Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
DL Winters

Greetings and Hello's...

I'm Winters. Newly joined and giving my introductions to you all.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I work as a game advisor at a local Gamestop, and am a cosmetology grad, as well as an aspiring author and photographer.

2. Where are you from?

Originally, I am from Lawton, OK though I currently reside in Northern Louisiana where I have spent the last half of a decade.

3. Who is your favorite author?

If I had to pic from the many that I love, I would have to say my favorite would be Francesca Lia Block. I love Anne Rice and H.P. Lovecraft, and Poppy Z. inspires such feelings of yumminess and various twitches, but there's something about Block's writing. A way all of her books seem to paint a portrait that is similar in ways to a memory, or a character and I seem to be kindred that has always drawn me in so deeply into her worlds.

4. What are your favorite films?

Off the top of my head, my favorite films would have to be...Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Y Tu Mama Tambien, Closer, Lost In Translation, Garden State, Candyman, Blair Witch 2: Book of Esrever, The Craft, Moonchild, and the Chakushin Ari series. Most anything directed by Pang brothers, and Takashi Miike is well loved also.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

If I were to wed again, I'd want something more grand and fantastical. Outdoors with dew, and greenery. Dancing and drinking and dancing like a big party or festival, and delightful songs by the cure, and some ballads by VNV Nation.

6. At your funeral?

Music wise? I'd like to think if say something like Dashboard Confessional played, it would inspire a few chuckles. I'd also hope my corpse would inspire a necrophilac thought or two.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

In the throes of passion in a murder suicide with a mentally unhinged lover. Or maybe just an "accidental" death from pushing our boundaries too far.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Something comfortable, velvet interior, a dark red or purple. Soft and warm.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

I have these CMF's I rarely ever wear, but love too, a collar with a huge D ring, and a pair of trip shorts that hang just a ways past the boots, and a really warm long sleeve with little thumb holes, and chains off the ends, and little spikes on the shoulders. I wore it to see Dir en Grey and the Birthday Massacre in concert, and to a few other joyous occassions.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Limitless possibilities

11. What's your favorite band?

the Smashing Pumpkins

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I am a cosmetology grad, and will be going back to get my Estheticians license next year. In the near future I plan to get a degree in Studio Photography, and in Creative Writing.

13. Why did you join?

To network. To speak to and meet like minded individuals with similar interest, who possibly share my enthusiasm for Japanese horror films, dark comedies, survival horror games, and the Shin Megami Tensei series, coffee, erotica, and H.P. Lovecraft.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I am male.
DL Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
DL Winters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
Thank you for the welcome.
I believe I will.
DL Winters is offline   Reply With Quote