Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 01:27 AM   #2276
Lackluster_Heavens

Well, here I am sitting in my favorite chair in the whole world, listening to the Underworld Evolution sountrack (How gawth am I, huh?), and thinking. Thinking about the fact that I have only one more summer at home till I move to collage, and that i'm 15 when this'll happen. The fact that my mother has recently been diagnosed with cancer. The fact that i've already had way too many deaths around me. The fact that my girlfriend lives close to two hours away and she cant comfort me right now. The fact that I dont know how i'm going to get money once I go off to collage and heave to quit my job. The fact that I pray every night for my scholorship applications to get accepted. The fact that my kidneys are still bleeding and causing me intense amounts of pain. The fact that i'm beginning to think that i'm not really smart enough to be a doctor, and if that is the case, what I'm going to do with this branch in a river we call life. This was my rant, I apologize in advance for my spelling....It's been a couple very long weeks.
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:23 AM   #2277
psychopenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackluster_Heavens
Well, here I am sitting in my favorite chair in the whole world, listening to the Underworld Evolution sountrack (How gawth am I, huh?), and thinking. Thinking about the fact that I have only one more summer at home till I move to collage, and that i'm 15 when this'll happen. The fact that my mother has recently been diagnosed with cancer. The fact that i've already had way too many deaths around me. The fact that my girlfriend lives close to two hours away and she cant comfort me right now. The fact that I dont know how i'm going to get money once I go off to collage and heave to quit my job. The fact that I pray every night for my scholorship applications to get accepted. The fact that my kidneys are still bleeding and causing me intense amounts of pain. The fact that i'm beginning to think that i'm not really smart enough to be a doctor, and if that is the case, what I'm going to do with this branch in a river we call life. This was my rant, I apologize in advance for my spelling....It's been a couple very long weeks.

I was going to bitch about how loooong it's taking for friday (St. Patty's Day) to get here until I read this. SO... I've decided to say this instead:

All my hope goes to you Lackluster_Heavens... because you obviously have some shit worth bitching about. *hope you feel better smile*
Old 03-15-2006, 07:29 AM   #2278
Lackluster_Heavens

Thanks penguin, very much. And I really like your name, it makes me smile quite a bit.
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:35 AM   #2279
Lackluster_Heavens

Oh and just one more little thing, a hot shower would be nice...not being able to pay bills really sucks.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:53 AM   #2280
Phayte

This isn't directed at anyone in particular.

I'm so sick of "smart" people. You know the ones I'm talking about. They treat everyone else as if they're retarded. They point out every mistake you make and make you feel dumb for making it. They look down their nose at you like somehow knowing everything about the english language and pop culture makes them automatically superior to you. They point out that your "opinions" are wrong and once again they are better then you. They are the ones who will tell you the wrong answer to something to make you look like you really are stupid.

Smart, spiteful, arrogant asshole, shut the fuck up. I know you need to make people feel bad for you to feel smart and powerful, but all your really doing is making yourself look like a moron. Most of us "dumb" people have moved on. We don't care if you would do better on a test then us or that you can probably name every important person in history. We have better things to do then validating ourselves by damaging others.

I may have failed every test I took in grades 11 and 12, but I still pulled off a B+ average and graduated with honors. I don't test well, but that doesn't make me stupid.

You can go back to your pathetic life of feeling superior now. Have fun.

Thanks.. just needed to get that out and see if I really want to e-mail it to the person who deserves it.
~William Shakespeare
Old 03-15-2006, 07:58 AM   #2281
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackluster_Heavens
Hey Babe..

I just woke up an d am half delirious with pain myself, but let me say this;

I am soul sorry to hear e evrything you are going through. It sucks plain and simple. I can't help with alot of it, but I can help with the financial aid process, if you need it. PM me when things are less hectic for you, and I will see if I can offer some tips you might not have tried yet.

As far as your Mom goes, may I ask what type of Cancer it is? Does she have a good Oncologist yet?

Also, Its been a few years since I visited friends in New Mexico, but there used to be several social aid agencies that would help with your bills at home. Maybe one of them can help get your Gas turned back on. I can do some research for you if you like, and try to get you some phone numbers to call if you want.

Just let me know, I'll be happy to do whatever I can to help you guys..

Please know my prayers are with you all, and try and hang in there ok?

*Huge Squeezy Hugs For You And Your Mom*
Old 03-15-2006, 08:03 AM   #2282
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phayte

I'm so sick of "smart" people. You know the ones I'm talking about. They treat everyone else as if they're retarded. They point out every mistake you make and make you feel dumb for making it. They look down their nose at you like somehow knowing everything about the english language and pop culture makes them automatically superior to you. They point out that your "opinions" are wrong and once again they are better then you. They are the ones who will tell you the wrong answer to something to make you look like you really are stupid.

