Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-04-2005, 08:52 AM   #1
livetodie

Arrow charged with sexual harrassmnt

ONE OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS IS GAY.IT WAS LIKE THE SECOND DAY OF SCHOOL AND HE HADN'T COME TO 3RD PERIOD.SO IN 4TH I ASKED HIM WHAT WAS UP.WELL IT TURNS OUT OUR 2ND PERIOD TEACHER HAD SENT HIM TO THE OFFICE TO TALK TO THE POLICE OFFICER BECAUSE HE WAS MISSING WITH THIS GIRLS HAIr! :roll: I MEAN HES GAY AND COACH KNOWS THAT BUT HE STILL SENT HIM TO THE COP.THEN HE COULDN'T TELL THE PRICIPLE OR COP THAT HE WAS GAY CUZ THEN ALL TEACHERS AND STUFF WOULD KNOW AND WOULD TREAT HIM DIFFERENT OR AT LEAST THATS WHAT HE SAID COACH TOLD HIM.ITS SO FLIPPIN STUPID.I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE JUST DON'T TELL THEM AND GET IT OVER WITH.I SAY FORGET THE TEACHERS AND IF THEY DO START TREATIN HIM DIFFERENT I'D REPORT IT. THOUGHTS ANYONE. :-?
THE ONLY THING THAT GETS ME ABOUT HAVEING A GAY FRIEND IS WHEN HE FLIRTS WITH MY BF.ITS WIERD TO SEE A GUY FLIRTIN WITH ANOTHER GUY.BUT I DEAL
livetodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
Peter

You know, maybe there's a reason the mods get sick of new members.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:08 AM   #3
Fenris

1. Proper greetings are a must.

2. At least half-proper spelling and grammer are a must.

3. All caps is annoying.

Other than that, I do think the persecution of your homosexual friend is bullshit, but I really can't blame the school, especially if his percieved advances were unwelcome and/or verbally or physically protested.

You allready said that they don't know he's gay, sexually harassment suits become extremely ugly very fast and always reduce the credibility of the school. It is only natural and right that quell all such threats as soon as possible.

On another note, just because you don't enjoy it sexually doesnt' mean it's not sexual harrassment. Locker room teasing of late-blooming males certainly counts as sexual harrassment as much as anything else, and though I can't remember enough about the case I'm thinking of to provide a link, lawsuits have been filed over same sex sexual harrassment. By the same token, a homosexual male could very easily sexually harrass a female.
Fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:26 AM   #4
Peter

"One of my closest friends is gay. It was like the second day of school and he hadn't come to 3rd period. So in the 4th I asked him what was up. Well it turns out our 2nd period teacher had sent him to the office to talk to the police officer because he was messing with this girl’s hair! :roll: I mean he's gay and coach knows that but he still sent him to the cop. Then he couldn't tell the principal or cop that he was gay because then all the teachers and stuff would know and would treat him different or at least that's what he said the coach told him. It's so flipping stupid. I don't understand why he just doesn’t tell them and get it over with. I say forget the teachers and if they do start treating him different I’d report it. Thoughts anyone? :?:

The only thing that gets me about having a gay friend is when he flirts with my boyfriend. It's weird to see a guy flirting with another guy, but I deal."
Old 09-04-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
Bodnoirbabe

Wow. that really sucks, and i can understand your frustration. But, really, it's your friends decision on what battles he wants to fight. you can't do it for him, and if you do, you'll just make the situation worse and possibly damage your friendship in the process.

Just be there for your friend. Crack jokes about the situation. Make him feel better about it, not a loser for not fighting. Your friend has his reasons, and he told you them. you should respect that.

Incidently, who reported the sexual harrasment? The girl?
Bodnoirbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
You know, maybe there's a reason the mods get sick of new members.
i'm no mod, but i figured you'd get the point sooner or later. and it's not new MEMBERS that erode all attempts to accept new personalities - it's the sheer dumb-assery of a few.

patience only goes so far...
edible_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 02:06 AM   #7
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
i'm no mod, but i figured you'd get the point sooner or later. and it's not new MEMBERS that erode all attempts to accept new personalities - it's the sheer dumb-assery of a few.

patience only goes so far...
Well, if the shoe fits the Politics forum.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:33 AM   #8
edible_eye

Quote:
Well, if the shoe fits the Politics forum.
oh, i wasn't talking about you - if that's what you meant...

personally, i'm glad you showed up. it's been a while since someone with a somewhat opposing point of view was able to articulate it and, most importantly, stick to it.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:43 AM   #9
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
oh, i wasn't talking about you - if that's what you meant...

personally, i'm glad you showed up. it's been a while since someone with a somewhat opposing point of view was able to articulate it and, most importantly, stick to it.
If you really want to encourage more articulate people with opposing viewpoints, you'll have to stop the exaggerations and stick with fact and opinion - puts the dissenting view holders off and so they won't post there.

