Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:41 AM   #901
punkirony

**GASP** EDIBLE! Flat outta no where. And simulposting, ey?
Old 10-23-2005, 03:07 PM   #902
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
... people with personality disorders suck ...
then what are you doing here You have a hard job.

Winged- I get upset about grades, too... I have three bs and three cs this quarter... it's just really irrataing being a mediocrity :/ Don't worry, winged, you're smart and your grades are good.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 10-23-2005, 09:32 PM   #903
punkirony

I hate when I cry because of my mother.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:44 PM   #904
winged_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkirony
PHYSICS! It is evil and I don't understand a bit of it. I think it's evil BECAUSE I don't understand a bit of it. Huh.
I could try helping you with that subject. I understand it pretty well (having it in high school already helps). I'm getting a B in it now so I would be willing to help you.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 10-24-2005, 06:18 PM   #905
Jane13

I wish my friend would stop going out with that coke head... after dumping him three times because he was cheating on her three times. The worst part is I think she's doing it so that she can get her hands on some stuff to sell. What happened to the days when we whent to the fair in the summer and stayed up for hours watching Rocko's Modern Life and Angry Beavers? things change so much...
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 10-24-2005, 07:07 PM   #906
The Minister Saint-Fond

I just got back from a business trip to Kentucky. I had to go there because some jackass on the other side of the world didn't do his job so I had to go to the armpit of the earth (aside from Flint Michigan) and manage a sort of 30,000 little metal parts. Of course, I was supposed to just go to Manage it, but I'm not such a dipshit that I would let people rework little metal things for hours and hours and not help. So I hammered metal things all weekend too and just did my work at night. What a humanitarian I am.

So obviously I tore my hands all to shit because I'm clumsy. If I'm going to be bleeding all day, I'd like it to be because of something kinky, not because I'm working through the weekend in some warehouse in Kentucky because some guy on the other side of the world is a jackass.

And also the hotel was just... nasty. It was a Hampton with "country" decour, which means it basically looked like a trailor park threw up in there. Every stereotypical tourist was staying there too. If I see one more person in khakis and a T-shirt, I'm next to his fat, curly-haired wife and six kids, I'm going to scream. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? THIS TOWN IS A MANUFACTURING PLANT AND AN APPLEBEES. WHY ARE YOU TOURISTING HERE? AND TELL YOUR DAMNED CHILDREN TO STOP TOUCHING ALL OF THE FREE CORN MUFFINS! Ugh...

So I finally went to leave and I stopped for gas this morning. Now I don't know about your town, but here in Detroit, Service people are surly and rude. That's the way I like it. I don't need to discuss the weather with the person selling me Marlboros at 6:30 AM. I'd just as soon they hated me as much as I hate them. Which is a lot because I hate everyone at 6:30 AM. So anyway, there I go to get gas and I turn on the pump and begin pumping gas. The Voice Of God speakers (you know, the speakers that tell everyone in the entire station that the person on pump four's credit card was declined) comes on and calls out, "Yer Oh-kay tah go, pump tuweyalve".

No shit Sherlock. I'm pumping my gas. And this was perhaps the most effeminate southern accent I've ever heard. Perhaps it wasn't the Voice of God, but it could have passed quite well for the Voice of the Archangel Gaybriel. So I finish and go in to get smokes. "Is thayat a Michigan Lahsense Pulate?" WHAT? WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? IT'S SIX FUCKING THIRTY! I DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS MY PLATES WITH A STRANGER. "Pump twelve and Lights box hundreds, please." Then he got surly and I was satisfied.

But the guy behind me decided to speak up. "Well that was rude" he said as I was walking towards the door. It's times like this when I enjoy being 6' 4" and stocky. I turned around and this guy basically looks like a wrestler with a beer belly and a shaved head. It's 40 degrees out and he's wearing a muscle shirt. So I've had it.

"What are you gonna do about it, Henry Rollins?" I asked. "Run and tell your Mother(<-sung)?" He invited me to engage in autoerotica and I showed him my little pet birdy. At this point, Gaybriel is coming around the counter to stop the upcoming fight. Like this guy who's 120 pounds soaking wet is going to stop to burly people from rolling. Good luck. But he asked me to leave so I did with a, "Tell your friend that the muscles don't come with the shirt," as a parting shot.

