Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
Paper_Wings

A Thread For Anime

I'm just curious as to what kind of anime or manga people watch or read. I also thought some of you might have wanted to tell people about upcoming events(conventions, new movies/series,etc.), recomended shows or manga, websites, and any thing else others might find interesting or might want to know.

Some of my favorites are FMA, Trigun, Fooly Cooly, Naruto, Vampire Princess Miyu, Inuyasha, Ghost in the Shell, Rurouni Kenshin, Serial Experiment Lain, and many others. For some of you FMA fans, here's a link to a good website: http://notashrimp.com/. This is one for some avatars of anime: http://www.animeim.com/.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
Temptation

theres already an anime thread, just scroll down the page.

but just to comment, so you basically only like the anime you can find on tv.
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
Paper_Wings

Sorry. I guess I over looked it. Thanks for telling me...
Old 07-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
the_ink_bleeds_faster

There is to many for me name at the moment. My main two anime series I like are Ghost in the Shell and Inuyasha.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #5
malicexlacedxdreams

My main anime favs would be Inu-Yasha and Neon Genesis Evangelion. But for manga, I prefer Fruits Basket, Love Hina, and Hana Kimi.
malicexlacedxdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:35 AM   #6
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I like Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop. Fooly Cooly is cool too. There are some others, just I can't think of them all right now.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:15 AM   #7
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
Of course, my favorite anime of all time is Sailor Moon. (makes pretty good hentai, too...)

Right now, I've been getting into Yu Yu Hakusho and Naruto. I also occasionally get involved with Inuyasha as well, just for the bishounen (Sesshomaru ftw)
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #8
Veira

Eh. I used to like anime.. Mainly Fruits Basket, Lain, FLCL and Inuyasha. Granted, I did go to two conventions (Akon and AnimeFest). I got tired of it, though. Not to mention the fangirls/boys that constantly yell out a bunch of broken japanese are extremely annoying.
Veira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #9
VladiSan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veira
Eh. I used to like anime.. Mainly Fruits Basket, Lain, FLCL and Inuyasha. Granted, I did go to two conventions (Akon and AnimeFest). I got tired of it, though. Not to mention the fangirls/boys that constantly yell out a bunch of broken japanese are extremely annoying.
I hate fags that yell out japanese words and don't even know what they mean. They just heard them of some show and think it'd be cool to yell em out...I'd punch them in the face if I heard someone do it again.
VladiSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #10
Topaz

My favourite anime are:
Gravitation, Gakuen Heaven, Fruits Basket, Yami no Matsuei and I recently found myself watching the subbed version of naruto which I'm finding to be quite fun. I daren't watch any dubbed anime. It makes me feel sick, the voices are usually so annoying. I like other titles as well but they have currently escaped my mind and most are shounen ai anyway.

unfortunately I've never been to any anime conventions, mostly because we don't have many over here in the UK (that i know of) and because they're quite far away from me.
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #11
Jupetta

I'd recommend Inuyasha as an animé to watch... but Pokémon (where i had taken my username from) is also cool despite its populariaed image as a kiddie show. ;P
Jupetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:13 AM   #12
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Ha ha, I used to watch Pokemon all the time when I was younger. I had cards and toys and the whole nine yards. It was pretty bad. *Laughs* I also had taking a liking to Digimon. That was cool too. But then they got all weird and stuff and I couldn't keep up, so I got tired of watching it.

Right now though I like Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Big O, and Cowboy Bebop.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #13
Delkaetre

Any UK people that fancy an anime con, you could try Q-Con, usually takes place in July in Belfast. It has an anime section, a LAN gaming section, some tabletop gaming tourneys, etc. Just a really good geek-fest! I was working at it this year, it was fun.
Anime- Evangelion, Cowboy BeBop, Escaflowne (movie and series)
Manga- Demon Diary, Wolf's Rain, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Legal Drug
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #14
xBlood-Rosex

My favorite anime's are Hellsing, Azumanga Daioh, Excel Saga, Gravitation, and Chrono Crusade. I go to one convention every year near NYC. Its in June and its called AnimeNext and lasts 3 days so I go with my friends and we stay at a hotel.
xBlood-Rosex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #15
Geoluhread

Hell, I`m resurrecting this thing.

Darker than black is really awesome once you understand what it`s about =P -i went to wikipedia xD-
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #16
Lord Whiskerton

Animes I have seen: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vampire Knight, Death Note, Lucky Star, Karin, Chobits, Naruto, Ouran High School Host Club, Rozen Maiden, Galaxy Angel, Spirited Away, InuYasha, Howl's Moving Castle, Fate/Stay Night, Chi's Sweet Home, Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit, Code Geass, Soul Eater, Aishiteruze Baby, Azumanga Daioh, Chrono Crusade, Kuroshitsuji, 5 centimeters per second, Ani*Kuri15, He is my master , Final Fantasy: The Last Order, K-ON!, Special A, Paprika, Zoids, the Digimon Series, Saikano, Full Metal Alchemist, and a bit of Elfen Lied

Second Account that I doubt I'll be using: MiladyMalice
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #17
Geoluhread

Elfen Lied, the anime sucked comparing to the manga.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 09-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #18
Sendo

Hey, at my school we have an Anime club and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what to bring in that we can watch. Our members tend to like action, adventure, fantasy, sci-fi and comedy, but things about school girls rarely goes well. The anime can't have nudity (our rule is that girls can't show their nipples and anything "worse" than that is out of the question). We also try to stay away from things like Naruto, Bleach and InuYasha. Any suggestions?

My personal favorites are Hellsing, Rozen Maiden, Witchblade and Petshop of Horrors.
Sendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #19
Duane

Speaking of manga... I really really want to create my own.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #20
ShadowxMakerZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendo View Post
Hey, at my school we have an Anime club and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what to bring in that we can watch. Our members tend to like action, adventure, fantasy, sci-fi and comedy, but things about school girls rarely goes well. The anime can't have nudity (our rule is that girls can't show their nipples and anything "worse" than that is out of the question). We also try to stay away from things like Naruto, Bleach and InuYasha. Any suggestions?

My personal favorites are Hellsing, Rozen Maiden, Witchblade and Petshop of Horrors.
Why not check out Noir? after the first 2 episodes I was hooked.
ShadowxMakerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #21
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendo View Post

I'm just going to keep directing people here until someone actually watches it and tells me how awesome it was.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #22
ShadowxMakerZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I'm just going to keep directing people here until someone actually watches it and tells me how awesome it was.
That Medicine seller was fking awesome! Everyones like WTFFF.
Demon!
ShadowxMakerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #23
I_Zik

My personal favorites I keep in the "classics" section of fond memories are Ghost in the Shell, Hellsing, Trigun, Serial Experiments lain (I'm pretty fond of the collective consciousness theme), Texhnolyze, Death Note, Perfect Blue, Blood the Last Vampire. And others I enjoyed greatly were Gunslinger Girl, Noir, Paranoia Agent, Trinity Blood, Fooly Cooly, X, Code Geass, Desert Punk, Ergo Proxy, Devil May Cry, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gun X Sword, Last Exile, Witch Hunter Robin, Betterman, Darker Than Black, I have Fate Stay Night, but I haven't seen more than the first episode. And there are many I haven't seen yet...
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #24
Geoluhread

I finished Darker Than Black. Though I really couldn`t understand anything at the end, I loved it.

Watching Claymore right now.
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 09-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #25
I_Zik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
I finished Darker Than Black. Though I really couldn`t understand anything at the end, I loved it.
It's really better (at least for me) sometimes to look up the anime on Wikipedia because sometimes it's just so damn confusing. Darker Than Black was a perfect example of it. I could have put 2 and 2 together while watching, but not nearly as much as Wiki helped me.
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote