Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 06-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
Duane

The band thread.

Talk about your band, what type of music you play, where you come from, label you're signed to, etc etc. Hm, if you don't have a band, and just a rock duo or something, talk about that.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
Draconysius

Address Unknown is my gothic rock band... duo, actually. I sing and play guitar, and my wife plays bass. Isn't it strange how many husband-and-wife goth bands there are? Faith and the Muse, Mephisto Walz, Two Witches, etc. Anyway, we're not signed, but our demo goes out tomorrow. You can hear it on http://myspace.com/addressunknown23
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
I Am Great.

Do I really have to at this point?
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
Mir

Yes, yes you do!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
I Am Great.

http://www.myspace.com/bipolarjoenoizist
Old 06-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #6
Duane

I'll have a band togethor soon, but until then it's only a rock duo. We use a drum machine for the drum bits, my bud plays guitar, and Ilearning how to play bass. We only have one song recorded, so we couldn't get signed... even if there was a nearby record studio, or whatever.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
I Am Great.

You mean signed to a label? Fuck it, just release free shit on some netlabel.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #8
TopHaggardDoll

www.myspace.com/clinictwentyfive

It's like noise made with ambient sounds with abit of drone, some jazz....and epicness.

It's hard to explain but worth a listen I reckon. Plus I have cool pictures... XD!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:17 AM   #9
Minyaliel

I'm not quite sure whether I should call my project a solo project or not... I've collaborated with pretty much the same people all the time, but we've never officially established a band. Oh well, I'm planning to get a band anyway when I move to Oslo, so I might as well post.

I believe I've shared my myspace url with you before (http://www.myspace.com/minyaliel). I'm having a real hard time labelling it, so I'm not going to, but instead name my strongest influences - new wave, classical music and opera, postpunk, glam rock, darkwave, cabaret and show tunes, folk music and jazz. All my songs seem to be rather bleak and dark, sometimes even to the point of sounding twisted and filled with madness - but then I do have a few songs (like the one posted up on myspace) which draws more on my love for ethereal, darkwave and ballads... I'm a musically split personality *lol*. I've been writing songs like mad lately, so once I get all of the musical arrangements done and get someone to play I'll actually have enough material for an album (yay).
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:37 AM   #10
Methadrine

For those of you who want to get your music out there, available to the masses, but lack the means of a record company or similar... check out TuneCore.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:02 AM   #11
Darcnyss

Or electro goth band, Hexotericka, has just released a new song for streaming and download at http://www.reverbnation.com/Hexotericka

"Defined" is the second track off our "Lamentations" demo disk.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:02 AM   #12
Draconysius

Great stuff, Darcnyss.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:59 AM   #13
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Address Unknown is my gothic rock band... duo, actually. I sing and play guitar, and my wife plays bass. Isn't it strange how many husband-and-wife goth bands there are? Faith and the Muse, Mephisto Walz, Two Witches, etc. Anyway, we're not signed, but our demo goes out tomorrow. You can hear it on http://myspace.com/addressunknown23
Your wife??? When did that happen???
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:17 AM   #14
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
I believe I've shared my myspace url with you before (http://www.myspace.com/minyaliel). I'm having a real hard time labelling it, so I'm not going to, but instead name my strongest influences - new wave, classical music and opera, postpunk, glam rock, darkwave, cabaret and show tunes, folk music and jazz. All my songs seem to be rather bleak and dark, sometimes even to the point of sounding twisted and filled with madness - but then I do have a few songs (like the one posted up on myspace) which draws more on my love for ethereal, darkwave and ballads... I'm a musically split personality *lol*. I've been writing songs like mad lately, so once I get all of the musical arrangements done and get someone to play I'll actually have enough material for an album (yay).
You have an amazing voice, I like the minimalistic, ambient quality of The Bride's Plaint.

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #15
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Your wife??? When did that happen???
We were handfasted a about a month ago. It was a private ceremony, we're going to have a public one next Halloween.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #16
alicesweetalice

Alice Sweet Alice - Psychedelic Darkwave from New England

Alice Sweet Alice (ASA), a Psychedelic Darkwave musical group based in New England—USA, was born as a side project of Scott Martinez in the late 1990's. Playing bass for other groups as well as singing backup vocals. All of Scott's previous music in bands and recording was done on the West Coast, in the San Francisco bay area. Most notably Scott released a 9-song LP with Autumn Cathedral, and shared the bill with such acts as Fields of the Nephilim, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, The Posies, Diatribe and Neurosis.

Alice Sweet Alice obtained label representation through Renaissance Records in April of 2008 after teaming up with vocalist and keyboardist Ali Kat and guitarist Jeffrey Galios in the fall of 2007. Alice Sweet Alice is currently in the studio recording their premier release, First Light, due to be released in the summer of 2008 and will be available for sale on iTunes and Amazon, as well as distributed to stores all over North and South America. Alice Sweet Alice is also working with Ravenheart Music, a subsidiary of Renaissance Records, based in Worcestershire, England.

Alice Sweet Alice have been compared to the likes of Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the Doors for their hard-hitting rock and psychedelic tendencies, and Joy Division and My Bloody Valentine for their inspired use of the darkwave sonic spectrum. Alice Sweet Alice's music and lyrical content leans towards the macabre, though sometimes inwardly so. Each track is a vignette of its' own—and if listened to carefully, often possesses a sense of dark, dry humor. Subject matter is very diverse, and there is no musical formula. Each song is individualistic in tone and structure.

I can't post links because I'm brand new, so if you want more information, do a GOOGLE search for ALICE SWEET ALICE MUSIC and go to one of our websites. Show us some love!

—Scott
alicesweetalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #17
Duane

After going to the warped tour with my friends, almost had a chance to play some songs, they wanted to go from "the shitty slow ass" music I play... to screamo...
Old 06-30-2008, 01:31 PM   #18
JCC

Good, I like Screamo when it's done well.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #19
LetheanBlacklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Good, I like Screamo when it's done well.
too bad that's few and far in between
LetheanBlacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #20
homo-adonis

(http://www.myspace.com/lifeinsodom) All the info is there and on our website www.lifeinsodom.com
homo-adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #21
Duane

We got a gig at the local christian church! Best part is, we won't be restricted to playing christian rock, or gospel!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #22
Haunted House

My band (if you can call it that) is called Atavism Ball. It's only a friend and I, but we play all the instruments to figure out songs and plan to record them. If anything we could call it batcave/deathpunk. Inspiration from the Sex Gang Children and Rudimentary Peni are kinda evident I think. We're working on releasing a two song demo (er, single?) sometime soon.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #23
Godslayer Jillian

I'm probably join a band in the near future.
A friend told me if I wanted to join a band he wants to make. He says it would be a hardcore band, but we have different ideas of hardcore. To me hardcore is still about GBH, Dead Kennedys, and The Exploited. To him, hardcore is Atreyu and similar bands.
Then there's this ska band in my college, but I don't know the guys.
And then again a friend with absolutely no experience wants to start one with me and other inexperienced friends and just get the hang of it as time goes by.
If I have any say on the name of the band, I'd love a name that was mentioned in here once, either by JCC, gothicusmaximus, or Splintered: The Sellouts.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #24
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
If I have any say on the name of the band, I'd love a name that was mentioned in here once, either by JCC, gothicusmaximus, or Splintered: The Sellouts.
Research it first, I saw the BillyBones live and the singer had The Sellouts sewn on his jacket.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #25
Godslayer Jillian

There can be more than one band with the same name.
An example of this is The Subhumans (UK and Can)

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote