Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:53 AM   #1
Raptor

Big Brother (TV)

Once again the cheap and mind numbing TV that is big brother has started. Last night I was at friends house, someone who, like so many people here, seems to love BB.

She wanted to watch it though so I thought I might as well give it a try again. It was as aweful as I remember. The presenter spent ages giving a tour of the house, "this is the cupboard". And then they brought in the contestants, or the girls at least, one at a time.

On the way in some facts about them were read out, including what their favourite cheese is. Yes because I always wanted to know the favourite dairy product of people whos lives are so interesting that they wish to lock themselves in a house with others who they'll end up hating, and be broadcast to an entire nation 24/7.

I really don't understand why people like it. Its not more interesting than real life, its a waste of time. I know its just a TV show so if I don't like it, I don't have to watch it, but I know that people will waste even more of their lives talking about it over the next... how ever many weeks it lasts for. Far too many.

I can't stand the people on it, I hate the fact that they try to get that extra conflict through the design of the house and the people they choose, but most of all I hate that the seeming majority of people will willing sit through hours of watching it.

That was longer than I intended, but it felt good.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
Valerius

I know how you feel. It is beyond me how people can indulge in such an idiotic TV program. Just trying to understand how people can sit through such garbage makes my head spin.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
Raptor

It really makes no sense. My friend said she watches for the psychology, to look at how the people interact and also to see how they reveal their true personalities over the course of their stay.
With cameras in the hot tub or swimming pool and in the showers, I don't think thats the sort of reason they were aiming for. Plus the contestants true personalities are no better than their fake ones.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
Caught

They are airing big brother here for third time now and now it's called "big brother: zero privacy". I hate it, hated it since it started years ago. Big brother is candy for the mainstream, you can see what kind of people they put in the house... If there was any psychology or intelligence in it I'd be first to watch it, but since it makes me so sick when I see it for a minute or so before my favo soap starts I guess I won't be watching it any time soon.
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
Raptor

Unfortunately we've got to number 8 here. Yep candy for the mainstream is a good way to put it. Two 18 year old blonde twins this year. But for some reason its stupidity also seems to affect people I wouldn't have expected.

Not to mention all the other programmes that will be on, Big Brother's Little Brother, Big Brothers Big Mouth, Big Brother On The Couch. Theres far too much of it.

I don't watch any soaps, but I don't mind them.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:11 PM   #6
biohazard

I have heard about this stupid show before, because my aunt used to watch it. I personally say that 99.99% of TV shows are a waste of time, I dislike watching TV and stopped watching it years ago. Do not watch that show, its evil.
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #7
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Here it became a real epidemia when it started some years ago, it seemed to be everywhere >_< but yes, it's idiotic and vulgar to the highest degree. "Candy for the mainstream". I guess their lives are so boring that they might look at others' boring lives so that they don't get bored. It's twisted LOL
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #8
Raptor

One of my teachers claims they put it on at this time of year because its around exam time and its easy to distract students from revision. Though I'd rather do the revision if I was that bored. Probably just my school trying to get us to work but he might be right.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #9
Valrys

My brother feels the need to constantly watch this, urgh, I have no idea how he does it.

I am quite proud in sticking firmly to my views of it being utter and total bollocks and have not watched more than a couple of minutes over the 8 series.

The fact that its not just the one show, but all the add-ons as well really annoys me, jeez, people are being smothered with big brother.
And, in the off chance that they might show something good, its knocked off/down the schedule for BB.

I think the only time BB could have been bearable or interesting was the first series, when it had some semblance of originality. Also, the guy who won it is from near where I live and he gave his winnings to a friend who needed an expensive operation IIRC, so it could be argued the 1st series was overall a positive force.
Valrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:33 PM   #10
Crying_Crimson_Tears

My step mother loves the show. Me personally, I can't stand it.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote