Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Opteron_Man

My painfull nose piercing

This afternoon, I went to have my nose pierced at a shop at the mall. I went in and laid 60 bucks for it. She did it on the right side. I was more painful then my eyebrow or my lip. Still fun. The pain throbbed all over the right side of my face so I went to dairy queen to get a strawberry shake. When I walked onto the sidewalk, I put the cold drink against my nose to sooth it with the coolness, well I caught the piercing with the drink lid and the
BLOOD POURED! I got blood all over the sidewalk and my shoes! I hesitantly went back in for help afraid of grossing people out.

There was a very kind lady there getting icecream and she came to the rescue and helped my wipe my face off and make me feel better. The amount of blood was surprising!
She said she had three kids and blood is nothing to be afraid of. I thanked her for her kindness and I apologized to the staff behind the counter. The girls behind the counter were totally grossed out! I left and went to the bus depot to go home.

Unfortunately, in the process of getting my damage under control, I lost my bus transfer slip and had to rifle though my pockets for change.
The asshole bus driver gave me some shit for not having it ready and I said sorry my nose was bleeding and I must have lost it in the process. The fucker said something about "we all have crosses to carry" or something like that!
The bus was coming in to the bus station for a ten minute break. He was irritated because I had delayed HIM by 10 seconds or less! I didn't delay the bus or anyone else from leaving, I had delayed only him mere seconds! When the break was over, and the bus started moving I was sitting there like a robot not wanting to disturb my nose and gush blood in front of the little kids sitting in front of me.
Remember, my face is covered in dried blood at that time. I think I looked like a shot up and beaten terminator. When I got off at the stop nearest to my house (the asshole overshot the mark and missed the stop!) I turned to the driver and I said very icily that I was sorry for delaying him seven seconds. I think I heard him mumble under his breath for me to fuck off.

Some of the most impolite, crude, rude people I have met have been right here in the stupid pathetic town of Sault Ste Marie!

In all the cities and towns I have lived in and visited, I have never seen and met the kind of antisocial gruff, rude, bland, and scrappy characters in my life!
I was delight by that woman’s kindness and I thanked her politely.

Here two photos of the pseudo diamond stud that was put in. Along with the damage. I hope there is not an anchor inside my nostril that I wrenched off. I didn't see the thing before the lady put it in so I don’t know if the fitting is like an earring.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0436.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0437.jpg
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
Opteron_Man

On the lighter side, I got my new glasses! I just replaced the wrecked piercing on my lip with a fresh new one! That was after the photos were taken.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
KontanKarite

Batting a thousand are we? Damn.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
Breathless Horror

Wow...bad day there. It looks pretty good though!

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
honeythorn

Aren't you in Canada O.M? I am not great at currency but..if $60 in Canada is roughly the same as in the US then....you have paid about £25-30 for a nose piercing. That is outrageously expensive. Was it a jewellers you had it pierced at or a piercing studio? Seriously, that is quite a lot for a nose piercing. Mine was only £10 in a studio. You seem to be paying out a lot for things (thinking of the arm warmer thread )

Best thing to do with that is bathe it in saltwater. It'll sting but salt is a good cleanser and works very well with piercings. From the pictures it looks like you've ripped in a downward curve is that right? Or is it just dry blood there?

You seem to have a couple of options. Either leave the stud in and bathe with saltwater and antiseptic around it GENTLY. Or take the stud out , allow the area to heal over and get the other side done instead.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Aren't you in Canada O.M? I am not great at currency but..if $60 in Canada is roughly the same as in the US then....you have paid about £25-30 for a nose piercing. That is outrageously expensive. Was it a jewellers you had it pierced at or a piercing studio? Seriously, that is quite a lot for a nose piercing. Mine was only £10 in a studio.
I'm afraid Honeythorn is right my friend. If I hopped a bus downtown to Planet Ink, they offer two ring piercings for $65. You got ripped.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Aren't you in Canada O.M? I am not great at currency but..if $60 in Canada is roughly the same as in the US then....you have paid about £25-30 for a nose piercing. That is outrageously expensive. Was it a jewellers you had it pierced at or a piercing studio? Seriously, that is quite a lot for a nose piercing. Mine was only £10 in a studio. You seem to be paying out a lot for things (thinking of the arm warmer thread )

Best thing to do with that is bathe it in saltwater. It'll sting but salt is a good cleanser and works very well with piercings. From the pictures it looks like you've ripped in a downward curve is that right? Or is it just dry blood there?

You seem to have a couple of options. Either leave the stud in and bathe with saltwater and antiseptic around it GENTLY. Or take the stud out , allow the area to heal over and get the other side done instead.
I am in Canada. I would sell my soal to live in The United States.
Everything here in this place is expensive. I know I over paid because I get the same lady to do it and she does a nice job. No that is dried blood. it is still tight. Thankies for the compliment.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #8
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
I'm afraid Honeythorn is right my friend. If I hopped a bus downtown to Planet Ink, they offer two ring piercings for $65. You got ripped.
Hey it's Canada. Everything has expensive prices and are cheaply made. That is one of the MANY reasons why Canada rubs me in the wrong direction.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #9
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
Wow...bad day there. It looks pretty good though!
Thank you Breathless Horror for the compliment!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #10
KontanKarite

United States isn't much better...

Old 07-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #11
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I don't personally don't have any experience with piercings, but my daughter tells me all about them, she has pierced tongue, nose, ears, navel and what else I don't want to know, but she did tell me that the nose has blood vessels though out and an experienced place will have someone who knows how to avoid the vessels and nerves too. Did you happen to ask how many that person had done before you? Maybe you were their first!

