Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
Godslayer Jillian

Ideas with studs

So, I have 270 pyramid studs just waiting to be used, only I don't know in what.
I still want to put more studs on my jacket, but my jacket has another kind of studs and I want to keep using those.
I also have a new biker's jacket which has to be completely overwhelmed with accessories, but I won't use it until about October, so I don't care about that one right now.
I'd like to see a pair of pants with a lot of studs, but I can't think of a pattern that would look good. Anyone have any ideas on this?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
emeraldlonewoulf

well, down the outside side seams has been popular in the past. Maybe you could shred sections of the pants, and then apply a patch underneath the shredded parts, and attach the studs to the patch, but not the pant threads, so it looks like the studs are poking through the ripped material? You could do a contrasting color for the patch, for a little more depth or texture to the design.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
DeathToLems

Hmmm. I've had studs for ages now and I've never really had an idea what to do with them either. I'm hoping one day I'll get this "OH I KNOW!!" wave come over me and I'll make something of them.

Hows about a Celtic cross on the back of the jacket?
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
KontanKarite

Dude, put the stud around the part of the waist were the belt goes. If not, I'd go for a kind of simple shape. Think armband, but put the studs around the thigh, but thick like an armband.

OR, get a denim jacket, rit dye it purple, cut the sleeves off, and cover the collar with the studs. Then get some zebra fake fur and cover one of the lapels of your purple denim vest.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
KontanKarite

Actually, yeah... I might just do it myself. sry.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #6
Maldarion_Haliax

I'm in the same boat,I have a ton of studs and nothing to do with them,I tried covering a pair of pants with them,but I had some trouble at an airport the next day(they kept searching me for metal) and the rest of my pants were packed away so yeah be careful.
Maldarion_Haliax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
Breathless Horror

Kontan, if you don't post pictures of that when you do it, I think I might have to cry. That sounds amazing.

As for Jillian's studs, you could add them to straps on boots? Or perhaps the boot itself?

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:48 PM   #8
badteccy

Make happy flower designs!!!!

No, don't do that.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
KontanKarite

I would just like to say that my jean jacket is coming along nicely. Plenty of zebra fur and it's "comic book" black. A fusion of gray and midnight blue.

It needs the studs in the worst way and the back is perfect for a back patch, which I will be donning. Possibly Virgin Prunes or Christian Death with small patches of Lords Of The New Church and The Damned.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #10
Godslayer Jillian

Do the Virgin Prunes! The others hold no candle to the Virgin Prunes' artistic talent.
As for me I still don't know what I'm doing with my studs - I'm thinking of ideas with emerald's advice of putting the studs protruding from the inside - but I'm sewing an Emma Goldman patch into my blackest pair. And that's just fucking awesome.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:47 AM   #11
vampireboy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
So, I have 270 pyramid studs just waiting to be used, only I don't know in what.
I still want to put more studs on my jacket, but my jacket has another kind of studs and I want to keep using those.
I also have a new biker's jacket which has to be completely overwhelmed with accessories, but I won't use it until about October, so I don't care about that one right now.
I'd like to see a pair of pants with a lot of studs, but I can't think of a pattern that would look good. Anyone have any ideas on this?
a friend's brother has almost something similar try buy a pair of camo pants with alots of pockets and buy spike studs and put them on the pockets and i will look great i think iam gonna do that as soon as i get more money...
vampireboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:06 AM   #12
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireboy
a friend's brother has almost something similar try buy a pair of camo pants with alots of pockets and buy spike studs and put them on the pockets and i will look great i think iam gonna do that as soon as i get more money...
PUNCTUATION

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #13
Graveyard.Crow

stick them into your eye
that's really hot
Old 05-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #14
ThreeEyesOni

Hmmm...

Spiral them around a pair of pants? As in, opposite spiraling rotations around each leg. Probably overly complicated, but it could look nifty.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:25 AM   #15
Jezabeth

oo. studs. Oh so fascinating. They can be used for almost anything. Deck out a hoody, pants, old belt, shirts, even shoes. And if you have the artistic skill you could even make a necklace or bracelet using the studs.
Jezabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #16
acrossthedam

A good friend of mine has this thing for ribbons in her hair. Braiding them or weaving them in all colors. She put studs on the bottom of each ribbon so that they were weighted down and had a nice 'clink' to them as she walked.

I always put studs on my school girl skirts, as I see it; everyone needs a nice one, for what you please ;0, and a trashy one decked out in studs and fishnet.

hope I was of any help
acrossthedam is offline   Reply With Quote