Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #26
Extraordinary

I think you need to travel back to the 80's to look like that.
Extraordinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #27
DeathChii

I duno... If I had the money; I'd find a way to put it together. =]
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #28
Cicero

The girl in that last picture is on the cover of Deathrock magazine (not surprising considering where the url for the picture is from). She's one of my fashion inspirations.

I don't deliberately do anything to my appearance to look more 'goth'. My style is a bit of victoriana/deathrock combination with elements of pirates and ancient egypt thrown in every once in a while, but when it comes to the crunch the way I put together my appearance is just my attempt to embody my own ideals of beauty.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #29
DeathChii

I like different styles. I usually dress elegantly [romantic]; per say. I do sometimes look as if I am going to a funeral... not on purpose of course. ^^;
Sometimes I am more punk, and sometimes I am more l*o*l*i*t*a [why do they cencor that?]
Just depends on my mood.
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #30
Zerachiel

I usually always worn what neat bondage/black stuff I can get my hands on. bondage pants, chains, fishnets arm warmers, chokers and wearing weird make up. :P Can't find many sites that have some nice goth lookin' pants so the only pants closest I CAN get is Tripp. And those're getting old and boring. Bleh.
Zerachiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:01 PM   #31
Saphyra Runa

Quote:
I think you need to travel back to the 80's to look like that.
Pardon me I resemble that statement. Well I used to anyway. LOL
I was more the first pic in the Old School Goth and there was a gal that used to hang at the club we went to that looked like the second. Matter of fact she still does, errr, sorta. Add 20 + years, 20 + pounds and 3 kids later. Super tight short skirts, ripped fishnets and T-s with belly flap is not a good look. *shudder*

Ooh, lov'in that little black number in the second fetish link.

**Zerachiel, have you tried Dr. Strange?

Pardon the unfinishedness of it all
Saphyra Runa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:02 AM   #32
Zerachiel

Nope, I haven't. :s Probably should.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:47 AM   #33
chelseagirl

hmm, I never really buy clothing with the thought in my head that "this looks goth". I've always just worn whatever I like and feel comfortable in. I wear a pretty much only black. I've tried to add color to my wardrobe, but I just feel funny in it. I wear creepers any time I wear pants, and I always wear boots when I wear skirts. In my 20's, I used to wear a lot of bondage pants/skirts, and short skirts. Now, in my 30's, I usually just wear black jeans or more plain style pants (I've never liked those baggy Tripp pants with all the chains and crap). For skirts, I only wear knee length pencil skirts.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #34
Zakyath

I never call myself goth. Only leads into trouble. I am who I am...

Usually wear trench coat, black hat, pilot glasses (that's the name in English?), different band T-Shirts, black pants, and boots...

It's damn hot at this time of the year, so I'm going to try find some clothes that I like that fits good in the summer...
Zakyath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #35
SalaamDementia

I've never really thought, hm - I want to look goth. I just wore what I liked and what I thought looked fun or cool. Other people were the ones that decided my look was goth.

If anything, I'm a lazy goth. I've got the long black hair. I've got black jeans of all kinds and sorts, and I do admit to having a few pairs of Tripp pants, but they're worn rarely due to the fact that they're always in my way. Shirts are normally band T-shirts. In the winter its the same, just with either a trench coat or hoodie over it.

Then my makeup is normally always the same, simple black eyeliner & black eyeshadow. Although constantly chipped or peeling, my nails are generally painted black as well. And of course I've got an array of jewlery - spiked, leather, chains... all that fun stuff.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #36
Zakyath

I can't put on tripp pants without people yelling "fucking emo" after me Then I just ask them to call me "******" instead (I'm pale), because then it would actually have any affect on me. At least it would make me wonder...
Zakyath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #37
SalaamDementia

They're stereotypical 'mallgoth' but I like some of the Tripp clothing. A few pairs of the pants I have were gifts and are slightly annoying to wear - obscenely big with far too many chains and straps for someone as clumsy as me. But I do have a few nice pairs of pants that fit normally, with just a few zippers on them.

I think the weirdest pants I have are a pair of Tripp pants and they glow in the dark. I didn't realize that until taking a walk one night. I was highly amused.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #38
Valrys

Unfortunately, due to lack of money, my parents and convenience, I don't wear anything particularly nice or fancy.
My wear generally consists of a black trenchcoat, various shirts I have and some trousers that could be classed as "mallgoth".

