Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
absythedelight

Question Why do fat people get so offended?

When you call them fat? I mean.. its not like they don't know.. it's like tip toe through the tulips with describing a fat person.

Theres a girl at my school who is 5'3'' at the most and HAS to be like 300 lbs at least and whenever I hear someone talking about her they go "Oh yea Jenny? She has blonde hair and blue eyes... shes a little on the tubby side" I mean DUDE tubby is like... a 150 pound 5'3'' chick... she's a ****ing WHALE.

And then when someone calls her fat the other person will just say "oh thats not very nice, she isnt THAT big"

I was talking to my dad who is like 320, and I was saying "blah blah blah obesity is going to be the death of us" and he is like "SHUT UP! Go to your room!" You can loose weight dude...

Shouldn't fat people be restricted to a diet of bread and water or sprouts only?

Last edited by absythedelight; 09-14-2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typo
absythedelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

I don't think they should get so upset, either, unless the person is being a total dick.

And no, they shouldn't be on a restricted diet.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
TopHaggardDoll

No...they shouldn't. Some people love fat girls/guys. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_fetish

You can't demand all people fit into what you believe is attractive.

And calling someone fat is one thing....calling them a fucking whale is another. I despise your attitude.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #4
L'Oiseau Noir

Okay, though I understand obesity is a growing problem, that does NOT give you the right to call her "a fucking whale." Not everybody is going to meet your criteria of attractiveness, so get the hell over it.

You're seriously a dickhead. It's one thing to tell the truth, but it's another to mock someone. You're not being honest, you're just being a jerk.
L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #5
absythedelight

Well literally noone loves a fat chick.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:45 PM   #6
Linen

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Okay, though I understand obesity is a growing problem, that does NOT give you the right to call her "a fucking whale." Not everybody is going to meet your criteria of attractiveness, so get the hell over it.

You're seriously a dickhead. It's one thing to tell the truth, but it's another to mock someone. You're not being honest, you're just being a jerk.
I agree. You wouldn't call a really emaciated (skinny) person, "a fucking skeleton" to their face, would you? There is a difference between honesty and tactfulness. You can tell someone if you're worried about them being too big without outright calling them a fatass. It still may hurt their feelings a little, but not as much as it would have.

Yes, obesity is a problem. It's not like fat people WANT to be fat, and even though they *can* do something about it, you could probably compare it (dieting) to trying to stop any other type of addiction like smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. What makes it hardest for people to stop eating so much is that food IS necessary, just not in large amounts, while most other addictions are something you can completely live without. Does that make sense?

I used to be bulimic, so trust me when I say it's not always easy to control your eating habits (or lack thereof).
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by absythedelight
Actually....A very good friend of mine will only go for fat girls...so...shut up.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
absythedelight

But is this a real or imaginary friend?
Old 09-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #9
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
It's not like fat people WANT to be fat
Some do.

What is wrong with people!? Why is fat so bad!? I don't understand! I've seen some beautiful fat girls.

You're all turning fat into a bad word!!!!!!

I'm gunna bloody say it...i'm FAT!!!!!!! Yeah...I might be a stone overweight...but I feel good about myself, I don't hate myself, I don't want to lose weight. I may be bigger than other girls but that doesn't make me a bad person and it doesn't make me any less beautiful.

If it's a crime to feel good the way you are, then lock me up.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #10
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
No, you don't love them.

People like you make me sick. All you do is mock other people because it gratifies you in some way or another, yet you yourself probably have a list of problems.

Just because a girl may not meet your "standards," does not mean they aren't worthwhile individuals to get to know or hang out with. I've met plenty of obese people I've found to be scintillating conversationalists, and all around nice--there are even some obese girls I've seen as beautiful people!

Grow up, or stop posting. Take a pick.
L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #11
LadyLucretia

Quote:

Shouldn't fat people be restricted to a diet of bread and water or sprouts only?

Shouldn't stupid people have their computer privileges revoked?
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #12
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
But is this a real or imaginary friend?
He's very real, I assure you.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:59 PM   #13
thedoll

I was really overweight when I was younger, and still not considered skinny, and people like you are the reason I hate wearing short skirts and short sleeved shirts, because there will always be an asshole whispering about how you look. Yeah, some people are overweight, why does it matter? Why do you have to start threads about it? Maybe if people werent so fucking judgemental all the time it wouldnt matter...

anyways, Youre beautiful tophaggarddoll so get over it :P

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #14
Underwater Ophelia

Guys...she might just be a fake account.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #15
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Guys...she might just be a fake account.
Looking at her last few posts it seems like that's probably the case.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #16
bleedingheart344

Good point, UO. I'm willing to bet that it is.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #17
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoll
anyways, Youre beautiful tophaggarddoll so get over it :P
I was NOT expecting that....I was just trying to "fight the system!" for lack of a better term...
Old 09-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #18
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
fatness should not be made into the only factor that defines someone's identity. THAT is what makes it very insulting, not the actual fact of admitting someone is fat.
Most fat people should take care of their diet and life style while others are sick and can't change their state no matter how hard they try. Calling such a person "a whale" is terrible ignorance or, in the least, insensitivity.

I think all has been said already on this subject, so I will not repeat.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:47 PM   #19
kimaru

I'm about 5'7 and 182 lbs, I used to be like 225lbs. I was so proud of myself for doing so well even if I am still a-bit overweight. Until I went back to school this year anyways when some one called me a fat chick. It just crashed my self-confidance, I wasn't really offended I guess but i didn't feel to good afterwards...
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #20
kwaniesiam

I'm on the fatter side...but at least my fat doesn't clog the bloodflow to my brain and cause me to make ignorant statements.

Also not everyone thats fat is that way due to overeating. Granted, most people could use a lifestyle and diet change, but there are medical conditions that make losing weight much more difficult and a slower process. I had my thyroid removed due Hashimotos Thyroiditis (an auto-immune disorder that causes the thyroid to attack itself. Anyone that knows anything about it knows that without your thryoid functioning properly your whole body chemistry goes out of whack), and since then a hormonal imbalance that has yet to be regulated has made losing weight a lot more difficult as well as given me all sorts of other health problems. Impossible to lose weight? No, but for every pound lost it would be like a healthy person losing 10.
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:01 PM   #21
kimaru

My problem was that I never learned how to eat healthy or exercise because my family didn't do either. So I had to make a change myself, my mom still goes out and gets fast food all the time but i can't have any...it really sucks.
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #22
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
What are you talking about? Fat chicks are like Vespas... fun to ride until a friend sees you on one.

Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #23
maggot

Where do you live?
Old 09-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #24
Beneath the Shadows

Who... me?
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:17 PM   #25
TopHaggardDoll

Hogwarts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!