Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-14-2007, 09:52 PM   #26
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
My dad is pretty kick-ass. I also think that he and my step-mom (who I also love to no end) are secretly goth. Hahaha. My dad and his buddies used to hang out in old abandoned manors and he likes The Cure. My (step) mom painted their bedroom dark red and got a black swirly-framed bed and constantly reads Edgar Allen Poe. My dad also said if I can find and get a station wagon he'd make it into a hearse for me. Swizzle.

Your very lucky my dad is an asshole [long story]
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:04 PM   #27
maggot

I think girls generally like mothers more, and MEN generally like their fathers more.

At least, it's a trend I've noticed.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:10 AM   #28
BLEED REBELION!!!

My God Father is the best, he lives kinda far away but I go visit every summer he's not my real dad but he acts like it.

He has his owns son but he's sooo cute .

He used to date my mom and after they broke up but they stayed friends and he's always taken time out for me. ( he’s a real GOOD guy.)

He wants to take me to visit my "real" dad because he's noticed "problems" in my "attitude". And he thinks that meeting my "father" might help.

My moms always talking about how she doesn’t understand why I "hate" my "father" sooooooo much.
But really he's in jail for a reason and his crimes are something I cant forgive.
( my mom thinks she knows everything about me but really she’s clueless)

I don’t really want to see him but then again I do.
I wanna yell and scream and tell him what an ass hole he is!

Do you guys think I should go see him?
Because I just don’t know what to do .

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:47 AM   #29
sensuous0mar

I love my father to pieces....but he has some personal issues that I've come to learn I can't change in him. My father and I have the same sense of humor, we're both very stubborn, he has a real soft spot (REAL BIG soft spot) for his youngest daughter (that'd be me), and he'd do anything for me if he possibly could. He swells up with pride when he sees me on stage or when I give public address or graduate even.

Life wasn't always so lovely with my father, though. He is a recovered alcoholic (for as long as I've been alive) but he still had some serious anger management issues. He was highly verbally, mentally and emotionally abusive toward me when he would get in his moods. He had a lot of pent up anger and used to just absolutely ravage me. I started to believe all the horrible things he was saying to me as a teenager in a very sensitive time of my life and began to cut myself. I would punish myself for being exactly what my father said I was (even though I truly wasn't). Once I turned 18 and couldn't stand his shit anymore I came out of my room in tears (where I had been hiding) as he was throwing a chair and screaming, and I took off my bracelets and said "do you want to see what you're doing to me??!" He didn't speak to me for 2 weeks. My mother asked "do you need help?" (She's always been my rock.) Blah blah blah.....long story short, I showed him how he was killing me inside and how much he was hurting me....and he stopped. He grew up a little that day and he has been about 98% better ever since. I got better, he got better, and we're all a lot happier now. He tells me a lot more how much he loves me and how proud he is of me. Things be good

Now if I could only change the fact that he's a bigot. *Sigh* Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:52 AM   #30
korinna5555

My father cheated on my mother before I was born. She found out about it when he was told she was pregnant with me, and she still stayed with him for 15 more years. My father is incredibly emotionally abusive, and he is the one person in the entire world that I could actually say I hate. In the half of a year my mom has been with my step dad, he has been more of a dad to me than my father ever was, and we have all been more of a family. Sadly, I still live with my father, and he will not let me leave. He threatens to hit me, and has shoved my brother on several occasions in the past month. He treats me like a child, and says that I am immature when I act more like an adult on any given day than he does. I am not allowed to have my learner's permit or a job, even though I am almost 16 and need money badly..
I have to go back to his house today, and it is really depressing me.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #31
maggot

Know what I think, BLEED REBELION!!!!11!1! ?

Shut the fuck up, that's what I think.

The only things I see you here for is to bitch about how fucking much your life sucks, when you're obviously not really making an effort to enjoy it.

When was the last time you went in to having a conversation with your father with an open mind, rather than thinking "OMG I H8 THIS GUY LOLOL"?

Don't give us that "MY PARENTS DONT UNDERSTAND ME D:<" bullshit, either.
They most likely perfectly understand, but are wise far beyond YOUR years, and no better, so they ignore "Your needs", and do what's actually better for you in the long run.

And he is your father, even you won't admit it. Don't say "My "father"". It makes you sound like some spoiled brat, let alone putting 3 words in the sentence in quotes. It makes you sound like a spoiled brat AND a dimwit.

What are his crimes, anyways?
Even if it's murder, you should still forgive it unless it was in cold blood.

That's what I think.

You're a narcissistic, self concerned wretch, too. You should seek counseling. Or at least learn how to have a decent human-to-human relationship.

