (I work for doctors. The theory is, if they don't sleep, we don't sleep). Don't remember when the last time was that I had an actual day off. Oh, right, got the flu last week. Yep. Had a day off. Sorry, my mistake. Happens so rarely I forget sometimes. (I know. We're in a bad economy and I should be grateful I'm employed, but it would be sooo nice to get an occasional day off. Oh well. Not going to happen in my lifetime. Got to get back to work).
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #2008
SweetJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I've developed a few other flu symptoms, dad took me to the store today so I could get medicine and he's convinced I have the swine flu -_-* I'm going to wait a day or two though and see if it doesn't get better before I go to the clinic.
Swine Flu usualy has more cold symptoms than flu symptoms, so you might just be stuck with the regular unpleasant flu

Feel better soon, comrade.

Korinna, I know what you mean. They always send credit card offers to me with $5,000 limits, and I just laugh, because I could barely handle a $50 limit right now.

Jaye, you aren't getting paid what they get paid, you deserve sleep! Sorry you have a schedule like that. I hope you get to have fun soon.

One of my friends is getting bitched at intensely by her parents so it'll probably be another hour before she comes to pick me up... and I've already been waiting an hour from when she said she was coming to get me.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #2009
Solumina

So after looking up my symptoms online (I know not the best source but I don't have insurance so I really don't want to have to go to the doctor) I found out that just about anything that it could be would result in a prescription for antibiotics, I just so happen to have a one week course of antibiotics (I got sick, went home, forgot my meds, and got new meds from my doc back home) so I started on them a few hours ago. Hopefully they will work and I'll feel better cuz I don't want to miss scaryoke tomorrow and I really don't want to be sick for my party on Thursday.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #2010
AsylumVoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
I'm wondering how many more times I'm going to have to tell the dude at the bank I'm not interested in a credit card..
They're bastards who don't listen. Expect this for the rest of your life.
AsylumVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #2011
the-nihilist

Hey, I was wondering if you two were interested in a credit card?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #2012
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Hopefully they will work and I'll feel better cuz I don't want to miss scaryoke tomorrow and I really don't want to be sick for my party on Thursday.
I have an idea. Go to work sick, THEN dare those bastards to touch you!!!

LOL!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #2013
AsylumVoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
Hey, I was wondering if you two were interested in a credit card?
Hell yes! That way you don't need to move a muscle to sodomise me for the rest of my life.
AsylumVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #2014
Solumina

So two new symptoms came up today, cold chills and a temperature. This is starting to look like swine flu, oh joy. I'm so kicking my roommate's ass.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-26-2009, 08:57 PM   #2015
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
So two new symptoms came up today, cold chills and a temperature. This is starting to look like swine flu, oh joy. I'm so kicking my roommate's ass.
Same here. I got Benylin for my cough but now I'm running a fever, cold chills, no appetite, have to go to the bathroom a lot. I'm hoping tomorrow at least I'll be well enough to run to the store to get yarn so I can get some knitting done, I'm bored already of being cooped up.

I just hope my roommate doesn't catch it, being in nursing and all. She can't get her vaccination for another week or so.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #2016
Solumina

So far I have what I am calling my "Zone of Sickness" everything out side of this zone I have been sanitizing if I touch it and I have shown my roommates exactly where this zone is, hopefully this will keep them from getting sick.

I seem to be doing better, I don't know if it is the antibiotics, the Advil (which brings down fever), or the ice cream that Jake got me. I'm still sore and getting slight chills but I am noticeably better.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #2017
the-nihilist

I can't remember the last time I got sick. The worst I've had is allergies.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #2018
Solumina

I don't really get sick much, other than this little bit of crap I just get sinus infections, which i guess counts as sick but they aren't contagious and don't really hinder my ability to function, they just make my head hurt.

I'm feeling even better than I did at my last post and the Advil should be worn off now so it looks like I am actually starting to recover.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-27-2009, 05:56 AM   #2019
Stormtrooper of Death

Fucking Vehicles!!