God I hate the country.

Then it was just seven hours of work and then six hours of driving and now here I am. Bitter and cold with work tomorrow. At least my cat is happy to see me.

[/rant]
Old 10-24-2005, 07:35 PM   #907
Jane13

*ugh* Kentucky... I don't live very far away from that goth-forsaken state... do you know they have the highest number of racists per capita of any US state? I hate going there because I freak out mentally when I see all of those retarded Dixie flags...
-Cinema Strange
Old 10-24-2005, 08:09 PM   #908
bloody_kisses

fuck i hate people! i hate how they run around cutting them selfs just to get attention and make themselfs look cool it just pisses me off! ggrrrr!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:58 PM   #909
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minister Saint-Fond

"What are you gonna do about it, Henry Rollins?" I asked. "Run and tell your Mother(<-sung)?"

He invited me to engage in autoerotica and I showed him my little pet birdy.

[/rant]
Thats my fav-oh-ryte part..( In mah worst Southern accent )

And its going in my Book of Quotes.. Friggin Fun-Knee!

Growing up in the South myself, I can just picture Spam Boy saying;

" Henry WHO?!? " " My Name AIN'T HENRY, Its CLETUS!!! "

*Twitch*

Nicely done..Thanks for the Flashbacks..

Oh and the DAX Airport is the 7th ring of Hell..

So we're clear...

(Shudder..)
Old 10-24-2005, 09:28 PM   #910
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
retarded Dixie flags...

Jane I still love you but I never saw this,

NEVER SAW THIS.

Hmmhmmhmm I can't hear or see you...hmmhmm...hmm Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton...old times there are not forgotten. Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:10 PM   #911
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu

NEVER SAW THIS.

Hmmhmmhmm I can't hear or see you...hmmhmm...hmm Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton...old times there are not forgotten. Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.
I've got a FUNNY story about that song.

...don't smother your kids."
Old 10-25-2005, 01:05 AM   #912
gingerbreadwench

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu

NEVER SAW THIS.

Awww, Al, that touched my little Southern Belle heart.

---

Mini Rant!

I don't WANNA do my math homework! I don't wanna I don't wanna I DON'T WAAAAAAAANNNNAAA!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:32 AM   #913
Tall One In Black

Georgia on my tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
*ugh* Kentucky... I don't live very far away from that goth-forsaken state... do you know they have the highest number of racists per capita of any US state? I hate going there because I freak out mentally when I see all of those retarded Dixie flags...
Worse than the confederate flags proudly displayed by rednecks was the state flag of Georgia, which was made largely of the confederate battle flag.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ack/gaflag.gif

It didn't change until 2001 - but that flag still showcased a small version of the old confederate flag (probably to appease those who said the confederate flag represented Georgia's fine history). Finally, in 2003, the flag was changed to get rid of the confederate flag entirely.

The confederate battle flag? WHY? It was a horrible war... thousands died and Georgia was crushed. And you LOST! Yet you want to display this piece of "history" for all to see and remember? I never understood it.

And my own personal rant...
I hate that the southern accent is equated with stupidity, though it's a stereotype that's not far from reality. When I lived in Georgia, I sounded intelligent with my relatively light accent. But living in Washington, D.C., I sound like an idiot. I can't count the number of times I've talked to someone new and they interrupted me to ask me where I'm from. It didn't matter what I was saying, it only mattered that I was saying it "funny."

Having a Georgia accent is like a plague outside the south. I say five words to a person - "Hello, nice to meet you" - and they immediately ask "Where are you from?" Five words, and they peg me as being a southerner and probably also make negative assumptions about me.

I had a real problem with it when I first moved here. There are over 100 people in my office, so I was meeting a lot of new people and reliving this experience over and over. I began to dread meeting people because of that initial moment when I had to speak the first words and reveal my "weakness."

I still use as few words as possible when talking to the co-workers I consider intelligent and respect highly. The more I talk, the stupider I feel in comparison.