That's what I think.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #32
Clockwork

Don't you think you're overdoing it a little, maggot?
Old 04-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #33
Vyvian Blackthorne

A litte?
Mag, please, that was insenitive. I'm not arguing but we endure our pain from no point of view-if he's in jail and is really as bad as she claims him to be, then we should simply take her word for it. I respect you by all means but to a certain extinct can I bear those words. My father was abusive, I couldn't tell anyone of it-he's was a Veteran, and no one would believe him to commit the torture he did to ALL of his children.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #34
Vyvian Blackthorne

Bleed Rebellion,
For-give your father when you feel it is best. But he should show his appreciation and sorry toward YOU first.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:46 PM   #35
maggot

I'm just fed up with her. That was the climax of it.

She's never -to my notice- given to this community. She's only come here to gripe about how her life sucks.

It's like come on. Shut up.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #36
eternalcrimson

I've had a touch and go relationship with my Dad.

My favorite memory of my father occurred when I was 10. My Dad was on a softball team which was organized by his company. After every game we would go to this local pizza parlor where they would watch the game they just played. During this time my Dad would always drink 2 or 3 pitchers of beer. One time he was so drunk that when I asked my Dad for $5 so I could play Paperboy, he accidentally gave me a $100 bill. Being a kid I didn’t say a word and just pocketed the money. The next day I went to Toys R Us to but Final Fantasy for the NES. I was very happy.

Other than we don’t really have a close relationship. We don’t hate each other but we don’t spend that much time together. I’ve caught my Dad so many times doing things that I’ve lost respect for him.

Case in point. One day I was getting a glass of water in the kitchen. I looked outside and I saw my Dad and his black friend entering the shed. My Dad’s black friend entered first than my Dad proceeded to stand in the doorway of the shed. What I preceded to see still shocks me. My Dad was grabbing the top of the shed while his pelvis gyrated back and forth. This happened for about 15 minutes then they stopped and smoked joint. WOW! This just blew my Mind.

Then recently My Mom Told me when I was a young child that My Dad after his softball games would hang around this blonde that was his secretary. They would go to the bar and made out heavily. One night my Mom asked my Aunt to baby-sit us while she went to the bar and confronted them. From that night forward my Dad and secretary were never seen together outside of work ever again.
eternalcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #37
PersephoneX

I have a lot of friends with issues with their dads. Mainly because they drink too much, or they treat their mothers badly. We have a couple of friends who don’t even know their dads. And someone very close to me was molested by his father. When I found out I wanted to take a brick to his dad’s head and instead opted for the windshield of his car. I have no respect for parents that hurt their kids. Its true there’s no handbook on raising kids. But they could at least take the effort!

I love my dad. He gave me my love for non mainstream music. He got me interested in cars, tattoos and stick airplanes. And helped me along when I got into computers. He taught me to skate and that I’m equal to any man, and that no one can put me down, just for being a woman. We get on well. He makes me laugh, a lot. I've always been on good terms with my dad. And he's helped me through some tough times with my mom. I used to be really angry at him for not helping me, when he knew what was going on. But I know that he couldn’t. If I’m ever stressed or there's something on my mind he starts the conversations off. It hurt me to see how my cutting affected him. And it was part of the reason I had to stop.
I’m moving out soon and I don’t wana disappoint my dad. So I can’t tell him. THAT bothers me.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #38
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneX
I’m moving out soon and I don’t wana disappoint my dad. So I can’t tell him. THAT bothers me.
My Dad was devastated when I moved out. I left without telling him because I knew he'd tried to forbid me. He was pissed. But years passed, they came down to visit us on vacation, and while they were here we all bought a house together. I adore my Dad. He and I are just alike.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #39
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneX
Persephone, he'll get over it.

My daughter moved out last year on My 7th (I'll never forget the date) and I was proud she became her own person, and started her own life. Her and her boyfriend of two years moved in together, and they have made a successful family.

The first two weeks were tough (I imagined I heard her voice, or saw her face in a crowd), but then as I talked her every day or so on the phone, and knew she was alright, I began to relax, and then even begin wondering "isn't it about time her brother moved out?".

It is a part of life, you are ready to leave the nest, go for it! Your father will realize that this is the time he has been preparing you for all your life, to be independent! He will be proud, I am certain. Yeah, maybe the first few seconds may be a little...emotional...but he'll get over it, it is just the cutting of the apron strings.

Go for it!!!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #40
BlackDahlia

It's better for me if I keep my distance from my father...it's not that he doesn't love me as a daughter, but he's depreciative and verbally abusive to both me and my mother. It's not a Dr. Phil sorta thing that can be worked out because I confronted him about it several times, and he just scoffed. He's never gonna change, and I cannot respect someone who doesn't respect me or a woman he was married to for 28 years and bore him a child. I'm sorry, but it doesn't fly that way.
BlackDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #41
PersephoneX

Thanks Humane...Its all going to be fine. I just keep telling myself that...Ferret keeps telling me not to get cold feet but since we moved the date, I started wigging out more...I feel bad cos my dad and I were sitting drinking coffee and talking about how work is going and I wanted to come out and say it but I couldnt...

