Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
Decadently_Xanadu

Xanadu's 'Decadent' Introduction (I do love that word!)

I realize it would be oh so original to post something completely alien to the questions set as models that is equally or even more interesting...but I won't!

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Well, I breathe and eat and all that usual stuff...apart from that I am apparently a student, although I spend hardly any time studying. I love reading, listening to music and writing, and I spend way too much time on the internet -_-' I also sleep till very late in the day (and wish Armand's 'Night Island' really existed) and my dreamworld is quite intense...I love clubbing (in the right places!) and going to gigs as well. Also love spending time alone with my thoughts, taking pictures of beautiful things and being around nature, especially forests.

2. Where are you from?
I was born - and live in - London. My dad is Spanish (from Galicia, hooray!) and my mum is Colombian.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Anne Rice, J.R.R. Tolkien, Romantic poets like Shelley and Blake, Poe, Michael Ende. I mostly read anything that looks interesting, without having to be by any particular author. Surreal imagery appeals to me greatly, and mostly fantasy, some horror and sci-fi.

4. What are your favorite films?
Silent Hill (the atmosphere in that ghost town is exactly like some places' in my dreams), The Matrix (all three), Lord of The Rings (again, all three), Amelie, The Company of Wolves, The Craft, Addams Family Values, the Sixth Sense and almost all Tim Burton films.
Also something I notice is that I haven't watched half as many films as most people. I've lived inside my own mind for too long, hehe.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I haven't really put much thought into a wedding, since I am at the moment too preoccupied with my own independence and I am not in love...I think I will have to think about this for a bit!

6. At your funeral?
I thought 'Sonne' by Rammstein...only then I read the lyrics and they don't seem to fit. But I love the atmosphere in the music and the haunting female voice in the chorus...If not it'd have to be anything by My Dying Bride.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Heh, keeping up with the stereotypes are we? ^_^ I don't deny I am interested in the topic! I want to die in a strange way, like abducted and experimented on by aliens. I think the best way is to take one's own life though, shows ultimate control over one's existence. Bleeding to death in a bath tub is cliche but has a kind of sweetness to it... However I have too much of a thirst for life right now to consider it any time soon!

8. What kind of casket would you want?
A black one carved with a Renaissance brocade pattern on the outside and lined with rich, deep dark blue velvet on the inside. Who knows, I might see it from another dimension...

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I have too many!!!! Umm if I have to choose I say my long at the back short at the front black lace skirt with a random velvet top with Medieval sleeves and big buckly boots. I love garter belts and stockings too!

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Feeling superior to everyone else (hah, I bet I sound really arrogant here!). Most people have caught up with me now!

11. What's your favorite band?
My Dying Bride. Forever! No other band inspires me like they do, though I have many more favourites: Rammstein, The Sins of Thy Beloved, And One, Helium Vola, VNV Nation, Macbeth, System of a Down, The Cruxshadows, Sisters of Mercy, Dead Can Dance, Virgin Black...

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm currently at university studying English Literature as a major and Creative Writing as a minor. I love it at the moment!

13. Why did you join?
I would like to get talking to people who share similar interests and views on life as me, since I don't have many like-minded friends. I want to expand my social circle and maybe find people to go clubbing with or for graveyard picnics!

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female
Decadently_Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:31 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Hi, I'm curious about your name. Are you and Orson Welles fan?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #3
PersephoneX

welcome...
i like the way you wrote your introduction...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:04 AM   #4
DarkHeartedDemoness

I love the word "decadent" too!!! I should've put it in my username...

I also love "copacetic" and "jaded".
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:15 AM   #5
xxkissxmexgoodbye

HELLO!! welcome.. here you will find and array of odd games.. i made up the poke game.. you should come play... i know it will be a smashing hit!! hehehehe!! my name is Yuki-San by the way... nice to meet you
xxkissxmexgoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote