Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #326
MegearaErotica

I seriously hate christian and country along with any wannabe bands such as red hot chili peppers, but how can anyone hate cradle of filth?!
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #327
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbadmc
What's wrong with RHCP?
They are uncreative, repetitive and they generally get on my nerves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
I seriously hate christian and country along with any wannabe bands such as red hot chili peppers, but how can anyone hate cradle of filth?!
Easily.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #328
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
*facepalm*

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #329
MegearaErotica

Hey, I'm open to other people's opinion,but I love Cradle of Filth! They are like a good box of Godiva chocolate that I just want to savor...
Old 09-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #330
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
Hey, I'm open to other people's opinion,but I love Cradle of Filth! They are like a good box of Godiva chocolate that I just want to savor...
You love Cradle of Filth, fine. I hate them, but it's your opinion, right?
But then was your proclamation of your hatred of ALL country music and ALL music including the themes of Christianity. Have you heard every single band in the genre? No?
Therefore you aren't really qualified to hate every single band in the genre of country or relating to Christianity, are you?
And that's not exactly being very open-minded, despite that you are "open to other people's opinion", is it?

Oh, and your misuse of the word "wannabe" was shameful.

Don't mean to flame you or anything, just explaining a few things.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #331
PortraitOfSanity

I <3 bunnies.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #332
JCC

Quote:
wannabe bands such as red hot chili peppers
Wannabe? What do they want to be?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #333
MegearaErotica

They want to be awesome, and I think they fail. (opinion, obviously) Also, I grew up on country and christian and hated every minute of the twang and religiousness... because I am not christian... did I explain it to your satisfaction? (not being sarcastic)
Old 09-16-2008, 08:33 AM   #334
a morbid curiosity

No, not really.
You hate some music because it's Christian? The word for that is discrimination, methinks. I'm not Jewish and I don't have a problem with Say Anything; I'm not Christian and I don't have a problem with mewithoutYou or Underoath (though neither are bands I particularly love). As I assume you mean hymns and such, there are some beautiful renditions and I honestly don't know how you can say that they are all bad.

And you can't justify hating every country band to ever have existed, so don't try.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:48 AM   #335
Saya

Usually in a genre you can find a few that are good or at least tolerable, I can't say I hate all pop because I'll still listen to Prozzak and Savage Garden sometimes, I can't say I hate all rap because I like K-os, he's coherent and doesn't sing about hoes and drugs and how horrible his life was, and I can't say I hate country........because sometimes I listen to Dixie Chicks (I blame mom for that one though).

And you HAVE to admit Cradle of Filth is an acquired taste, I like them but I understand fully why someone wouldn't like them. They are not.....easy on the ears.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #336
a morbid curiosity

^ What she said.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #337
MegearaErotica

It's not the lyrics in country that I hate. It's that twanging sound that I've heard in every song.
In christian, the religion kind of showed the hipocracy between it's rules and most of it's followers when I was thrown out of the church because they thought I was satanist, even though I tried to tell them I wasn't. Though this was only one chuch, the music brings back bad memories.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #338
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
They want to be awesome,
Doesn't everyone?

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #339
MegearaErotica

Yes we all do. Sadly, I am a major screwup at it.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #340
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh
My apologies if these have been mentioned in a previous page:

Blutengel, Funker Vogt, De/Vision, God Module, Ayria

I cannot see how these bands have become as big as they are...
I must say, I like every single one of those bands. Heh.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:45 AM   #341
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
It's not the lyrics in country that I hate. It's that twanging sound that I've heard in every song.
In christian, the religion kind of showed the hipocracy between it's rules and most of it's followers when I was thrown out of the church because they thought I was satanist, even though I tried to tell them I wasn't. Though this was only one chuch, the music brings back bad memories.
Hating Christianity is completely different from hating a band because it's Christian. Write more eloquently.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #342
Slap Your Love

I do hate the band 3oh!3.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #343
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity
Hating Christianity is completely different from hating a band because it's Christian. Write more eloquently.
But if I wrote perfectly, I wouldn't have anything interesting to argue about...
Old 09-16-2008, 12:00 PM   #344
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
But if I wrote perfectly, I wouldn't have anything interesting to argue about...
Yes you would! You'd be able to argue about politics and religion and art, and music and culture and virtually anything that there are opposing opinions on.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #345
dabbadmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity
They are uncreative, repetitive and they generally get on my nerves.
I disagree. I think that they are very creative, and they combine elements of rap, funk, rock and metal in their music. To me, each song teases out a different emotion and while many people think they are repititive, I have yet to listen to a song of theirs in which I thought: 'Huh, this sounds like Song X.'

Quote:
They want to be awesome, and I think they fail.
Every band strives to be the best they can be. >.> Red Hot Chili Peppers are a very influential, together band. So I would say that no, they don't fail.

In regards to both quotes: Each to their own I guess.
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #346
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbadmc
In regards to both quotes: Each to their own I guess.
Hey! Someone on here can actually be constructively critical! Wow... never thought I'd meet this kind of person on Gnet.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #347
Sabine Blodwin

I hate Slipknot
Sabine Blodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #348
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
It's easy to hate Cradle. I personally like them a good deal, but if you see him live, it loses it's enchantment.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #349
Geoluhread

Cradle of Filth, Death, Arch Enemy
I really hate all of those bands' vocals...

I hate most rap, but i find some songs very funny (like weird Al's White and Nerdy) but i don't listen to it on regular basis

I hate beyonce, because she has one hell of a powerful beautiful voice and she'd rather use sex appeal when -in my opinion- if she sang quiet songs that show the strength of her voice, she'd be very popular... I think her current songs are humiliating to her voice

I hate the Pussycat Dolls... It's like, WTF?!!

There is another girl band... I don't know its name, but they are 3 girls who are 12 i think... I was switching channels on tv and my jaw just dropped!! If you watch the video of the song "But then i woke up" (i guess that the name) you'll know what I'm talking about... It's pervert what they do to young girls, and stupid for the girls to actually do what they're told (or it would be idiotic if they call that expressing their selves)
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:43 AM   #350
Arashi

I loathe the band Paramore, and I'm not even going to elaborate on why because it will send me into an exhaustive novel-rant.