I dont want to have babies at 20!!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:53 PM   #42
james"bloody tears"

ive met my real father once. me and my stepdad dont get along. hes abusive a drunk and a burn out. thank god i dont have to deal with him any more.

love me or hate me i wont change

the eyes are the windows to the soul, are you afraid of what you see?
james"bloody tears" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #43
chelseagirl

My dad was a great father, but he died when I was 14 due to a hospital error. I have a stepfather now whom I love, and is an awesome guy...but you're right, most of the people I know are in the same boat as the friends you know as far as not knowing their fathers, or their fathers being abusive.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:50 AM   #44
DarkChildOne

Believe it or not, my parents got married at 18, had three kids, he served in the marines, and she was a stay at home mother. When he got out he started to work and helped in the rearing of his kids.
That was 22 years ago. They celebrate they're 23rd anniversay this July. I'm the yougest and we are all still together. My parents have never gotten divorced, never seperated, and they have always been faithful.
Its amazing. I hear about how all my classmates have astranged parents. What could make parents fall out of love like that?

I dont mean the make this post to seem like i am rubbing it in anyones noses or anything, i was just giving some background on it. My dad is an engineer/drafter/IT person for a company that makes motors for RamseyWinch. you know the winches on the back (or front) of all-wheel vehicles.
DarkChildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:49 AM   #45
Underwater Ophelia

My dad is...interesting. He's pretty off balanced and horrible sometimes, but he can be really awesome too.
Like, once he screamed at me for walking up the steps to ask him for lunch money, but last night he gave my boyfriend an old James Dean movie poster and showed him his comic collection.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 AM   #46
BLEED REBELION!!!

Maggot Im sorry if I come off like I think my life sucks.
Its not all that bad anymore im just bitter.
I dont hate my life over the last 2 years its gotten worlds better and I enjoy it sometimes. I have more than one life I have a life with my friends and school and then I have a family life. Me and my mom fight sometimes but I love her she loves me. I think my mom does what she thinks is best for me . And she works very very hard. My mom doesnt understand allot of things about me because I hide them from her........
She does the best she can and she's made my life pretty good. I always eat when Im hungry and have clothes when I need them. My mom is actualy REALLY GREAT. And im thankful for that.
I dont mean to bitch alot but this is the only place I can I dont really have people to talk about this kinda stuff ...so if I pissed you off sorry ..

As for my father he's in jail because he ***** and murdered a girl and then he hid in mexico for a while. I've never had a real convo with him because he's been in jail for as long as I remeber. And no I cant forgive him for rapeing that girl because I thinkits the worse thing you can do to a person. I was molested and I hate any and everyone that could hurt another person in that way.

you say i've never done anything for G.net but what exactly can I do?

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #47
DarkHeartedDemoness

My dad was there for me those awful years my mom went off her meds. He was the rational parent, and he stopped her from doing a lot of the things she felt "compelled" to do. He worked a lot, so he couldn't prevent everything, but if he hadn't been there I can't imagine how fucked up I would be.

I'm sorry that your dad sucks. If you want, we can do a swap-thinger, and have my dad and your mom and be sisters. (this doesn't mean I like you, just that I sympathize and I wish we both could have better situations.)
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #48
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
you say i've never done anything for G.net but what exactly can I do?
You could try and contribute. I feel like a lot of the things you do here are requests. Requests for help, validation, or just for someone to listen. When other people need help, though, I see very few contributions from you. You don't welcome new people, you don't critique literature, you don't debate politics, you don't give advice. You just take our advice, and then post a new problem. This obviously isn't always the case, I do think you have contributed once or twice, but it's not consistent enough to merit the word "trend".
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #49
BLEED REBELION!!!

When ever I sAY something about politics I get flamed to bits and no one takes what I say seriously.

I'll try to comment on more things from now on.

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-18-2007, 07:12 AM   #50
charlotte666

ive never really had any bad experiences with my dads'. my mum and real dad split when i was about 2, apparently he was abusive and hit my mum, ill never now.

i see him every so often, when i was younger i went to his every weekend, now a days i dont see him as often. my real dad can be quite selfish, i mean he didnt want my brother to know our great grandpa had died (i told him anways). but my step dad, i dont like him, yes hes been nice to me in the past but i cant forget all those nights i had to take his children in to my room and turn my music on loud so they wouldnt hear him beating my eldest brother up.

my step dad recently got kicked out because my mum couldnt deal with all the accunsations of her cheating on him, on one such occasion when we were moving house my mum found a used condom on her bedroom floor and when my mum confronted him about it he blamed it on me, yet i didnt have a key to get into the old house, and it wasnt my mum ( she HATES sex). so in the end a couple of days before christmas she told him to leave, all he asked for was his £20,000 and he left, he got his money. i mean he still comes and sees his kids, and sometimes has lunch with us but i dont want to see him, all i remeber is what he has done in the past and yes some things i can forgive him but others i cant.
charlotte666 is offline   Reply With Quote