Fortunately, there's no accent in my typing.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:34 AM   #914
tekajo

i actually like the Rebel Flag...three reasons...its purdy, it reminds me of the old Dukes of Hazzard (sans Mrs. Lachey), and my old high school's mascot was a Rebel.

i know all the negative cannotations that the flag carries, but i dont see it as Symbol of such...its just a colourful flag. i like swastikas as well...

Tall Dark One, i love calling tech support when i cant figure something out while im working on someone's computer.. *thick exaggerated Louisiana accent* "Look here naw, wut i got is a lil Cisco 800 Router, actually, its a client's old machine...dat thar image file in the NVRAM is coe rupt, an ah TFTP jus aint doing it fer me. ima already using the rollover cable to Telnet....." etc.

it really trips 'em up.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #915
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
i love calling tech support when i cant figure something out while im working on someone's computer.. *thick exaggerated Louisiana accent* "Look here naw, wut i got is a lil Cisco 800 Router, actually, its a client's old machine...dat thar image file in the NVRAM is coe rupt, an ah TFTP jus aint doing it fer me. ima already using the rollover cable to Telnet....." etc.

it really trips 'em up.
I think saying anything intelligent with a southern accent trips many people up, especially if they've never been to the south and have formed their opinions of southerners from TV. We all know that reporters scour the town to find the stupidest, most heavily accented guy to put on TV. :P
Old 10-25-2005, 03:14 PM   #916
winged_dreams

My sister and I got yelled at in North Carolina for being too pale. I hold no prejudice or stereotypes about the south though.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:56 PM   #917
Jane13

Whaa!! I'm sorry Al. I didn't mean it as a jab at the south
Tall one, here in Southern (SOUTHERN AS YOU CAN GET IN THIS STATE) Illinois, I always feel like my vioce makes me sound ignorant, but everyone down here says I don't sound southern at all... when I go to Chicago, I know that's not true... but apparently I talk like I'm from chicago when I'm excited or aggitated 0.o Tekajo, that sounds fun ^.^
-Cinema Strange
Old 10-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #918
The Minister Saint-Fond

Now, now... It's not the south that's so bad....

It's the country. For example, here in Michigan, There are basically two parts of the state: Detroit, and a place I like to call, "Beer Hat". Also, there's Flint.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #919
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
i actually like the Rebel Flag...three reasons...its purdy, it reminds me of the old Dukes of Hazzard (sans Mrs. Lachey), and my old high school's mascot was a Rebel.

i know all the negative cannotations that the flag carries, but i dont see it as Symbol of such...its just a colourful flag.

Amen brutha! (Jane relax I was kidding)
Old 10-25-2005, 11:03 PM   #920
winged_dreams

*sighs* Soon I shall be very cold. I will be so cold and five layers of clothes can't keep my completely warm. I hate winter with a burning passion.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:25 PM   #921
AlKilyu

Erm...what is it about? Maybe we can help?

I owe you BIG time. ^_^
Old 10-25-2005, 11:35 PM   #922
nonfatsuperjesus

I'm american too.... God damn the luck. I wish I was an African so that I could have AIDS and starve to death, fuck. Or a Chinese so that I could live under a repressive Communist government, damn, damn, damn.....
Old 10-26-2005, 06:54 AM   #923
The Diceman

Dude, I'm sure you'll live. Its simple, you don't like the way things are going, do something about it! Anything that you think will help, just do, don't bother to think about it. Right now I'm in 2 plays (and yes, I'll happilly admit they are only minor bit-parts) and I have to perform in one of them all this week, and then, when thats over on saturday I have a full rehersal for the other the next day. I am also co-directing a play (even if it is a really bad one) with a friend for school... and the A-levels i dont think really counts coz everyone else does them too.... think i'll sleep now....
Old 10-26-2005, 07:21 AM   #924
tekajo

i was going to pick on Andrew...because it's been awhile since The Adventures of Ford Fairlane...but, he has Tux as his avatar. Bonus points (which im sure will be taken back shortly)

My rant:
The humane society sucks. i must have proof that my neighbor killed my cat and threw her body in the road. Which..i do not have.
s'ok.
Karma is a muthafucka.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:35 AM   #925
OnixxFilth

Ok, here goes a whine- why can't we PM anymore?