Oh, and dude, love the new hair. You look completely different from when you first joined Gnet.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #12
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
United States isn't much better...
I hear the medical system blows. But you know what the U.S has that Canada lacks KontanKarite?

GUTS!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #13
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
I don't personally don't have any experience with piercings, but my daughter tells me all about them, she has pierced tongue, nose, ears, navel and what else I don't want to know, but she did tell me that the nose has blood vessels though out and an experienced place will have someone who knows how to avoid the vessels and nerves too. Did you happen to ask how many that person had done before you? Maybe you were their first!

Oh, and dude, love the new hair. You look completely different from when you first joined Gnet.
No, I didn't ask. I guess I should have. Thankies for the compliment on my hair! It is much longer, allmost to my shoulders! I love it! Thick and flowing in the wind!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #14
Underwater Ophelia

A nose piercing really shouldn't bleed like that.

Did she pierce it with a piercing gun?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #15
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
I hear the medical system blows. But you know what the U.S has that Canada lacks KontanKarite?

GUTS!

Have you lived here? What are you implying?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:26 AM   #16
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man

GUTS!
Dude, you know you are picking a fight, eh? Where are your "guts" when it comes to your neighbor who borrows and breaks your bicycle?

I have been to Canada many times, from Regina to Vancouver and I can tell you Canadians have guts. They golf in winter, go jogging in 30 degrees below zero weather and built and enjoy cities in places that gives me frostbite just thinking about.

And their women have some of the prettiest looking guts I have ever seen!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:31 AM   #17
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Let's stay on topic please.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:46 AM   #18
Opteron_Man

Quote:
I am implying that the United States is great!
I have been there, but I can't say that I lived there. I liked it and I am annoyed by people who put down the U.S.

I think along these terms. The United States has NASA, a huge advanced space program. What does Canada have? The United States has drumed out marvolous inventions one after the other after the other. Canada didn't even produce the first nuclear reaction, an American did!
The United States has the powerfull ability to defend themselves and they have powerfull allys. If we suddenly went to war with the U.S, who will help us? Their national anthem is strong and powerfull, Canada's I think is limp and weak. Where did the modern AC electrical distrobution system come from? An American!

I am not putting down everything because it is the morning and I am still tired.

I wish I could live there. I love the United States of America and nobody can stop me.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:51 AM   #19
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Dude, you know you are picking a fight, eh? Where are your "guts" when it comes to your neighbor who borrows and breaks your bicycle?

I have been to Canada many times, from Regina to Vancouver and I can tell you Canadians have guts. They golf in winter, go jogging in 30 degrees below zero weather and built and enjoy cities in places that gives me frostbite just thinking about.

And their women have some of the prettiest looking guts I have ever seen!
HumanePain, I have no guts when it comes to jail veterans with huge violent crime records. I have stood up to and fought bigger men but an altercation with a character like him will result in an unceremonious stabbing or shooting of yours truly.
He is an animal in survival mode. He has learned to be that way to live though the day.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:56 AM   #20
Opteron_Man

I think I should tone down on my Canada bashing. All I know is that the prices of everything here are sky high, I have met some of the rudest, gruff, rough, scrappy, lowbrow people and they have all been here in Sault Ste Marie. I sure hope the whole contry is not like this.
But I will never see the day when Canada launches a rocket to the moon and builds a colony there.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:58 AM   #21
Opteron_Man

Okay, I think I will shut the fuck up before I get myself in trouble and provoke a huge Opteron bashing fight!
Old 07-07-2008, 06:18 AM   #22
Raptor

The price you paid is about the same as the tatoo and piercing place in my town. They have a minimum £25 charge and depending what you have done it can be quite a lot more.

You said everyone is nasty but that someone helped you out nicely, so it was actually just the bus driver this time? And while it was nasty of him to be angry in the first place, I think a lot of people would be pissed off if you apologised by saying "sorry I delayed you by seven seconds" in an icy voice.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:31 AM   #23
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
The price you paid is about the same as the tatoo and piercing place in my town. They have a minimum £25 charge and depending what you have done it can be quite a lot more.

You said everyone is nasty but that someone helped you out nicely, so it was actually just the bus driver this time? And while it was nasty of him to be angry in the first place, I think a lot of people would be pissed off if you apologised by saying "sorry I delayed you by seven seconds" in an icy voice.
I was greatfull for the woman's kindness. I thanked her for it.
Sure, I was refering the driver. But I have encountered countless assholes like him in the Sault before. I was just shocked to be burned when I was at my most vulnerable state. I was standing there with a handfull of blood soaked napkins and a face covered with dryed blood, and the jerk gives me a scolding for delaying him by seconds from getting off the bus and into his break time? I need to have it ready? Holy shit! I am not holding up an airliner here! He deserved the my icyness! I don't give a shit if he wants to be petty and picky about having to be delayed seconds from going and scarfing down a dohnut during his break!

Maybe he was on my case because he knew I was goth and the black clothes I was wearing. I have heard nasty stories here of bus drivers who give goths a hard time.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #24
Mir

The grass always looks greener on the other side.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #25
dabbadmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
The grass always looks greener on the other side.
Unless the other side is experiencing a drought.

On topic, what an ass of a bus driver! We have plenty of shitty bus drivers in my town too. My friend was getting off the bus and the driver drove on before she had even reached the pavement, and she stumbled to the ground. Pffft.

Also, once the blood clears up I think it'll look great. I love your glasses, too! They make you look very grown up haha.

Finally, Canada is probably my favourite country outside of Ireland. I have relatives over there, and I visit there every summer. The people I have met are very lovely! So I've yet to meet the kind of people you are referring to. You always get bad eggs!
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote