Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #51
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Considering what I've seen of your pictures I wouldn't exactly call you "thin" Underwear.
Very true. Up until about two months ago my BMI just made the mark for overweight.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #52
zerademark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
True or not, we aren't talking about pretty girls, we're talking about fat girls.
Indeed. But you said: She might be pretty, but she is still overweight." implying the overweight thing is bad. She isnt that overweight first of all, and second why is it a bad thing to be overweight? And with that I dont mean the really obesitas people, but people who are just a little full like her.

Face it, when the ice age comes, the skinny people are going to shit themself (or rather try not to).
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #53
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerademark View Post

Indeed. But you said: She might be pretty, but she is still overweight." implying the overweight thing is bad. She isnt that overweight first of all, and second why is it a bad thing to be overweight? And with that I dont mean the really obesitas people, but people who are just a little full like her.

Face it, when the ice age comes, the skinny people are going to shit themself (or rather try not to).
"Overweight" is a medical definition. Being overweight can cause diabetes, heart disease, stroke, etc etc.
That's why it's bad.

Not only that, but it is limiting. Don't try to tell me that chick can climb a flight of stairs as efficiently as I can and not have to catch her breath.

As far as LOOKS go, it's the same as anything else. Like brown hair, some people like it, and some people don't.
The fact of the matter is, however, that it's not healthy, and humans are programmed to dislike what looks unhealthy.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #54
Despanan

Well, fair enough.

Though honestly from your initial post it seemed more of an aesthetic issue. Sorry if I misunderstood; it just seemed to be one of those glass houses / stones kind of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #55
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
"Overweight" is a medical definition. Being overweight can cause diabetes, heart disease, stroke, etc etc.
That's why it's bad.

Not only that, but it is limiting. Don't try to tell me that chick can climb a flight of stairs as efficiently as I can and not have to catch her breath.
Obesity causes diabetes and heart disease and stroke. Being a few pounds overweight isn't suddenly putting you at death's door, infact it may be good for you. And I actually have met people who are overweight who are athletic, including my sister who while is a bit overweight competes athletically with men and is joining the police force, and one of my best friends who is in kick boxing with men and does very well.

Quote:
As far as LOOKS go, it's the same as anything else. Like brown hair, some people like it, and some people don't.
The fact of the matter is, however, that it's not healthy, and humans are programmed to dislike what looks unhealthy.
Not quite true, being skinny and underweight is unhealthy too but thats the ideal. I'm underweight, I used to be worse though and even then I got tons of compliments from strangers. Its far more cultural than programmed, plenty of cultures find overweight women attractive and skinny women ugly.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #56
the-nihilist

Nothing turns me on more than caressing the skin pulled tight over the bones of an anorexic woman's rib cage.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #57
LaBelleDameSansMerci

There should be a range of models of different body types who eat right and exercise right.

Personally I find the size 12-14 models much more attractive than the size 0 models. And I have to side with popular opinion on http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...mpetition.html
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #58
Alan

I don't buy that all these people find 'non-skinny' girls (for a lack of a better word) that attractive.
Here, I invoke creature6's complaint that I believe most people are just answering what they feel they have to answer rather than answer what they actually like. Only in this case I won't bitch about that and then have the same opinion.

I could never be attracted to a chubby girl. I like them skinny. I like them to compete with me for who's the lightest. If you had an option of having a girl at 140 pounds or 115, why would you want 140?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #59
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Google her, she has a picture where you can visibly see rolls. Shit is not cash.
I know it's terrible but I laughed at that.

And what's this aboot you and trannies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I could never be attracted to a chubby girl. I like them skinny. I like them to compete with me for who's the lightest. If you had an option of having a girl at 140 pounds or 115, why would you want 140?
In before someone wisely suggests that you masquerade as judge for a dicksucking contest between 'em.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #60
Solumina

Quote:
Depends on the distribution of the weight, a friend of mine named Shannon weighs 145 and has the most amazing body I think I have ever seen, then again she is 5'11" and is exceptionally toned.

More than anything it really comes down to being in proportion to your frame.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #61
Despanan

Quote:
Personality? Intelligence? Ability in the sack? are these things not factors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #62
Pineapple_Juice

Wait-I'm '5"11 and 145 pounds and I am not toned. I guess this makes me a fatty mcfatterstein.

It's one thing when being thin comes naturally for some people-genetics, metabolism, or someone who just doesn't eat that much and is fine with it, doesn't feel hungry, etc. It's a whole different thing altogether when someone has to struggle daily and deprive themselves when they'd much rather take another bite in order to keep up with some stupid skinny fashion statement. If you give that much of a shit about how you look that you count every calorie you eat and never let yourself indulge, ever, then you need to pull your head out of your ass and realize that there are a hell of a lot more important things than looking emaciated and/or impressing douchebags who wouldn't like you any other way.

I say eat mostly healthy and exercise and whatever your body naturally looks like while you're doing this is the weight you're supposed to be.

