Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
Pancakes of Doom

Question Help finding a trench coat.

Sorry to be a bother, but, I need help finding a trench coat; but not just any trench coat, a black floor length double breasted trench coat. I've already tried local thrift and military surplus stores, which were painfully lacking in anything even resembling a trench coat. The only other parameters that really need to be met is that it's less than $50 and available on a site that ships from the US.
Once again, thanks for your help.
Pancakes of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes of Doom
Sorry to be a bother, but, I need help finding a trench coat; but not just any trench coat, a black floor length double breasted trench coat. I've already tried local thrift and military surplus stores, which were painfully lacking in anything even resembling a trench coat. The only other parameters that really need to be met is that it's less than $50 and available on a site that ships from the US.
Once again, thanks for your help.
One word: Ebay.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
XxZanexX

Yeah, I'd say check eBay and thrift shops when possible. With that small of a price range it's going to be difficult finding a quality coat brand new. At least, in my limited experience.
XxZanexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
Pancakes of Doom

To update, $50 is just sort of a minimum; I could go as far as $110 if need be.
Pancakes of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
DefinedRapture

Berlington coat factory. I got a decent one for 75. Take a look, they have alot of interesting things..

My friend got a swedish coat online from a war-site that was really cool, but like, its not what youre looking for. Good luck.
DefinedRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
NachtSorcier

Thrift shops are good, and try auction houses, too.

I was very lucky: Four years ago, I happened to see a black military-type trenchcoat hanging in my aunt's auction house. I mentioned to my mom that I'd like to have it and I hoped she didn't sell it before I got a chance to buy it. My mom told my aunt and she let me have it for free. I still wear it.

So yeah, try auction houses, they accumulate all kinds of random shit, you might just get lucky too.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
LadyStardust

I'm thinking of splurging next year (it takes me that long to save up!) and buying a trenchcoat from Northbound Leather. I'm not sure if they'll have the same stock (doubt it, in fact), but last summer they had a gorgeous trenchcoat with lacing down the back and bell sleeves. *drool*
Old 02-23-2022, 09:14 AM   #8
blareblare2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsrobinso880 View Post
Do still need help in finding a trench coat? I have it here and I am willing to share it with you. Just let me know. Waterproofing San Antonio, Tx
Can you please show me? I am looking for it. Thanks in advance.
blareblare2000 is offline   Reply With Quote