Smart, spiteful, arrogant asshole, shut the fuck up. I know you need to make people feel bad for you to feel smart and powerful, but all your really doing is making yourself look like a moron. Most of us "dumb" people have moved on. We don't care if you would do better on a test then us or that you can probably name every important person in history. We have better things to do then validating ourselves by damaging others.

I may have failed every test I took in grades 11 and 12, but I still pulled off a B+ average and graduated with honors. I don't test well, but that doesn't make me stupid.

You can go back to your pathetic life of feeling superior now. Have fun.

Thanks.. just needed to get that out and see if I really want to e-mail it to the person who deserves it.

If they truly deserve it, send it.

If it helps any, I don't think your stupid in the slightest. Quite the contrary actually.

I've always enjoyed your contributions to the forum, and think you have a wonderful mind.

Fuck anyone who tries to make you feel like you are less than brilliant.

If the email doens't work, I have a REALLY big shovel you could use to beat them to Death.

Old 03-15-2006, 08:04 AM   #2283
WolfMoon

Lacky, that sucks, hun. I hope you can get some assistance, don't be afraid to ask for help.

Phayte, I know how you feel babe. I hate people like that too.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:05 AM   #2284
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
I hate the fact that when a drawer is obviously being counted down(manager's got the cash in hand counting it) these monuments to idiocy have the gall to ask "Is this register open?"

Fucking mouth-breathers!
Wolfie, I'm a bit surprised that the cash drawer countdown is done where the public can observe. After 5 years of convenience store management and 11 more years of general retail management, that kinda shocks me. It is like waving a red flag in front of potential theives and saying "Come and get it!" Every company I worked for had me counting cash drawers down out of sight and usually behind a locked door. The normal method is to have 2 drawers for each register, so one is ready to go with starting change, and the other can quickly be taken away for counting.

Doesn't this seem unsafe to you?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-15-2006, 08:07 AM   #2285
Lackluster_Heavens

Thank you EPS, really, thank you for your kind words. But I do not know exactly what type of cancer it is, or if it's even malignant(sp?). For some reason she's staying kinda hush-hush about it. And thank you for you kind offer, but i'm already looking into the social welfare thing. But I would definatly like to hear some tips about getting cash for collage.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:09 AM   #2286
tenet_2012

I hate MySpace...

Lackluster_Heavens, wouldn't you pay the gas bill before the internet bill? I would. Now, I don't know if the gas is indeed turned off or not, I just read what E_P_S wrote and that came to mind.

Also, if you are indeed only 15 and going to college you are definately smart enough to do whatever you want.

Something doesn't smell right about your rant...

--Geisha
Old 03-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #2287
Lackluster_Heavens

I'm sorry, I dont know if the gas is on or not. All I know is we dont get hot water. And it really doesn't take too much to dropout and get a GED and go to an instate collage...
Old 03-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #2288
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
Wolfie, I'm a bit surprised that the cash drawer countdown is done where the public can observe. After 5 years of convenience store management and 11 more years of general retail management, that kinda shocks me. It is like waving a red flag in front of potential theives and saying "Come and get it!" Every company I worked for had me counting cash drawers down out of sight and usually behind a locked door. The normal method is to have 2 drawers for each register, so one is ready to go with starting change, and the other can quickly be taken away for counting.

Doesn't this seem unsafe to you?
It normally would, but there isn't a high crime rate in the area that I work. It's a rich neighborhood and the police are frequently in the store. Most of us are on a first name basis with the force in that area. Plus we're just a couple blocks down from the cop-shop, so it would be very likely that the person would be caught within a 2 minute time span.

But you're right. This is the first place I've worked that they didn't hide the money when they're counting it. Some of the managers do take the drawers to the office, some don't.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:24 AM   #2289
Ben Lahnger

Lackluster_Heavens, I'm sorry to hear you are going through all that. Back in August before I moved in with my girlfriend I had no power. That sucks ass to no end. I think that needs to be a priority ... getting the power back on. Please do talk to E_P_S for the help in getting that done. If there is a YWCA near you, that might be an inexpensive way to get a hot shower. There are porbably other places and ideas I'm not thinking of, but I know how sometimes just the littlest things (like hot water pelting your back and neck and soothing the tension away) can mean so much.

Some things you worry about are legit and merit your concern. Your mother's health is in my thoughts and I am wishing nothing but the best for her. Somethings you worry about are not problems yet, and you have so much power to influence them: the financing for school, the search for a job once you get there, whether you are smart enough to be a doctor.

There's an old John Prine song ("Dear Abby") that has a great line in it:

"Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood."

I'm not saying you don't have legitimate problems, or even that you shouldn't feel the way you do. I'm also not saying that everything is rosey and you just have to see it.

All I'm saying is that sometimes you have to be stubborn in wanting good things for yourself. Sometimes you have to be adamant that you are going to do everything you can to make things better for yourself.

I am with you and support you 100%. And I think you'd make a hella-fine doctor!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #2290
Ben Lahnger

Crap, I should have read farther. Lackluster, honey, you've got to be able to spell college before you can go there.

Tenet, you may have a point. Dammit, I hate it when that happens ... not you having a point, but when my instincts are wrong.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-15-2006, 08:35 AM   #2291
tenet_2012

Like Rush Limbaugh says, "I am always right."

j/k

--Geisha
Old 03-15-2006, 08:50 AM   #2292
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phayte

I'm so sick of "smart" people. You know the ones I'm talking about. They treat everyone else as if they're retarded. They point out every mistake you make and make you feel dumb for making it.

Phayte, as far as whether you should send the e-mail or not, I would base that decision on whether you need to have this relationship work in any way in the future. If you could care less about talking to this person again, then by all means drop the bomb.

Because of my ADD, I was the exact opposite of you in that I tested really well (almost always aced the tests) but couldn't manage all the other tedious paperwork assignments. So I got a lot of C's, an occasional B and a few D's. And I dealt with a lot of criticism from so-called "smart" people. I've also been judged harshly for being too "brainy". So you and I have to understand at some point that our intelligence isn't defined by other people's opinions. Neither should our self-esteem or emotional happiness be so defined.

I could spend a paragraph or two telling you how much I appreciate your intelligence, but you already know you are smart. So I will just say the following.

There are a lot of ugly little prejudices in the world. People find a lot of meaningless, pitiful distinctions to make themselves feel superior: so-and-so is fat, skinny, tall, short, ugly, smart, stupid, clumsy, black, white, brown, handicapped, mental health challenged, ect. ... and none of them are worth the time it takes to hear them. Be above that. Ignore it all when you hear it, and do not participate in it yourself.

You ARE smarter than that.

Oh, and by the way, I <3 your username.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-15-2006, 08:51 AM   #2293
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
Like Rush Limbaugh says, "I am always right."

j/k
Yeah, you and Rush. That's just how you roll!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-15-2006, 09:02 AM   #2294
tenet_2012

Fuck!

I just got a call from my boss, he fired me.

Fuck!

I am sick and he knows it. He said that I miss too much work and he can't put me on the schedule. I've only missed three days. This sucks! I can't drive due to the meds and my friend worked with me so I got rides with her.

What am going to do now?

--Geisha
Old 03-15-2006, 09:08 AM   #2295
tenet_2012

I don't think so. It is a legit reason. It just sucks.

--Geisha
Old 03-15-2006, 09:17 AM   #2296
Empty_Purple_Stars

I don't think what you guys are saying to Lackluster is entirely fair.

He pm'ed me about the financial aid issues and other stuff, and I don't see any reason to believe he is lying.

I myself made spelling mistakes in my post to him earlier this morning, which isn't something I normally do.

I know we've had some habitual liars here recently, but I don't see why you guys are assuming there is a rat here, when I don't smell one.

Maybe I am gullible, but I am usually pretty good about spotting bullshit.

I was the one who caught Joyslayer in all of her lies, and BodnoirBade and all of her many incarnations.

I just think it's a little unfair to be mean and make these assumptions without a good reason to make them.

Old 03-15-2006, 09:20 AM   #2297
Empty_Purple_Stars

Tenet, I would remind your boss about the Americans with Disabilities Act AND the ACLU AND your Local Labor Board.

He doesn't want any part of those agencies crawling up his ass.

There are laws protecting you from a prejudicial termination such as that.

If he doesn't want to rehire you, there are steps you can take to make sure he doesn't get away with it.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:27 AM   #2298
Ben Lahnger

E_P_S, I understand (re: Lackluster) ... that's why I didn't say anything direct or mean.

And the college spelling comment? I'd have said that to any of the crazies that cohabitate this place with us.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-15-2006, 09:35 AM   #2299
Ben Lahnger

Tenet, I think you could a) force him to take you back or b) force him into some kind of settlement.

I've never heard of anyone getting fired for missing 3 days. And especially not with a medical explanation. If he is firing you for missing 3 days, that is certainly NOT legit.

Definitely get in touch with the ACLU and the Labor Board. Right away! The more time that passes, the more defensible his position becomes.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #2300
JuliaGaltic

Tenet, I have a friend with a chronic health problem. She researched that she only legally has to work a certain amount of hours a year (something like 1200 I think, sorry this was 4 years ago I'm remembering this from) because her health will most likely keep her away from work for a lot of the time.
Anyway, just saying that there are organizations out there meant to protect people with health conditions from being fired for taking too much time off.
Maybe you could at least come to a compromise and have the company give you a severance package to hold you over until you can find another job.