Today is another part in the ongoing saga of fixing my truck. So I ahve put a new gas tank in, a new water pump and just last week had a new radiator installed.

Turns out the guy who put in the radiator didn't seal the transmission cooling lines correctly and they've been leaking for 2 days now. So now I have to take the truck back to him so he can seal it PROPERLY this time.

My rant isn't against the mechanic, he's always done really good work in the past, it's about my truck. I can understand having to do a few repairs and new parts to a vehicle that's been sitting for a year, but this is ridiculous. I can't afford to keep handing out money to something that decides, "Now this is leaking, or now this is broken."

I swear, I'll shoot that damn thing if this happens again.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:03 AM   #2020
Methadrine

Buy a second-hand Mercedes Benz SLK... usually runs like clockwork. *whistles innocently*

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:09 AM   #2021
Stormtrooper of Death

Like I could have that much money. Plus I wanted a truck with four wheel drive, we usually get a lot of snow up here. And I love my V-8's. A 302 Ford V-8 is hard to kill.

Chevy 350 is WAY better though.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:14 AM   #2022
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
Swine Flu usualy has more cold symptoms than flu symptoms, so you might just be stuck with the regular unpleasant flu
No. It is coughs, diarrhea, fever, no energy... No cold or running nose. If you have any cold symptoms other than those, rest assured that you don`t have Swine Flu..

My cousins got it and they had no cold non what so ever and it is not of its symptoms
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:09 AM   #2023
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death View Post
Today is another part in the ongoing saga of fixing my truck. So I ahve put a new gas tank in, a new water pump and just last week had a new radiator installed.

Turns out the guy who put in the radiator didn't seal the transmission cooling lines correctly and they've been leaking for 2 days now. So now I have to take the truck back to him so he can seal it PROPERLY this time.

My rant isn't against the mechanic, he's always done really good work in the past, it's about my truck. I can understand having to do a few repairs and new parts to a vehicle that's been sitting for a year, but this is ridiculous. I can't afford to keep handing out money to something that decides, "Now this is leaking, or now this is broken."

I swear, I'll shoot that damn thing if this happens again.
You're the moron who bought it in the first place.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #2024
Ben Lahnger

H1N1 (Swine Flu) symptoms and FAQ from WebMD

Home Remedies for Fast Flu Relief from WebMD

Preventing the spread of the H1N1 flu virus from WebMD

The CDC recommends taking these steps:

* Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, especially after coughing or sneezing. Scrub for at least 20 seconds and rinse thoroughly.
* If soap and water are not available, wash your hands with an alcohol-based hand gel. Rub your hands together until the alcohol dries completely.
* Avoid close contact -- that is, being within 6 feet -- with people who have flu-like symptoms.
* Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes. That's not easy to do, so keep those hands clean.
* If you have flu-like symptoms -- fever plus at least cough or sore throat or other flu symptoms -- stay home for seven days after symptoms begin or until you've been symptom-free for 24 hours -- whichever is longer.
* Wear a face mask (consider using an N95 respirator) if you must come into close contact with a sick person. "Close contact" means within 6 feet. Note: There is no definitive proof that a face mask prevents flu transmission. Do not rely solely on a face mask to prevent infection.
* Wear an N95 respirator if helping a sick person with a nebulizer, inhaler, or other respiratory treatment. Note: There is no definitive proof that a respirator prevents flu transmission. Do not rely solely on a respirator to prevent infection.
* People who have or are suspected of having swine flu should wear a face mask, if available and tolerable, when sharing common spaces with other household members, when outside the home, or when near children or infants.
* Breastfeeding mothers with swine flu symptoms should express their breast milk, and the child should be fed by someone else.

If you have flu symptoms, stay home, and when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. Afterward, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. That will help prevent your flu from spreading. If you can do it comfortably, wear a surgical mask if you must be around others.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #2025
vindicatedxjin

For some strange reason I've broken out in a rash all over my chest and shoulders...its not very bad but it's kinda itchy... I have no idea what caused it because the only thing that i'm aware of being allergic from is almonds and red dye. And I've ate neither! BAH!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote