Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
BLEED REBELION!!!

Fathers?

I was wondering if it’s just me and most of the people I know or is it everyone?

It seems like most people don’t know their fathers or their dads suck. All I’ve seen is dead beat dads or jail birds etc.

Almost all my friends are in the same place as me when it comes to dads.

Examples:

Friend #1: He doesn’t know his "real" dad but he does have a step father. His mom is getting a divorce, because the step dad got caught with a hooker. (His mom is crazy as well)

Friend #2: Her dad is a efffing pedophile (she’s trying to press charges) ( she now lives with her mom) Her dad is in some other country with his 19 year old wife.

Friend # 3 never met his dad.

And of course my father: He’s rotting in some jail cell (he has life). And know my mom wants me to go see him. I really don’t want to he’s a crazy bastard and I’ve gotten this far with out him why go see him know. (he can burn in hell hi deserves as much)

So is it just me and the people I know or are all the dads like this?

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
BLEED REBELION!!!

Opps I just read that and there are a few typos sorry.

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-13-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
Linen

There are a lot out there I suppose, but I'm the only one of my friends who doesn't have a relationship with her father. Though a lot of my friends who have babies don't have the father around either because they're assholes.

My parents divorced at 3 because my dad didn't want to work unless he was self-employed, but he never made enough money that way. He was basically a bum and wouldn't spend his money wisely. He never EVER paid child support, and I've only seen him TWICE since the divorce (that's over 21 years ago).

I saw him once when I was 9, and once when I was 17. Both were for just a few days. I realized what a narcistic jerk he could be when I was 17. He hardly ever called, but when he did (or when he wrote letters) it would be all this self-pity, crying, acting like a baby, and all about mememememe. He never bothered to ask how MY life was going, and he'd lose track of how old I was. I haven't been in any kind of contact with him now in 7 years. He doesn't know what city I live in, nor does he have my phone #. He's in another state somewhere, as usual, and he moves frequently.

My mom thinks he's Bipolar or something similar. He can act like a baby and throw temper-tantrums over the dumbest things.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
KontanKarite

My dad is not bad. But, there's the simple misunderstandings and the few things that's gone on that I don't really care to expose right now.

We're pretty much on neutral grounds with the acknowledgment that we love each other. But we simply can NOT understand each other. It's a clash of opinions and a weird kind of past. I try to keep the contact minimal at best.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
Dancing_in_rain

I still live with my parents and I get along with my dad pretty well. He gives me hot chocolate in the morning, which is always sure to win me over.

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #6
maggot

My dad is my favorite parent. He's smarter and wiser than my mother, and more "evened out." He controls himself far better, too.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #7
BLEED REBELION!!!

I think my opinion on fathers "sucking" has spilled over into my thoughts on men in general.
Thats a very bad thing........

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #8
Clockwork

Possibly, but not necessarily. Two close people I know have absolute no-accounts for fathers. One was sexually abusive and was sent to prison, and the other is just a drunken, negligent bastard.

And not that my own father's a bad person, but he isn't the most responsible either. My parents have been divorced since I was a tot, and since then I haven't seen him for more than a few weeks a year because he still hasn't gotten around to moving to our state though he's been saying he would for ages.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #9
Shyantra

My dad and I are practically 'best buds'. My mom and me constantly fight, so if I have a problem or something, I am more likely to go to my dad than my mom. And of course he taught me how to drift and drive a stick.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #10
Saddiction

I don't know if my dad is even still alive. That's how insignificant he is to me.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #11
Valerius

I live with my mom, like my sister. This has been the case since I was 8 years old, after my mom left my dad because of his being a narcistic, selfish, controlling, egotistical bastard. I see him maybe once a month, but only because I feel sorry for him. But when my sister and I do visit him, his only intent is to parade us around his relatives and compare us to their children, our cousins.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 PM   #12
mrs.wes straker

A lot of people have fathers. A lot don't. Some people have great dads, some have terrible ones, and no one's dad is perfect. People are imperfect. The father no longer being HOH is part of society's breakdown.

The worst part of it, I think, is that children are so critical of their parents, but becoming their parents is so hard to avoid.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:20 PM   #13
Heatherzilla

I feel lucky. I generally get along with my family pretty well.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:35 PM   #14
DarkGentleman

Ah, interesting topic here. My father was my favorite person because he understood me but not all times. Done a great job even thought I may have not always agreed with him. He was supportive about my sewing interests, hell he would give me his credit card and let me get what fabrics or stuff I needed (NOT what I wanted). Hanging out with him here and there was great. Now we live different cities and we chat online with webcam.

Way back in my teenage years, I had a step father, who was a racist and a pervert. He did hit me and dislocated my shoulder a few times. He also molested my brother and had bi-sexual affairs behind my mother's back. I caught my step-father sexually assulting my brother and tried to tell my mother. My mother TOTALLY refused to listen to me and accused me of trying to ruin her marriage with him. I hated my mother this for many years because of this sick old fart.

