Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:48 AM   #551
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloegoth
I had the same problem with that dye. I've since switched to Nice N' Easy Natural Blue Black, and am quite happy with it.
That Feria Starry Night f*cked my hair up too! I got lured in by the cool name, but it sucks.

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #552
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Yeah, Lorel's blue black is shiny and amazing in the light if you have the skin tone to pull it off.
What skin tone would that be? I'm a fashion moron..

I recently used some L'Oreal product, something Natural Tones or something, trying to get a nice burgundy, but it came out like a dirty firetruck, so I followed up with some black to darken it up, and now after about two weeks it looks like a really really really dark brown with red when it gets backlit. Yay for unintended consequences.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:58 AM   #553
chelseagirl

I have naturally light brown hair, and dye it black, with bleach blond streaks. For the black dye, I have tried just about everything and prefer Wella Colorcharm in semi-permanent. You can get it at Sally’s Beauty Supply and it comes in a blue box. You mix it with their “activator” rather than peroxide. It’s so easy on the hair, look great, does not bleed like other permanent dyes I have used, and it stays in just as well as a permanent dye that uses peroxide. With my blond streaks, I have to be careful because other black dyes bleed for the first week or so when you shampoo your hair, and it would tint the blond streaks either brownish or blueish, depending upon the base of the black dye. The Wella doesn’t do this. Also, the Wella doesn’t stain your skin hardly at all, which always drove me crazy when dying my hair black. It comes off your skin very easily.
chelseagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:12 AM   #554
CreepyTendencies

I've been using Clairol's Natural Instincts for years, and I'm happy with it. It's not as harsh as some dyes out there.
CreepyTendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:03 PM   #555
lena

Here is my 2 cents.
I use the nice and easy natural black #122. Heres a good tip for all you dye your own hair types, rub vaseline on your forehead, ears, and neck, right before you put the dye in your hair. It keeps you from staining your skin if you accidently get some dye on you.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:00 AM   #556
elmd0r

I'm in need of a change in hairstyle.. My hair is a dark blonde color, and passed my shoulders. I just moved to a hot and humid climate, so I'm thinking short hair. I don't usually look good with shorter hair, so I need some help. Suggestions?

PS - some (few months old) pics of me can be found here:
http://pg.photos.**********/ph/elmd0r.../ph//my_photos
elmd0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:40 AM   #557
Somber Illusions

I am considering putting blonde highlights in my hair, which is currently black. Its slightly past my shoulders and isn't very thick. What do you think? Would it wash me out?
Somber Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:27 AM   #558
Solumina

blond highlights don't really wash anyone out unless you get the ones that are like white and even then they would only wash you out if the white was right around your face. Anyway I would recommend that you get a really light golden blond, ash blond doesn't look good in contrast to rich, dark colors, but golden blond can look great. Oh and another thing about blond hair it can actually make you're skin look less pasty and more porcelain, at least that is what happened to me and is the reason that my hair is going back to blond
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:40 AM   #559
Somber Illusions

Thanks. So your saying it will make me appear more pale, if so, thats what I want.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #560
Solumina

not necessarily more pale but it makes pale skin more radiant looking, it doesn’t make you look anemic or like you have been living under a rock (if you are going for the walking dead look then this would be a bad thing but if you are going for the fair lady kind of look then this would be a good thing). Personally I like having ivory skin with a slight pink blush in my cheeks and the golden blond hair really accentuates this look, where as my current red hair brings out more of the flaws in my skin and makes my veins more noticeable. I hope I’m being somewhat helpful.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-26-2006, 03:14 AM   #561
Somber Illusions

Thank you, and yes you are being helpful. I want to look naturally pale, which means staying away from white foundation. It just doesn't look right on me.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:06 PM   #562
Solumina

it is my opinion that there are very few (if any) people that white foundation doesn't look silly on so I think it really is better to go for the natural look (that and pure white is boring)
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #563
Iriacynthe

I've bleached my hair from black to a well, yellow-orange like color. I expected this, I know that black hair is hard to bleach so that's not a problem, the strange thing is that the color seems to get lighter without me doing anything else than using hair masks and so on. I'm wondering if this is just an impression, or if it's really possible that my hair is slowly getting lighter without any more bleaching. If this really is the case, are there any ways to speed this process up a little bit? I was planning to bleach my hair again untill it was really blond so I could dye it green afterwars, but that might not be necessary if I can find less damaging ways to lighten the color enough to go green.
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:13 PM   #564
LadySpiderdust

Platinum blonde is a very strong bleach...it will do damage and will probably not get rid of the black dye. Infact it can look much worse. I use a platinum bleach on my fringe but only so I can dye it magenta as the platinum makes my hair bright orange where it is covering several layers of black dye, but blonde at the roots where it is only taking out one layer of dye, then lighter again where my natural hair is showing through...it is in several shades until I get a pink over it
LadySpiderdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #565
Iriacynthe

Thanks for the help, but I've already bleached it again, and it looks fine now, light blonde with a slight orange-like tone. My hair is off course damaged, but not even that damaged, I expected it would be worse.
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:33 PM   #566
transformingfate

Color Help!

I know I'm ressurrecting an older thread here, but since there was one already made I didn't want to start a new one.

Okay, here's the deal: My hair is naturally dark brown with reddish highlights. About 8 weeks ago, I got it highlighted and lowlighted with dark red and black. Now my high/low/lights are growing out, and I want to do something different. I liked the high/low/lights, but I want to go a bit more extreme and not so subtle. I can't go too crazy with the colors because I've gotta be able to get a job. So I've been thinking about doing the under part black, and adding more black up top to mix in with the red and brown. Or just going plain black with all of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or helpful ideas? I'd love to hear them if you do!

Thanks!
transformingfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #567
transformingfate

PLEASE HELP? *begs*
transformingfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #568
She_Is_My_Sin

Hmm in my opinion I think you should go all over black, it could look really good. You might want to experiment with tanited blacks, like blue, red etc.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #569
Delkaetre

Deep blue with electric streaks isn't worksafe, unfortunately... it's a good looking combination when done properly, though.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #570
chelseagirl

How about dying it all black, and then you could use those clip in streaks in different colors. That way, you can have normal hair for work, and funky hair when you're not at work.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:17 PM   #571
darkness-creepshow

Brandon lee long hair all the way!
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:40 AM   #572
Slap Your Love

^.^ You gotta love Brandon Lee. I have a poster of him hanging over my bed right now. So I always wake up good. =] Anyways, I just recently cut my hair in a way I never thought I would have before seeing how it was uber long. Now I have a Red fauxhawk. I should put a pic. of it as my pro. photo maybe.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #573
darkness-creepshow

brandons in my heart, although ill soon be getting some posters of him.
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:04 PM   #574
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
Since we alredy have a Hair threat here, and I´m too lazy to make a new one I´ll like to see some pics of your hair =D =D.
Here are some of mine.

*i don´t really like to wear makeup because I´m always rubbing my eyes.

Bu, expecting something purplish right know...but for the moment, I´ll stay with the black and some of your pics .
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #575
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
BWAH!! XD...I forgot the pics....(it was that button´s fault!, I swear!). Anywayz, here we have them:
Pic1
This was during the hair bleaching. I did it so bad =S.
Pic2
Blue
Pic3
Red
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote