Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
Onyx Rose

Okay, So You're a Hard Act to Follow

But This is me.
Of course, I'm one of the dark roses in the Rose Garden (Portland, Oregon).
I'm mainly looking for those who live in the Greater Portland area, but if you're from somewhere else and want contact, I'm curious enough to be at least a little interested. But I won't prove myself to you.
Most of my posts will be by Android, so if my posts have misspellings, it's because my phone won't support "edit" and I didn't catch the mistake in time.
I'm into the arts, the occult, and bellydancing events, especially gothic bellydance.
That's it for now until I can think of something else to post.
Onyx Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 AM   #2
Isaloween

Hello Onyx Rose...

The occult... I like that... "I won't prove myself to you" I like that too.

Welcome.
Isaloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
Apathy's_Child

All the people bitching about registration being closed must be feeling like the bastard child of Willy Loman & Colonel Kurtz right now.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
OnyxBat

Apathy- yes I am

OH MY FLIPPIN GOD SHE HAS BEEN STALKING THE SITE! and she took my first name! what do you have to prove! HUH! WHAT DO YOU!
"GRRRRRRRRRRR"
Old 10-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
Onyx Rose

To OnyxBat

Are you serious?
Old 10-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
OnyxBat

no, just fucking around with you but still...strange...
Welcome to GNet.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #7
Onyx Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBat View Post
no, just fucking around with you but still...strange...
Welcome to GNet.
Thanks. Love you too....Actually, it's my professional diviner's name.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
OnyxBat

whoa, you love me already....I wonder why.....
Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #9
ssj_goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Rose View Post
Thanks. Love you too....Actually, it's my professional diviner's name.
Can u see auras?
ssj_goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
Onyx Rose

Auras?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_goku View Post
Can u see auras?
You mean that blur that's a half-inch thick off the surface of the body? And the more transparent blur that extends another foot or so away from it? And that little tornado that spins on top of the head sometimes?
Well, not as good as I ought to. I need to practice more. Every once in a while I can see it, and it's even rarer that I can see any tint in color. I know people who can see auras much better than I do.
I don't normaly watch auras when I do readings, but I do "sense" them around a person better than I can see them anyway.
Not all diviners read the aura, although it would probably help.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #11
Onyx Rose

To Isaloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaloween View Post
Hello Onyx Rose...

The occult... I like that... "I won't prove myself to you" I like that too.

Welcome.
Suddenly I realized that I had just presented myself before an international clan! Wow. I wasn't prepared for that. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #12
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Fairly international. There are even some Canadians posting from their igloos. Satellite internet really is a wonder. We used to have to drag cables behind us when we moved igloos, but not any more .

Welcome to GNet
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #13
Isaloween

[quote]Suddenly I realized that I had just presented myself before an international clan! Wow. I wasn't prepared for that. Thanks! [quote]

Yes, Onyx Rose, but I don't think you needed any specific preparations... We're all people... Like said LaBelleDameSansMerci on another thread ;o)
Old 10-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #14
Onyx Rose

Near the Arctic Circle maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci View Post
Fairly international. There are even some Canadians posting from their igloos. Satellite internet really is a wonder. We used to have to drag cables behind us when we moved igloos, but not any more .

Welcome to GNet
Thanks....I wouldn't have automaticly connected Canada with "the igloo life", but I guess Canada covers a lot of terrain. I've heard of satellite internet only recently....How far north do you live? Do you live anywhere near a place with a decent nightlife?
Old 10-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #15
Onyx Rose

Yes We Are

[quote=Isaloween;639950][quote]Suddenly I realized that I had just presented myself before an international clan! Wow. I wasn't prepared for that. Thanks!
Quote:

Yes, Onyx Rose, but I don't think you needed any specific preparations... We're all people... Like said LaBelleDameSansMerci on another thread ;o)
True. Since I've never done this before, the first thing I thought was, "Wow, I'd better behave myself like a good little girl." The second was, "Yikes! I'm American! There are Americans that are doing nasty things in other countries, making the rest of us look bad!" We don't get the most accurate news over here, so we don't always know what's going on. It's sort of nationalist here (although it was Much worse when Bush was president), so even though I may not go out of my way to prove myself to anyone, that doesn't mean I'm not conscious of how we might look to the rest of the world.
As for me, well, I'm not "bad" or "good". I'm just me, of course. However, Isaloween, it's nice to be reminded of that once again.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #16
Versus

Quote:
Suddenly I realized that I had just presented myself before an international clan! Wow. I wasn't prepared for that. Thanks!

