Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #26
Saya

I had no credit when I moved out and got an apartment. Mind you I'm not in the greatest part of town but could be a lot worse. You might need references but really this can be anyone that will say "Yes, Ms. So-and-so is not a crazy bitch and she uses the toilet like a sane person". Really depends on how picky the place you are going to is, a lot of house owners don't run credit but yeah require a deposit.

I don't think you need credit to get utilities set up either, as that is usually the first bill you will pay. But I'm in Canada, don't know how it is there.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #27
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Protip: Your parents are right about what they say despite how shitty they're being about it. Sure, don't give a damn about what your folks think. I don't either. But your boss, your employer... yeah, they're going to take issue with your black hair and your derma-punches.
QFT.

I'm all for self-expression, but the harsh reality is that people do judge you based on your appearance and you close a lot of doors for yourself by engaging in a lot of body modification.

I wouldn't be able to be where I am today if I was as tattooed and pierced as you are. I was pushing things as it was with my long hair, which I begrudgingly cut recently and seem to get a better reception for.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #28
the-nihilist

Yeah, no one wants to hire someone who looks like they got hit in the face with a tackle box.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #29
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromance View Post
Yeah, I just don't want to have to make a really long commute to work. Like if I were to work at the mall I'd have to get on the 45 for about 40 minutes, and then take it to the Metrolink station, and get on the 34. The 34 gets to the mall faily quickly however it takes an hour to get back to the station riding it.

I'm not even sure the 34 runs anymore though. There was a vote, raise taxes and keep all buses running outside of I-270, or not raise taxes, and just cut those buses. I leave it to guess which the people chose.
It's a pain in the ass, but surely it's worth it to have some independence. Why don't you try at least getting a part-time job, so that you don't exhaust yourself by working long days and making the commute every day? It won't change things overnight, but it'll allow you to put some cash by and speed up the process of getting your own digs.

Quote:
but is it not mental abuse when whenever you go in the room your parents look at eachother and shake their heads or roll their eyes or make comments like "you look like you're going to a halloween party"?
Uhh....... no. That's not mental abuse - just plain ol' assholery.

Quote:
Does anyone have any tips on living on your own? The prospect is kinda scary. Paying bills, rent, and what not.
The most important thing is to budget - work out what you'll need each week for groceries, travel fares, and don't forget to put some cash by for bills each month if you pay them quarterly. If you can't count on your parents to help you out (which is pretty fair at 22, to be honest), then DO NOT break your budget or you will get yourself in trouble. Sharing a place is good when you first move out, as it helps to keep the bills down, provided you're living with people you can rely on to pay their own way. Paying bills is easy - it tells you how on the back. As for rent, that's something to work out with the property owner.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #30
KontanKarite

Oh and another thing.

Don't try to apply for a place to live, looking like you want to the 9s. A property owner is more apt to approving an application to a prep than he is to a spooky kid. Them's the breaks.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #31
voodoowitchdr

If you aren't wrapped up in material things, you could always pawn some stuff and buy a tent and camping gear (I live in a rural wooded area so this might not help you). I suppose your real issue is pride; be yourself and homeless, or submit and be comfortable. Pride might not be the word I'm looking for so don't take it in a negative way, perhaps honor would work better. I think it would be better to be homeless and honorable. Once you begin to separate from material things you should feel stronger as a person and realize potentials that you may have not noticed yet.
voodoowitchdr is offline   Reply With Quote