But we're making the thread go off topic.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:55 AM   #10
edible_eye

Quote:
If you really want to encourage more articulate people with opposing viewpoints, you'll have to stop the exaggerations and stick with fact and opinion - puts the dissenting view holders off and so they won't post there.

But we're making the thread go off topic.
this thread needs to go off topic.

i'm bull-headed, peter - especially when it comes to my political viewpoints. and i do stick to fact (whether or not one wants to accept those facts is a different matter) alongside a whopping dose of opinion... think op / ed of the new york times, except on the opposite end of the spectrum.

i know it takes a certain degree of fortitude to engage in a debate of political blah-blah-blah, but you've got your way about you. and there are other liberal-minded folks prowling about who venture in every now and then to drop their own two cents.

anyway, that's my two cents.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:51 AM   #11
MrMaelstrom

Two stubborn people butt heads and still stick to being polite and civil to each other.

It's disgusting, revolting behaviour and I want it stopped now.

Insults regarding the sexual track record of the opponents mother is how we resolve disputes here, capisce?
MrMaelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 04:42 AM   #12
edible_eye

heh. that's hot.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:33 PM   #13
FenrisQueen

I'll agree with the bald guy.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #14
livetodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodnoirbabe
Wow. that really sucks, and i can understand your frustration. But, really, it's your friends decision on what battles he wants to fight. you can't do it for him, and if you do, you'll just make the situation worse and possibly damage your friendship in the process.

Just be there for your friend. Crack jokes about the situation. Make him feel better about it, not a loser for not fighting. Your friend has his reasons, and he told you them. you should respect that.

Incidently, who reported the sexual harrasment? The girl?

he and the girl are friends,so she really didn't mind him missing with her hair.she told our second period teacher that,but he still reported him.
livetodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #15
Raven SilverWolf

this story makes me angry.
Raven SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 02:47 PM   #16
punkirony

Dammit livetodie! You spelling "messing" incorrectly in both of your posts is annoying the hell out of me! I do thank you for stopping your use of all caps, though.

Okay.....your friend has to stop being so afraid of how he'll be treated. Tell him that you will report any discrimination that teachers show to him. It'll make him a bit more comfortable.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:26 PM   #17
Black Gestalt

Uh, anyway, for your post, thats pretty shitty of them. So, he's gay but not out to the general public? Or what? Because why would people treat him differently? Unless you live somewhere thats somewhat shitty.

I have quite a few gay and lesbian friends, all of whom are very out and they are treated just like everyone else. Don't be wierded out by them hitting on your boyfriend, unless they arn't joking. I get hit on all the time by my gay friends, it's all good.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:09 PM   #18
Solumina

on a semi-related note a gay guy humped my leg the other day
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:06 AM   #19
NoneSuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gestalt
Uh, anyway, for your post, thats pretty shitty of them. So, he's gay but not out to the general public? Or what? Because why would people treat him differently? Unless you live somewhere thats somewhat shitty.

I have quite a few gay and lesbian friends, all of whom are very out and they are treated just like everyone else. Don't be wierded out by them hitting on your boyfriend, unless they arn't joking. I get hit on all the time by my gay friends, it's all good.
Believe me , in schools its difficult . Kids are biased and homophobic adult communitys and older teenagers understand but otherwise usually gay is used as an insult or something to joke about though im sure some peeps are more accpeting than others.
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:32 AM   #20
Jakadi

Oh my fucking god shut up!That is so pathetic of you to write some stupid shit like that.Sorry but.Is he GOING to jail?
Probly not..
Does he HAVE to tell everyone ANYWERE he moves,"I am a sexual preditor"
NO.Probly not.
Jakadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:52 AM   #21
Satan's Spawn

I kinda agree with Jakadi, what can we really do about it? If he doesn't wanna tell people he's gay, cus he's afraid of being treated differently, then it's really his problem, and he just have to get his act together and come out of the closet.
You really shouldn't worry about it.

... and how in hells name can you be reported to the police for messing with someones hair? and if he's gay, why's he messing with a girls hair, so much they call the police? somthing just isn't right here.

maybe I didn't get the thread, I dunno... *shrugg*
Satan's Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:33 PM   #22
angleangel_doom

Is this teacher a homophob who does this shit to get into the gay boys' pants somehow. It happened in my school about 5 years ago.
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:12 PM   #23
edible_eye

what's that, angle? a gay guy messed with a girl's hair and the police came but he didn't tell anyone he was gay because he didn't want to be treated any different by the kids in school, so a teacher tried to get in his pants? is that what happened in your school?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:48 PM   #24
Fenris

damn teachers trying to enlist the help of the police in order to get into homosexual students pants; i hear that's the third leading cause of teachers in students pants this year.
Fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:14 PM   #25
wikked

No... stop, you're going to make me laugh, and then I won't be goth anymore...
wikked is offline   Reply With Quote