Usually all black, which gets damn hot in the summer, but I've been slowly expanding my wardrobe over time, so hopefully I'll get more choice.

Need to get a job really, currently can't afford all that nice clothing that I would love to wear.
Valrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #39
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
There's a great example on myspace dot com /anonjessymous. They're all hardcore goth.
Er. Hm. They look like emo-kids to me. (And, no, I have nothing against emo-kids. *cough* pussy punk *cough*)

I've got a really doll-like face and I'm (naturally) very pale, so I'm trying to gravitate towards looking like one. (A doll) I try to wear pretty dresses and little shoes and stockings.

Some days though, I'm a jeans-and-band shirt type of girl with a scarf around my hair and my glasses on.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #40
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaamDementia
I think the weirdest pants I have are a pair of Tripp pants and they glow in the dark. I didn't realize that until taking a walk one night. I was highly amused.

*shock* That. Is. Fantastic.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:44 PM   #41
Saphyra Runa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
There's a great example on myspace dot com /anonjessymous. They're all hardcore goth.
Am I looking at the right myspace? Everyone looks like the majority of kids that go to high school here.

Pardon the unfinishedness of it all
Saphyra Runa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:53 AM   #42
Valrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphyra Runa
Am I looking at the right myspace? Everyone looks like the majority of kids that go to high school here.
Could it possibly be that Ophelia was being sarcastic?
Valrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #43
Zerachiel

Lol, maybe just a little. One problem I have is trying to find an nice neat looking hair style for me...:s everyone seems to either keep it plain, or do a mohawk. >_<
Old 06-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #44
kitten

Generally, since I moved out, I have virtually no money to spend on clothes. THEN, stupid Depo shot made me gain 50 pounds. So I had to give all my nice clothes to my sister and I now live in agony, lol. Mostly Denim skirts, and a wife beater or a tee shirt. I also ave a coupl pairs of jeans.

(But my Fiance said that when i am off the depo shot and I lose the weight that I want, he will buy me the cloths I want with the tax return thi year)

Generally, before I gained the weight, I wore Tripp corsets (everything else was too expensive), Lip Service that I traded for online and some stuff my sister made for me.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:00 PM   #45
raineofblood

I myself wear the lace, the chains, and such. I also wear the crosses and such as well. I also have the habit of mixing in goth with a tad of emo fashion. So shoot me. ((You cant hate the scarves!!))
Old 06-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #46
Haunted House

I like to wear old-school goth/deathrock and DIY-ed stuff like the goths in the 80's. I have tight black and DIYed bleached jeans, custom made goth band t-shirts, pinned and patched velvet and leather jackets and a vest, a wide aray of different fishnet items riddled with holes, cross and bone necklaces, black mardi gras beads, thin black feather boa, studded wristbands and belts, big genreic boots, and this torn up piece of grey gauze that I sometimes tie around my waist as a belt. All of this pulled together by my somewhat unpredictable, ratty black mess that I call hair that sometimes takes the form of a deathhawk. Plus the pointy sideburns.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #47
Aaroneet

Honestly, I keep it simple most of the time, although there is one black, sleeveless, dress-like shirt I wear with black dress pants, black eyeliner and lipstick, along with my heel-boots. I usually let my brown hair down so that it forms a natural curl, though.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #48
Vyvian Blackthorne

Good goth...My style of goth that I wear is either Romantic/Victorian attire (i.e. Poet Shirts, Coats, etc.) or Goth/Deathrock work (though rougly in the style of Andi Sexgang and Rozz Williams, mainly romanticized deathrock). Of course their are BDSM-type accessories I usually wear. I perfer tight black pants, such as Lip Services, just to give some specific names. Bauhaus, Siouxsie, or even DIY-ed Shirts=extra goth points .
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Old 06-28-2007, 02:50 PM   #49
heretoday_gonetomorrow

*Been a while guys, but no, I'm not new*

My style...is very strange. I make outfits with whatever is cheap and either black or white. All of my clothes are either hand-me-downs or from the thrift store pretty much. One day I'll look all preppy, the next day punk, and the next day...something else lol. Yeah, there isn't much time or money in the clothing department for me. I can't call my style goth, heck I'm mostly just a wanna be, that dreams of going "all out goth" when I have my own place and own money. Speaking of black lipstick Aroneet, anyone know where to get that?
heretoday_gonetomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #50
raineofblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaamDementia

If that was me in your place I'd look down and scream WHAT THE HELL!!? and then probably pass out....XD