True. Since I've never done this before, the first thing I thought was, "Wow, I'd better behave myself like a good little girl." The second was, "Yikes! I'm American! There are Americans that are doing nasty things in other countries, making the rest of us look bad!" We don't get the most accurate news over here, so we don't always know what's going on. It's sort of nationalist here (although it was Much worse when Bush was president), so even though I may not go out of my way to prove myself to anyone, that doesn't mean I'm not conscious of how we might look to the rest of the world.
As for me, well, I'm not "bad" or "good". I'm just me, of course. However, Isaloween, it's nice to be reminded of that once again.
I'm pretty sure the things Americans do to themselves are significantly worse, and that they didn't need any help from those "other" Americans to look bad.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #17
moncler321

Moncler
Moncler Jackets
moncler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #18
Isaloween

Quote:
True. Since I've never done this before, the first thing I thought was, "Wow, I'd better behave myself like a good little girl." The second was, "Yikes! I'm American! There are Americans that are doing nasty things in other countries, making the rest of us look bad!"
The intention of behaving yourself was sweet but neither needed nor requiried. Not by me anyway. I just hope to see the real you. Even if I don't allways like it or agree with it, I'd respect it much more than any masks you could wear. But I understood that this is not your intention.

You, indeed, don't have to make any impression on me or in anyone else but yourself I believe, and for the nasty thing issue: you make me laugh a lot because... Well, just look at us French!! LOL ... We are SO not an exemple of behaviour or of a way of thinking! I'd really have no advice to give to anyone and wouldn't even dare trying!

Hope to see you a bit more around...
Old 11-04-2010, 02:18 AM   #19
Onyx Rose

But do they Have to be totally stupid up in someone else's house??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I'm pretty sure the things Americans do to themselves are significantly worse, and that they didn't need any help from those "other" Americans to look bad.
I know, but it's still embaressing. I just hope the world community will depend on their brain cells to not judge all Americans the same way. We're all different in our similarities. I mean, look at me....some will think I'm just out there in left field, of course.
It's probably true that differances can be found within any country, anyway.
Oh, that's right...we're all cookie-cutter people....all bots. I forgot....that did not compute.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:47 AM   #20
Onyx Rose

(smiles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaloween View Post
The intention of behaving yourself was sweet but neither needed nor requiried. Not by me anyway. I just hope to see the real you. Even if I don't allways like it or agree with it, I'd respect it much more than any masks you could wear. But I understood that this is not your intention.

You, indeed, don't have to make any impression on me or in anyone else but yourself I believe, and for the nasty thing issue: you make me laugh a lot because... Well, just look at us French!! LOL ... We are SO not an exemple of behaviour or of a way of thinking! I'd really have no advice to give to anyone and wouldn't even dare trying!

Hope to see you a bit more around...
We have this saying in the U.S. that goes, "First impressions are lasting impressions." But thanks anyway.
Well then, you might find my cynically sarcastic (and occasionally sardonic) nature and sense of humor.....rather fascinating, to say the least. We in Portland tend to be like that sometimes. It must be all the rain.....oh, that's right, global warming is threatening to make it all nice and sunny here.
I'll try to stop in as much as I can.

Last edited by Onyx Rose; 11-04-2010 at 02:51 AM. Reason: smiley
Old 11-04-2010, 02:59 AM   #21
Fruitbat

Quote:
We have this saying in the U.S. that goes, "First impressions are lasting impressions."

Well then I've friggin' had it then.

Oh well. Hi from the other side of the world, the big land mass just north of the south pole... no not New Zealand, the one next to that.

Welcome aboard.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 AM   #22
Onyx Rose

Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Well then I've friggin' had it then.

Oh well. Hi from the other side of the world, the big land mass just north of the south pole... no not New Zealand, the one next to that.

Welcome aboard.
Thank you, Fruitbat!

Does it start with an "A"? If not, I'll try to find it on the next map or globe I see.

You won't have to worry about "keeping up appearances". That's our problem.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:29 AM   #23
Isaloween

[quote=Onyx Rose;642117]We have this saying in the U.S. that goes, "First impressions are lasting impressions." But thanks anyway.
Well then, you might find my cynically sarcastic (and occasionally sardonic) nature and sense of humor.....rather fascinating, to say the least.QUOTE]

My first impression of you was good. Which is why I welcomed you.

For what's about your sense of humor, I'm not too clever to make the difference between humor and seriousness on a forum. To many senses are missing here and it's way too easy to manipulate and be manipulated just by trusting others on their simple words.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:48 AM   #24
Fruitbat

Quote:
Thank you, Fruitbat!

Does it start with an "A"? If not, I'll try to find it on the next map or globe I see.

You won't have to worry about "keeping up appearances". That's our problem.
Aye, that would be the landmass on which I presently reside.

Feel free to send some rain our way. We sure could use it. So what's Portland like?

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:57 AM   #25
Onyx Rose

Communication Barriers

[quote=Isaloween;642124]
Quote:
We have this saying in the U.S. that goes, "First impressions are lasting impressions." But thanks anyway.
Well then, you might find my cynically sarcastic (and occasionally sardonic) nature and sense of humor.....rather fascinating, to say the least.QUOTE]

My first impression of you was good. Which is why I welcomed you.

For what's about your sense of humor, I'm not too clever to make the difference between humor and seriousness on a forum. To many senses are missing here and it's way too easy to manipulate and be manipulated just by trusting others on their simple words.
Yeah, too much gets lost in the translation. Besides, language can't be trusted anyway because of words with more than one meaning, cultural attachements, double significants and so on. I know someone from Scotland who virtually wishes for the caveman days. Maybe language was a hell of a lot easier to understand back then.