Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-28-2008, 02:52 AM   #26
Ms.Crowbar

Slightly better.
You could have siad "people from both Scotland and England".
But never mind. I'm not that proud of my country.
Ms.Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:18 AM   #27
jack_the_knife

The only thing I really despise the Americans for is for making characteristically bad cars.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:59 AM   #28
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang
Drake Dun,

No offense meant, dude, but Maxine is a cartoon character. Obviously, you don't read the Sunday funnies.
Irony sometimes goes right over my head, first because I'm a social outlier, and second because I haven't lived in the West for half a decade. I have never heard of "Maxine". Sorry for the targetless rant.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #29
Jaye Jang

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
Irony sometimes goes right over my head, first because I'm a social outlier, and second because I haven't lived in the West for half a decade. I have never heard of "Maxine". Sorry for the targetless rant.
Drake, no problemo.

This one's for you. In fact, since you're such a lucky 'stiff' to be in Tokyo, I'll trade you. You post some cool pix from Tokyo, and I'll post the website for cartoons dot com, so you can keep 'in the loop.' Howzat?

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/126733405YXdKMq
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #30
Drake Dun

Sweet. Thanks!
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:39 AM   #31
Maggoty Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
The only thing I really despise the Americans for is for making characteristically bad cars.
We invented cars, so STFU.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:04 AM   #32
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggoty Anne
We invented cars, so STFU.
No, the Americans did not. You only mass produced them. Karl Benz ( Yes, the creator of Mercedes-Benz ) invented the automobile along with Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach. They finished their creation and patented it in 1885. The first American car was built in 1893 in Springfield Massachusetts, by Charles and Frank Duryea. I seriously suggest you do some research before you embark on arguing on a topic you don't know an awful lot about.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #33
Maggoty Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
No, the Americans did not. You only mass produced them. Karl Benz ( Yes, the creator of Mercedes-Benz ) invented the automobile along with Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach. They finished their creation and patented it in 1885. The first American car was built in 1893 in Springfield Massachusetts, by Charles and Frank Duryea. I seriously suggest you do some research before you embark on arguing on a topic you don't know an awful lot about.
My ingenius use of acronyms should have clued you into my vast quantities of experience regarding the subject in question.