Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Geoluhread

Why do people ... ?

Get pissed off when you have a fight with them, then you bring up a part of a conversation you had before with them shows them 100% guilty of doing (saying) something contradictory to what the fight is about (sometimes even you are having the fight for the second time and the conversation part was a solution for the first fight)?

They will consider it "using my words against me"
But you said it, take responsibility for it!!

And mind you, it's not bringing up that part of the conversation in the wrong place, like the press does. No, it's of the exact same situation!

URRGGHH!!
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
DDX

Some people have a problem of admitting that they're wrong.
DDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
theact

Well Dale Carnegie said something along the line of 'you will never convince a person to change their opinion in public' which goes doubly when they are feeling strongly about something.
Also some people do change their minds in light of new information. Or find it easy to forget that they were convinced of something that they didn't really want to believe the first time round and then revert back to their original stance.
Dale Carnegie also said (something like) there are no winners in arguments about personal views, as proving someone wrong only makes them lose, and thus dislike you for it, which isn't usually a victory. Think about how many people you liked for proving something you wanted to believe or felt passionately about was wrong?
theact is offline   Reply With Quote