Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #4076
Ben Lahnger

Alan, WTF? Why are YOU of all people still responding to him?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #4077
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
When every night we go out is a gamble to stay alive, I believe we're perfectly entitled to be as shallow as we want to.
Don't be jealous just because I have a social circle.

Agreeeeeeeeeeee!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #4078
Alan

It was such a casual thing I forgot we're ignoring him completely.
The point is I'm banned from that club and we're not sure what to do about it.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #4079
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
It was such a casual thing I forgot we're ignoring him completely.
The point is I'm banned from that club and we're not sure what to do about it.

Do they card?

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #4080
Alan

I'm 21. ......
real classy
Old 07-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #4081
honeythorn

Were you in the club when banned ( at the bar for example) or at the doors?

If you were at the doors you might have a slightly better chance of going in again if they rotate the guys who work the door ( assuming there are any?) Just go on a different night or when you know a different guy is on, get others to find out first.

If you were banned by bar staff who tend to be pretty regular, or the manager then yeah, you're probably fucked for a bit.

Leave it a while, possibly get a new hairdo if you're really desparate and don't want to be recognised immediately , and go back there in a few months. If you're lucky they'll have forgotten you and whatever the incident was. Well unless it was something really stupendous....
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #4082
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
I'm 21. ......
What I meant is how are they going to be checking if it's you?

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #4083
Alan

OH ok. Well, yeah, they are assholes regarding I.D.s but even without it I'm pretty recognizable.
real classy
Old 07-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #4084
vindicatedxjin

Wear a mask...or face paint... do something weird to your hair...

I'm sure you could get away with something...

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #4085
Saya

How'd you get banned anyway?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #4086
Ben Lahnger

That IS the question of the day.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 07-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #4087
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
That IS the question of the day.
Agreed... tooshort

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #4088
Alan

I was just getting underage people inside. They would have entered anyway; but they just caught me.
real classy
Old 07-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #4089
Ben Lahnger

Oh, and I got my stuff packed and my apartment in order, ready to leave on vacation in the morning, and I got a note on my door saying my apartment is going to be inspected ... while I'm gone on vacation.

I hate that.

And they've changed towing companies, and the new company has a bunch of new reasons why they will tow your car ... like if it's leaking a fluid or if the inspection sticker is out of date.

And that royally pisses me off, because the day after I get back from vacation, my inspection sticker expires. In fact, I'm landing just before midnight, so by the time I get home the car could technically get towed. I wasn't going to have to money to renew the inspection until about the 10th and figured it wasn't a big deal because I don't need to drive it anywhere. But now these jerks will have an excuse to tow it and pry a couple hundred dollars out of me to get it back!

FUCKERS!

I will probably pay rent on the 10th instead and take care of the car first ... because those penalties would be cheaper than getting my car towed.

I'm going to try calling my property manager in the morning while I'm rushing around to leave, but don't know what good that will do.

MONEY GRUBBING ASSHOLES!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 07-24-2010, 02:00 AM   #4090
Still Jack

Ben, take the rims off the car and put it on bricks. It's not the best for the car, but it makes it impossible to tow.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:14 AM   #4091
honeythorn

Quote:
I was just getting underage people inside. They would have entered anyway; but they just caught me.
Ah, change your hair a bit go back in a few months they'll have forgotten all about it.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #4092
Saya

I want to rip my uterus out and throw it out the window. It hurts!
Old 07-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #4093
honeythorn

Mine doesn't and I still want to rip mine out and lob it out of the window. I don't want or need it.

But I also have never really suffered with cramps more painful than the odd twinge or two . So you can have mine if you like Saya
Old 07-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #4094
Pineapple_Juice

Rant: it's been a month and I still don't have my room set up from the move.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #4095
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I want to rip my uterus out and throw it out the window. It hurts!
*hug* i hear ya
Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #4096
Saya

Now, I technically had a choice,but I had to miss the Pride Parade and drag races for work I needed the hours but now I'm a sad panda.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #4097
Hearts_Purple

I don't get to go to the Pride Parade because my husband is a homophobe. :/
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:33 AM   #4098
Solumina

Well yesterday I finally got to sit down and talk to my roommate about how I wouldn't be comfortable with his girlfriend moving in (a conversation I have been trying to have since Sunday, and they threw the situation on us Saturday, but Spencer has kind of been avoiding me) and after initially feeling like a bad person for having to tell him and then tell her (because he couldn't man up and do it himself) that I just couldn't have her move in and all of the reasons why I now just feel angry and hurt.

