Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:09 AM   #51
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountSixstring
MCR is a good band. People judge people by image alone here and it's fucking retarded sometimes. They are NOT emo, and they never were. Do any of you even know what Emo is? God some of you are fucking retarded. I'm glad someone on this thread has some sense. Drac was right, this site is full of weaboos who read wikipedia and think they know everything. Im glad Vyvian made another one. MCR never was Emo. Their music has no hints of emo at all. I garuantee that every one of you who labled them as emo have no idea about anything and probably don't even know your shit from your piss. FYI, MCR's opening band for the Black Parade tour was MUSE not some emo band. If you think Muse is emo, go rot in a corner, please. Emo is shit like Bright Eyes and The Academy is. NOT My Chemical Romance. Research your shit before you decide to let it fall out of your mouth. Dumbass.
I clearly stated what emo is a number of posts back. Do I need to repeat myself?
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:12 AM   #52
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Mori
Ok they aren't classified as emo but emo's relate to them...so that makes them rock, punk, emo
Sorry but it doesn't work that way. By that measure, Flock of Seagulls and Madonna are goth, because a lot of goths like them.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #53
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountSixstring
Emo is shit like Bright Eyes and The Academy is. NOT My Chemical Romance. Research your shit before you decide to let it fall out of your mouth. Dumbass.
Bright Eyes is folk, dude.
Whiny ass lyrics do not an emo band make- were that the case, Kelly Clarkson would be emo.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #54
Underwater Ophelia

let's all just forget this and listen to Amy Winehouse.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #55
CountSixstring

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
I clearly stated what emo is a number of posts back. Do I need to repeat myself?
Obviously so my good friend, because a number of people don't get it, they just want to talk shit and do that gothier than thou thing. I wish people would spend less time criticizing everything that ISN'T goth all the damn time and spread the goth love XD haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Bright Eyes is folk, dude.
Whiny ass lyrics do not an emo band make- were that the case, Kelly Clarkson would be emo.
No, wrong. I never said that whiny lyrics makes stuff emo. Bright Eyes is emo, they say it themselves and I actually like them. As far as hating emo, I really don't care to hate it or love it, some of those bands are fucking lame though. Bright eyes does play folk music, but they're an emo band. Robert Smith plays soul music, reggae, blues, new wave, hard rock, and dispises a lot of goth rock. Last time I checked, everyone STILL calls him goth. Not bashing you or anything, but that part is solid.

FYI, the ones I stated aren't the ONLY emo bands because it's a genre, there are more than two examples.
CountSixstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #56
luvPINKxoxo

Who cares. Emo and Gerard way are shit.
luvPINKxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:55 PM   #57
luvPINKxoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Mori
Ok, MCR is more like a punk, emo band...they aren't goth...i personally love them, but if anything were to be said they are not and don't think they are goth. they know they are punk, emo and they are proud of it.
Plus Gee would never allow them to become something they are not, he just not like that!

-Memento Mori
Oh please fucking kill me
"THEY KNOW THEY ARE PUNK"
Yeah...no.
My Chemical Romance is Mall punk.
Get that straight.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #58
luvPINKxoxo

MY GOD NONE OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING.
BRIGHT EYES ISN'T EMO.
REAL EMO MUSIC IS SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE AND STUFF LIKE THAT. AND I DON'T KNOW EVANESCENSE.
Christ.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #59
luvPINKxoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
EMO is fine. This depressing, self pitying indie that you all call emo is shit. My chemical romance isn't emo. It's unreasonably whiney at times but it isn't emo. The only good emo band I know (well emo-punk) is Yellowcard.

I hope you aren't calling mcr indie.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #60
thedoll

MCR members are really attractive. ok... kinda attractive... ok... look nice in air brushed photos...

damn, trying to be positive.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #61
Mollins

I only know REAL emo bands because they're majot influences on my favourite band, that's bands like (as previously mentioned) Sunny Day Real estate, fugazi, etc.

I have no problem with real emo - ie post hardcore.

The shit now being touted as emo is a shitty pop-punk riff with the worst lyrics a 9 year old mall-goth could come up with sang in an annoying whiney/screamo/quiet voice.
Mollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #62
(heartofflames)

omfg. i finally found people that aren't dissing me because i like Murderdolls, Metallica, and MCR at the same time
(heartofflames) is offline   Reply With Quote