Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Westboro Vs KKK

http://gawker.com/5806819/kkk-counte...es-fags-church

Quote:
Members of the delightfully quirky Westboro Baptist Church showed up at Arlington Cemetery on Memorial Day just to remind everyone, through the use of excessive signage, that God loves dead soldiers. But luckily for people who were hoped to visit the cemetery without encountering hateful bigotry, brave members of the Ku Klux Klan showed up to counter-protest.

This led, as one might guess, to a true meeting of the minds, as mediated by a CNN reporter:

"It's the soldier that fought and died and gave them that right to free speech," said Dennis LaBonte, the self-described "Imperial Wizard" of the KKK group that he said he formed several years ago.

"That's fine," said Abigail Phelps, the daughter of Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps. "They have no moral authority on anything.

"People like them say it's white power ... white supremacy," Phelps said. "The Bible doesn't say anywhere that it's an abomination to be born of a certain gender or race."

LaBonte insisted he is not a racist nor a "hate-monger," but said he believes the white race is "slowly and most assuredly being denigrated."

We can only imagine the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives in the service of this country looking down from Heaven onto this engaging intellectual discussion, and knowing once and for all that their lives were not lost in vain.
Just when you think things can't get any crazier, the KKK does something semi(they're still doing it for racist reasons) right for a change. The whole world seems to be turning upside down.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
CptSternn

It's pretty bad when the public supports a stance taken by the KKK
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:56 AM   #3
Mr.Doobie

Saw thread title. Pictured a cage match in some god forsaken desert somewhere. Thought you had video and pictures.

I am disappoint.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
It's pretty bad when the public supports a stance taken by the KKK
They don't, though. The KKK's opinion of the Westboro Baptist Church's criticism of soldiers is different to the public opinion, just because they both dislike Westboro doesn't make them the same. If I don't like Carlos Mencia because he is a shitty comedian and you don't like Carlos Mencia because you think all Latinos should be burned, are we taking the same stance?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
Versus

I wish I had thought of this. A bigot death match would fucking pump me up. I'm also a little confused who to cheer for as a soldier and an African-American.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Grausamkeit

I'm surprised they didn't join forces, to be quite honest.
Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Holy shit, you're black?
Half, to be specific. I always thought it was dumb to identify as any particular race, so that's probably why you didn't know until now.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #8
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
They don't, though. The KKK's opinion of the Westboro Baptist Church's criticism of soldiers is different to the public opinion, just because they both dislike Westboro doesn't make them the same. If I don't like Carlos Mencia because he is a shitty comedian and you don't like Carlos Mencia because you think all Latinos should be burned, are we taking the same stance?
Yes it does. They both dislike westboro, thats the same stance. They can distance themselves by saying it's not the same reasoning that brought them to the same conclusion, but it doesn't change the fact they are both standing on the same side of an issue.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #9
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Yes it does. They both dislike westboro, thats the same stance. They can distance themselves by saying it's not the same reasoning that brought them to the same conclusion, but it doesn't change the fact they are both standing on the same side of an issue.
Whether or not "stance" encompasses the reason for an opinion is just semantics. JCC's point was that the reason is important.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Llyallowyn

So, basically, this is a spade calling a spade... a spade? Hilarious regardless of the maddening bullshit each of them stands for. It's like watching two dueling 1-legged roosters - it's so pathetic and silly, yet you can't look away. Let's hope they don't fall in love and raise bigot babies.
Llyallowyn is offline   Reply With Quote