Personally, I wouldn't even want to be around anyone who would like me less because I weighed more. What would I want with a fuckhead boyfriend like that?
Old 09-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #63
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Personality? Intelligence? Ability in the sack? are these things not factors?
Of course, they are; and in that order.
But even so, why have a girl with all those qualities who's fat when you can have one with all those qualities who's thin?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #64
Saya

Quote:
Of course, they are; and in that order.
But even so, why have a girl with all those qualities who's fat when you can have one with all those qualities who's thin?
Thats just a weird way of looking at it, you'll never find two girls who are exactly the same except for weight. I know its a hypothetical but relationships with human beings is a little more complicated than that. Chubbiness just isn't a deal killer for a lot of people, thats all.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #65
Pineapple_Juice

Now that I think of it, trying to hard to be thin seems to me to be one of the more retarded ways to conform. "I wanna be really skinny so everyone will like me and I will be like all the other skinny girls and I'll be so cool because people will think I'm hot." Why give so much of a shit what people think?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #66
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Now that I think of it, trying to hard to be thin seems to me to be one of the more retarded ways to conform. "I wanna be really skinny so everyone will like me and I will be like all the other skinny girls and I'll be so cool because people will think I'm hot." Why give so much of a shit what people think?
Its easy to know that its silly but there's always that part that wants to be considered attractive, especially to certain people. Since I started dating again I've been really harsh on myself to the point where I'm actually willing to dish out money for beauty products and make up (I never wear make up). I know its stupid but I just can't stop.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:02 PM   #67
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post

Not quite true, being skinny and underweight is unhealthy too but thats the ideal. I'm underweight, I used to be worse though and even then I got tons of compliments from strangers. Its far more cultural than programmed, plenty of cultures find overweight women attractive and skinny women ugly.
Dude, being stick thin is not the ideal.
The vast majority of people find that unappealing.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #68
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Its far more cultural than programmed, plenty of cultures find overweight women attractive and skinny women ugly.
When my family lived in Papua New Guinea the locals thought my dad was batshit crazy for marrying my mother because she didn't have a sizeable ass, haha.

Though I personally have a preference for slenderness I can appreciate that people of larger sizes can still look good up until a certain point, usually when they start to look unhealthy. Same goes for thin people though - if they look sick they're not attractive. It's really very simple.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #69
Joker_in_the_Pack

May I point out the difference between being large and being fat?

Some of those models had bad bodies. Not that they had a larger waist, but small tits, a big waist, and a small ass makes you look bad. It's proportions.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #70
Still Jack

I tend to find personality and intelligence attractive above other factors.
If she's physically rather attractive but has the personality of a microwaved dogturd, then it won't fly. Then I'll probably go for the funny chubster with whom you can actually have a meaningful, interesting conversation that doesn't revolve around items of clothing and/or mobile phones.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 AM   #71
Pineapple_Juice

Yeah I've noticed that generally works a lot more often than one would think.
I am a very spiteful, jealous individual. When I see a woman I think is more attractive than me, I automatically dislike her. Problem is, most of the time when I meet girls who are attractive they end up being total sweethearts and I can't help but like them anyway.
Wellll, I went to a party once and there was this girl there who was fucking gorgeous. She was curvy like paintings of oceans, rolling all smooth and perfect in all the right places. She had these full pale titties like they were fake but you knew they weren't, and she had a gorgeous face. Her hair was about down to her waist in this natural dark brown-black, and it curled naturally all shiny and smooth. I wanted to kill her.

Anyway ten minutes go by and I realize that she is a fucking dumbass, and she's also rude and openly conceited. After a while she just looked fat to me, and her hair had a bunch of split ends in it, and I am not kidding by the end of the night I thought she was just some dumb average looking chick.

Shit actually happens like that dude.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #72
AsylumVoid

I thought size 12 was pretty normal and that plus size was 16+, I think this argument has a tendency to get a tad subjective. Noone is going to come to a conclusion about what is and isn't attractive and I think we don't need to talk about the bodies of human beings in a way that is demeaning. You may not like big women...however some people genuinely do, I personally know people who do, it's not really anyone elses place to tell them it's wrong, you would never tell a homosexual that their orientation was wrong. (Well, I hope not anyway) The same goes for those who like skinny women.

I came to a conclusion a year ago after spending years moping about the way I looked, that, I will try and eat right and do excercise I enjoy (I enjoy it so much I manage to do 2 hours without even thinking) and do it for the love of it...not to impress others or try and make other people pleased with the way I look. I have kept to it, I'm a size uk14 at 5"1 and I'm healthier than a lot of my thinner friends who struggle to do one sit up when I can do 60. So, yes...you can be overweight and healthy. People may look at me and think "she's overweight, she must be lazy" but for once...I'm happy because I'm not obsessing about being thin and looking beautiful for a majority. I think it's not always the "chubby chicks" who have to change but people's attitudes towards those who they don't find attractive and/or are overweight. We need to stop comparing ourselves and dictating how others should look because then we will feel uncomfortable thinking that other people are saying and thinking the same about us. Just be as healthy as you can be and enjoy the excercise that you do. I'd rather be fat than unhappy.
AsylumVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:46 AM   #73
SweetJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I tend to find personality and intelligence attractive above other factors.
If she's physically rather attractive but has the personality of a microwaved dogturd, then it won't fly. Then I'll probably go for the funny chubster with whom you can actually have a meaningful, interesting conversation that doesn't revolve around items of clothing and/or mobile phones.
Same here. Dumbasses are more of a turnoff for me than chubby girls.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:54 AM   #74
DRM

As much as brains and personality are key factors, it's aesthetics that draw you to that person to give you the chance to get to know them, or at least that's my opinion.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:00 AM   #75
Still Jack

True. I'd prefer to get to know some chain smoking chick with bruised knuckles and a Charged GBH tee. Than someone that looks like they've put infinite care into painting their nails...
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote