Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:30 AM   #1
Deadmanwalking_05

Gordon Brown praises New World Order (Feb 19)

http://www.infowars.com/gordon-brown...-order-feb-19/

February 19, 2010

In a speech thanking the progressive politics ‘believers’ of the world, Gordon Brown gives his election speech were he praises the New World Order, urging a new global financial constitution, and heralding a new global age.

This speech clearly shows that Gordon Brown is mad, and New Labour should be kicked out of power, as fast as possible, before the UK is totally destroyed as a nation...

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #2
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by comments
I think we could declare WAR on the U.K. and win and also liberate their citizens.
Hahahaha, fuck, you and your friends crack me up.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
PortraitOfSanity

Yea, you know, invading England is always a great idea, look at all the people who have tried and succeeded in modern history.

That's military suicide second only to going after Russia in the fall.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
Alan

I've always wondered why you freaks are so scared of that phrase.
What do you understand with the phrase New World Order, Deadman?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I've always wondered why you freaks are so scared of that phrase.
What do you understand with the phrase New World Order, Deadman?
If it's global then it isn't American.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Yea, you know, invading England is always a great idea, look at all the people who have tried and succeeded in modern history.
Practicality from a strategic standpoint isn't really the problem with that suggestion, POS.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #7
Delkaetre

Brown's lost the plot, and none of our other politicians have even seen the script, but I would thank our dear American cousins to consider the contrast between the UK and the USA. Seriously. We have the BNP, who are a bunch of racist idiots, but America has... the teabaggers. Evangelical Baptist sects. People who bomb abortion clinics and kill anyone who performs abortions. Unemployed underclasses who champion lower taxes for big corporations and abhor the provision of social healthcare without even seeing how these things impact on their own lives. Filibustering on a scale previously unheard of. Ron Paul, and people who would vote for him. Sarah Palin, and people who would vote for her. Hell, the USA has Fox News and people actually take its reportage seriously- it even has people who think that Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter are sane, balanced, thoughtful individuals not given to emotionally manipulative and violent rhetoric!

By comparison, we're healthier, better educated, have more reliable media (even the Daily Mail isn't as bad as Fox), and are less likely to shoot each other for little to no reason. Our government may be a bit nuts, but yours is full of filibustering twats who wouldn't know a thoughtful debate and reasonable negotiation if it happened in front of them.

Besides, it's the General Election this year. Brown's coming out of power shortly, unless Cameron fails to woo the populace sufficiently.

/rant

(and my apologies to those Americans native to these boards who don't take infowars as gospel. You, dear useful people, give me hope)
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
Methadrine

...And here I thought Mr Brown actually had some taste and praised Curtis Mayfield's album, but no.

Anyway, Del sums it up. 'nuff said. He is a funny man to read about in the news though.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #9
Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
Brown's lost the plot, and none of our other politicians have even seen the script, but I would thank our dear American cousins to consider the contrast between the UK and the USA. Seriously. We have the BNP, who are a bunch of racist idiots, but America has... the teabaggers. Evangelical Baptist sects. People who bomb abortion clinics and kill anyone who performs abortions. Unemployed underclasses who champion lower taxes for big corporations and abhor the provision of social healthcare without even seeing how these things impact on their own lives. Filibustering on a scale previously unheard of. Ron Paul, and people who would vote for him. Sarah Palin, and people who would vote for her. Hell, the USA has Fox News and people actually take its reportage seriously- it even has people who think that Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter are sane, balanced, thoughtful individuals not given to emotionally manipulative and violent rhetoric!

By comparison, we're healthier, better educated, have more reliable media (even the Daily Mail isn't as bad as Fox), and are less likely to shoot each other for little to no reason. Our government may be a bit nuts, but yours is full of filibustering twats who wouldn't know a thoughtful debate and reasonable negotiation if it happened in front of them.

Besides, it's the General Election this year. Brown's coming out of power shortly, unless Cameron fails to woo the populace sufficiently.

/rant

(and my apologies to those Americans native to these boards who don't take infowars as gospel. You, dear useful people, give me hope)
Until getting on Gothic.net I never knew about infowars...I must agree our news media is absolutely terrible. What is this though about the US containing less healthy and less educated people? I really do dislike such generalizations...I'm American and I’m neither severely uneducated or unhealthy...
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
Alan

Don't fucking tell us that what you 'learned' here is that infowars is good.
real classy
Old 02-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Don't fucking tell us that what you 'learned' here is that infowars is good.
rofl No...that's isn't what I was trying to say at all....

I said our news media is terrible, in response to the existance of this site called inforwars which I never knew of until now.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #12
Delkaetre

By comparison should be read in context as in terms of the whole population.

You, personally, may not be massively unhealthy, but the American population is generally less healthy than the British. That doesn't mean that individuals can't buck the trend, that just means that there is a measurable trend.

There is a difference between generalisation ("you're all fat and stupid!") which is often inaccurate, and actual data trends ("the populace as a whole is slightly less healthy and suffers from poorer standards of education") which are usually based on measurable data and are usually reasonably accurate.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #13
Alan

Oh ok, I almost freaked.
real classy
Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #14
Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
By comparison should be read in context as in terms of the whole population.

You, personally, may not be massively unhealthy, but the American population is generally less healthy than the British. That doesn't mean that individuals can't buck the trend, that just means that there is a measurable trend.

There is a difference between generalisation ("you're all fat and stupid!") which is often inaccurate, and actual data trends ("the populace as a whole is slightly less healthy and suffers from poorer standards of education") which are usually based on measurable data and are usually reasonably accurate.
I know there are data trends, but usually when I hear about them people use them to make generalizations. So it's just made me sick of hearing about the data trends altogether I suppose, especially since they don't apply to me.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #15
Delkaetre

Unfortunately, there's a good chance you're going to come across plenty more on these boards. And in society in general, since data trends are used as a guage of everything from economic stability to the health of the populace to the voting patterns of the state you live in.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #16
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Practicality from a strategic standpoint isn't really the problem with that suggestion, POS.
Well, yea, I mean it's a completely irrational suggestion barring any discussion of feasibility.

But on top of that, invading an island is pretty suicidal.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #17
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Well, yea, I mean it's a completely irrational suggestion barring any discussion of feasibility.

But on top of that, invading an island is pretty suicidal.
I can think of an island that surrendered before anyone thought of invading them. *cough*
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #18
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I can think of an island that surrendered before anyone thought of invading them. *cough*
Yeah, Tahitians are fucking pussies.