See now that we won’t let her live here Spencer is going to move out (he will continue to pay rent until we find a replacement) and the two of them are going to get a place. I could see him wanting to do that because he is upset with us (it wasn't just me but I talked to them first as Jake was in a meeting and I wasn't going to let this conversation get postponed again), that isn't the case, he is moving in with her because she won’t move in with "people she doesn't know”. I tried throwing out ideas, my friend Em has a room for rent that is quite affordable, but Jess didn't even want to talk to her (even though she has met her a few times and they got along rather well), I told them that Joanna, who is good friends with Spencer from doing her student teaching in a classroom right down the hall from Spencer's class and who now works with me, had managed to get a teaching job very close by and that she was looking for a roommate, but no, Jess didn't want to live with her, no more explanation was given. That started to paint a pretty clear picture, especially when I said that I'm just trying to throw out some ideas because I know Jess is in a tight spot (she "can't afford" to live on campus anymore and about a week ago put in paper work to get out of her contract but she doesn't have anything lined up, mostly because she didn't consider the fact that we may say no) and I asked what can I do to try and help. He said "If you guys really want to help you can just let me go."

Yeah that ain't gonna happen, we can't afford to do that plus you signed a fucking contract, that may not mean much to the two of you but that means something to me and Jake, I'll be damned if I'm not going to hold you to it until something gets worked out.

Even if we did let him out where the fuck are they going to go? She will find out in a week if her request to be let out of her housing contract with CNU is approved (no clue if Spencer would still want to move out if that gets denied, but if we get someone lined up I think it would be best) and then she has 48 hours to be out (not sure if she actually knows this as she hasn’t even packed anything but she may just be figuring that her roommates will pretend it is theirs until it is all out). They haven't looked anywhere and they are going to be hard pressed to find something available this time of year. Not to mention that, to be perfectly honest, her credit score was one of the reasons why Jake and I didn't feel comfortable with her moving in, if it worried us you can bet that it will worry most leasing agents, coupled with the fact that he is leaving a lease 10 months early they don't make the most desirable tenants. Over the summer she can live with her mom (too far from campus for a commute to work but still in the general area) but what will Spencer do if we find someone before they find a place? Anybody that we line up will surely have a time they need to move by so we can't just let Spencer stay here if it would prevent someone else from being able to live here.

I guess they thought that springing it on us after she had already put in the paper work and with her sitting right there would force our hand, and we did initially said “I guess so” but that mean we would consider it, I’m not going to add someone to my lease without having a very long conversation with them, and changed less than 24 hours later to a very firm no. But now they are trying to make us feel like we are the ones who have somehow put her in a worse situation than she was in. We even asked them what has changed in three days that her situation is worse now. They were very confused by this so we clarified if we had said no as soon as they asked what they had planned to do. Spencer switched the topic pretty damn fast. Gah I just hate that they are acting like spoiled children about this. We didn't give them exactly what they want so now everyone is in a bad spot. They aren't even willing to consider anything other than living together and they have been dating for less than a year (yet another reason we weren't comfortable with her as a roommate, especially since this is a two bedroom with no space that could be converted) and they are both pissed that once Jake and I were given a chance to think about it we both realized it would be a massive mistake to let her move in.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #4099
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearts_Purple View Post
I don't get to go to the Pride Parade because my husband is a homophobe. :/
Why not just go anyways?

He'll come to accept it eventually.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #4100
Alan

Professor - "So where do you think OPEC started investing after they began to withdraw money from the United States?"
Student - "ummm... terrorist organizations?"

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, I hate people.
real classy