By then I was asked to live with my father, life was better but I ended leaving my brother behind, because he wanted to stay with my mother. I tried to convince him to live with our father but he refused. Later on, about 1990, He was dying from cancer, B.S.!!! I think it was something else. why else was my mother getting certain tests done. Mind you, she found she has nothing, whew.
The last words I told him in his face just before he died was "F*** YOU". I NEVER shed a tear at his funeral, hell I wanted to laugh my ass off. Afterwards when my mother placed his urn (ashes inside), I took a handful, went to the bathroom. I am sure you all get the idea what I did after that, then I simply flushed it and yelled out in the house "REVENEGE IS SO F****** SWEET!!!".
My father and my grandmother thought it was sooooo damn funny.

Please forgive me if it sounded like I disrespected the dead here, but this is one dead sorry-assed f*** I will never forgive or pay my respects to.

NOW I got that off my chest, whew.

Funny that about 4 yrs ago, my mother came to me and my brother and asked for forgiveness. Now she realized she should have gotten rid of my step-father after I tried telling her. I forgave her, but I couldn't forget.

I will share this with everyone in Gnet here. I am a father of 2 teenagers, I have one son(15) and one daughter(14). Unfortunetly they don't live with me and they have separate mothers.

I do see my daughter very often and I do pay my child support and never missed a payment.

For my son, well I just met him about 4 yrs ago now, because his mother didn't tell me about him after all these years until now, but that's another story. It hurt like hell knowing that I missed out 10 yrs of the boy's life and his mother did explain why she didn't tell me, so all's forgiven now. I just have to do my best on being a father for them both.

They think it's cool having a Goth Dad, LOL
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:48 AM   #15
Vako

My biological father was a lowlife who left my mother and I while I was still a wi little tot. During elementary school my mother dated, had several failed marriages, then finally met a quality man who could put up with her 'personality'. He went through the legal process of adopting me. My stepdad, as I choose to refer to him as, fulfilled the function of a real father. I consider him to be my real dad. I grew to love him (as much as I was capable at that time), admire him, and trust him. Oh, he had his flaws, and he made some emotionally/psychologically abusive mistakes along the way, but for the most part, he was a good father to me. We keep in (purposefully limited) contact to this day and I hope to continue maintaining contact. He has since divorced my mother. Let's just say he 'woke up' and "liberated' himself from her 'ways'. He has since remarried to a new wife and has fathered 2 daughters of his own.

I respect my stepdad. he was the male role-model that a person needs growing up. Better late than never. He instilled ethics, values, and integrity in me. He did a good job.

My mother on the other hand...

That's a whole nother story.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #16
Minyaliel

I never got to know my father because he never wanted to know me. The last time I saw him was in Germany nine years ago. That's a part of my life I do not usually remember, except in my nightmares.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:29 AM   #17
maggot

Just for the record, I think my dad thinks I'm gay.

One time we were watching TV, and it was a show about a gay dude coming out, and he said "You can tell me, Skyler."

xD

He may have been joking, though. We have dry senses of humor.

But again, my dad is one cool cat.
I have pictures of him from college with bongs.

In the goddamn 80s
http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...e/davepunk.jpg

My mom says he's an "alternative dad" :P
Old 04-14-2007, 09:37 AM   #18
Vyvian Blackthorne

He looks like he rocks. I envy you, Skyler Maggot. My father used to beat me.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:31 AM   #19
whispertwist

My dad has always been there for me. He and my mom recently celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.

I know this is not the usual situation; I remember my daughter complaining when she was in grade school that she only had one set of parents. She wanted to be like all her friends. *rolleyes*
whispertwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:32 AM   #20
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
I have to agree! I would say he owns, but you own more. I can see where you got your hair from.
You are indeed a lucky son Mag.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #21
maggot

Yep.

Once I'm 16, in half a year, I'll be able to choose which parent I live with. I'm thinking of moving in with him, if he's okay with it.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #22
Haunted House

My dad is pretty kick-ass. I also think that he and my step-mom (who I also love to no end) are secretly goth. Hahaha. My dad and his buddies used to hang out in old abandoned manors and he likes The Cure. My (step) mom painted their bedroom dark red and got a black swirly-framed bed and constantly reads Edgar Allen Poe. My dad also said if I can find and get a station wagon he'd make it into a hearse for me. Swizzle.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #23
maggot

That's pretty awesome.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #24
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
Just for the record, I think my dad thinks I'm gay.

Ha ha. Speaking of that....take a look. It starts off kind of slow, but...

http://comedy.videosift.com/video/A-...Sons-Boyfriend
Old 04-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #25
Vyvian Blackthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
My dad is pretty kick-ass. I also think that he and my step-mom (who I also love to no end) are secretly goth. Hahaha. My dad and his buddies used to hang out in old abandoned manors and he likes The Cure. My (step) mom painted their bedroom dark red and got a black swirly-framed bed and constantly reads Edgar Allen Poe. My dad also said if I can find and get a station wagon he'd make it into a hearse for me. Swizzle.
Wow!
That's so cool, Matt~man, this makes me look back at how awful my childhood was though. God.